Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two:
Derek walked the streets alone. It was getting darker by the minute and he still hadn't found Sonny. He needed to find him. If he didn't, who knows what would happen to him. He decided to go up into the hospital now. Yes, the hospital. He could be there. Hanging out with his mates, ya know?

He arrived. He checked. No one there but a sleeping Simone. He closed the door quietly behind him and left. Left to wander around the sleeping town for the rest of the night... when he himself should be sleeping.

In the next hour the only forms of life he came across while wandering the streets were a stray dog, a drunk old homeless man, and a bug of some sorts that nearly flew up his nose. He swatted it away before it could, though. That wouldn't have been a very nice feeling. No, not at all.

-Meanwhile-

"This is fun. I rather like this. Having all the power. So much power over alllll of you," the creepy man said, twirling his gun around his gloved fingers.

"How can you think this is fun!?" Travis yelled.

"Boy, I'd keep that sexy mouth of yours shut if you don't want a bullet through it." Too much power.

"Why do you want us here anyway? It's obvious that Sonny's the one your after... so why us?" Matt asked. His voice was soft. He was scared.

"Why kill just one when I can kill four? Five if that little weasel he calls his boyfriend shows up."

Travis thought this man was sick.

"You're sick! You sick son of a bitch! I hope you die! Die and rot in hell!"

He chuckled that distinct chuckle of his again. "Who's got the gun? Who's got the knife? Who's got another knife? Who's got a rat trap, some poison, anything else you can think of?"

Neither of the three said anything.

"HUH!?" He screamed.

Travis, Matt, and Jess all flinched backwards. They were tied up to a bar which was on the wall behind them, so their flinching had just pushed them further towards the wall. The man ran his fingertips across the cold metal of the gun. All over. He twirled it around his fingers again. He pointed it at each of the three, one at a time, holding the gun so close to their faces that had it been breathing, they would have felt it's cool breath on their faces. Cool like death. They would have been able to smell the death on it. Who even knew how many lives that man had taken with that gun?

A few times, just for fun, he shot a few bullets off. One above each of their heads. Not by far, either. Just a few inches. Like planned. He had good aim. That was not good for the three captives.

They just didn’t know how much longer they’d live.

-Meanwhile-

Back at the hospital, Simone was lying in bed, bored. She was looking around aimlessly, searching for something to do. She sighed, giving up. There was nothing she wanted to do, not that she had many options. Sleep, read the book she already finished, or… that’s it. Not many options.

A few minutes later, a nurse walked into the room to check up on Simone, breaking Simone out of her boredom. Actually, she was still bored. This was just something different. Yeah, something different that happened two or three times a day.

“NURSE, DUDE, I’M AWESOME! WORSHIPPPPP MEEEEEE” Simone yelled suddenly.

The young woman looked a little shocked… scared perhaps. “Are you sure you’re in the right kind of hospital?” She raised her eyebrows.

“You’re just jealous!” Simone added.

The nurse shook her head, displeased, and walked out of the room. Simone was okay physically… but mentally? That was another story. The nurse would deal with that another day. Though Simone had a feeling she wouldn’t be seeing that nurse again. She smirked to herself, and let out a quiet laugh. It didn’t need to be loud, she was the only one in the room. Yet she couldn’t help herself from breaking out in a fit of uncontrollable laughter after all attempts of quiet laughter failed.

The door burst open and Simone rose up out of her bed in fright. She was still laughing.

“Derek dude, did you know that I’m AWESOMMMME? You need to worship me,” she said with a wink and a violent single nod of her head. Derek raised his eyebrows too. He thought it looked weird when she did that nod of her head. Her head seemed to bounce up again. It creeped him out a little.

“Um… have they given you some sort of new medicine or something?”

“I don't know, I’m just feeling better. Returning to my old self. Yeah.”

Derek looked at her with a strange expression on his face for a few moments before she broke out in song.

“Let’s get these teen hearts beating faster, faster!” Panic! At The Disco… again.

“Okay… well that’s great and all, but have you seen Sonny since you woke up?”

“No. I can’t even remember what’s happened in the last few hours. No idea. Maybe they gave me some meds that blocked my memory or something. Can’t remember anything before I woke up half an hour ago. It’s all a blurry blank,” she said. “But since then, he hasn’t been.”

“Okay, thanks. I got to keep looking now. Bye,” Derek said.

“The queen of weirdness bids you farewell, chicken head!”

“Yeah… okay. Bye.” Derek walked out of the room. Now it was getting serious. Really serious. He was worried. It had been so long since he’d seen him. For all Derek knew, Sonny could be dead. And Derek was rapidly losing hope that he was still alive.