Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One:
Matt was heading east by foot, still searching for Sonny, who he obviously hadn’t found yet. He got quite a fright when he turned a corner and ran right into someone. He was hopeful at first that it was Sonny… but no. It was someone who he found much more irritating - Moulds.

“Ah, fuck, you scared me,” Matt said. Moulds walked on. “What the fuck are you doing out of the hospital?”

“Got released. Now fuck off!” Moulds replied. He was obviously not as friendly as the giant puppy dog that was Matt…

Moulds walked away with a slight limp. Matt shrugged and kept on walking. He turned the next corner and jumped, letting out a girly shriek.

“Oh… Hutcheson.”

“Fuck you, Good.” Hutch aimed a punch at Matt, who ducked and blocked Hutch’s hand with his own.

“Calm down,” Matt said.

“Fuck you, fucker!” Hutch punched again, but this time hit his target.

“Calm down!” Matt urged.

“No, fuck you! You sent Moulds to the fucking hospital!”

“Yeah, I saved his fucking annoying ass.”

“He wasn’t meant to go there,” Hutch said, staring Matt right in the eye. The expression plastered on his face was very serious, and dare Matt think it… scared?

He’s probably just afraid of going to jail, Matt thought.

“So keep the fuck away from me and learn to trust the words I say,” Hutch said, continuing on in the same direction as Moulds.

Matt had a sudden thought, what if Hutch was going back to finish the job? Kill Moulds for real, this time?

Matt turned around and saw that Hutch was gone. He turned the corner and couldn’t see him, either. Sure, Matt didn’t like Moulds, but he didn’t want him to be murdered, either.

He ran to the next corner, the one where he’d originally seen Moulds. He carefully peered around it. What he saw, though, was Hutch and Moulds… talking. Talking like they used to before Hutch stabbed Moulds.

Matt held a strange look on his face, to no one in particular, just to himself, in confusion. He turned and walked away. Decided to continue his search for Sonny. What else was he to do? Go up to Hutch and Moulds and say, ‘Hey Hutch, Moulds, meh home dawgs! What’s up? Thought I’d come to make sure Hutch wasn’t tryin’ to stab yo, Moulds!’ No. Sonny was faaaaaar more important than those assholes.

-Four hours later-

“Should we be worried? They’ve been gone for almost five hours…”

“Nah, Jess, don’t be worried. Trav and Matt are walking. It’s a big place for two men to cover by foot,” Simone replied.

“Yeah, and knowing them they’ve probably found Sonny and taken off to that new candy store…”

“Matt?”

“Yeah, it’s all he ever talks about these days.”

“It’s been open for a day.”

“Yeah, I know. But still… shut up…”

“Yeah, he really likes that candy. He’s worse then yo-” Simone cut herself off. “Then you… who are you?”

Jess looked behind her to see who had entered the room. It was a man who showed not his face, spoke not his real voice, as it was obvious.

“I am the unnamed,” the mysterious man said in a deep, rough voice.

“You don’t need to ask who that is… it’s that son of a bitch that’s after Sonny,” Jess said.

“Get out,” Sim said.

“Not until I take you with me.”

“Why the fuck would we go with you? She can’t even walk!” Jess said, raising her voice and pointing to Simone.

“Maybe because of, I don’t know, this.” He pulled out a cell phone from his pocket. It had one of those video call functions, and showed on the screen were Matt and Travis, tied up and gagged. He also showed them a part of his gun, which was in another of his wide variety of coat pockets. The girls didn’t even want to think of what could be in the others.

“You fucking psycho… let them go!” Jess screamed.

Simone reached for the call button, but the man was quick to see her and pulled the gun out a little more.

“Now, now, pretty one. Don’t want your brains on the walls, do you?”

The man had too much power for Jess and Sim’s liking.

“Go on, get out! You, bitch on bed, stay here and keep yo mouth shut if you ever want to see your friends alive again!”

Jess, terrified, followed the man out of the hospital. He walked close to her, an arm around her waist to prevent her from running away. He had the gun pressing against her side through his coat. She had to fight hard not to let tears escape her eyes. They walked down the streets, and it was when they began walking down the lonely streets that Jess became really scared. She feared he would rape her, kill, then rape again… or something like that. Of course, there were worse things than that, even.

They arrived at a building. Jess looked around, desperate to determine their location. She honestly had no clue where they were. She hadn’t lived in the town very long, after all. The man forced her into an eerie looking building with no indication of its location or anything of the sorts. It was plain, abandoned, like every other building in sight. They’d been walking for a while… it could be anywhere in town, for all she knew.

Once inside the building, Jess scanned her surroundings. The man led her into a certain room in the building. And that was when Jess gasped a loud gasp. She was more frightened now than before. She knew that this was the worst place to be. It was far safer on the streets. Here, the man could do anything he liked. Kill them all, no big deal. It would be days, weeks, months even before they were found. Who knows, maybe even years.

And at the state Travis and Matt were in, it looked like that would be the way the cookie would crumble.