Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine:
“It’s really not good that Travis is giving Simone alcohol while she’s in hospital,” said Derek as he and Jess edged further away from Simone’s room and closer to Sonny’s.

“I know. We should say something,” Jess replied. After a moment of thought, she continued speaking. “I just didn’t take Simone as the kind of person who’d want to get drunk like this. And in hospital!”

“How long has she been like that?”

“I don’t know, maybe the last few times I saw her.”

“Strange. Something weird is going on here…”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Derek and Jess heard a big scream coming from one of the rooms. They didn’t need to ask who it was.

“Simone,” Jess stated. It wasn’t a question and Derek knew it.

“Ha. Weird.”

They continued on to Sonny’s room, but finding upon arrival that he was fast asleep, getting the rest he needed. The hospital were keeping him overnight for observation because he hadn’t been looking after himself properly while he was residing in the gritty old dumpster Derek had found him in.

They backed silently out of the room, as not to wake Sonny. Derek turned his nose up when he smelled the annoyingly clean smell that hospitals bring. Hospitals and dentists, but that’s a whole other story.

They wandered over to Matt’s room to check up on him and see what was goin’ down in Matt-land.

“Hey, Matt. What’s goin’ down in Matt-land?” Derek said. He hastily added, “I’m not drunk!”

Matt gave him a puzzled look before replying with the age-old, “Hi.”

“Not feeling to well?” Derek asked.

“That leg looks really painful,” Jess said.

“Yeah, it is.” Matt attempted a smile that just came out plain weak.

“Jess told me what you did – or at least what she thinks you did. You know, the whole story, hard to gettt when you’re all, well, you know… a hostage and stuff. Or whatever, you know.”

“Mmhmm. I’ll fill in the gaps later. I’m a bit drugged out now – painkillers. Because my leg is ouchy.”

“You look really tired,” said Jess, studying Matt’s face, which did indeed look tired.

“Tired…” Matt mused, a vacant expression on his face.

“We’ll let you get some sleep now. Rest up, buddy. You’ll wanna feel better real soon,” Derek said.

“Ah, yes, the words of wisdom. But why do I need to get better so soon?”

“Just because you don’t wanna be here… I thought that was obvious, man. Never mind,” Derek said with a faint shrug of his manly shoulders.

After the second visitor that wasn’t really in need of visiting, Derek and Jess silently agreed that they ought to head back to Simone’s room and check up on her and Travis. If Travis was drunk… well, let’s just say he can do some pretty CRAZY stuff when he’s drunk. Derek remembered once when Travis and Matt got totally off their faces and each jumped from a first floor balcony. The result: they both ended up with matching broken ankles.

Once back at Simone’s room, Derek and Jess found a scene that was TOTALLY not an every day scene.

Travis was rolling vehemently around on the floor, back facing up, stomach facing up, back, stomach, back stomach, back, stomach… and so on. He rolled into the wall and let out an angered “OUCH, DAMMIT!”

Simone, on the other hand, was sticking to her routine duck special, and was now out of bed and squatting on the ground, hands tucked up under her arms to make ‘duck wings’. She was quacking relentlessly, which both Derek and Jess were already starting to find extremely aggravating.

Ah, the things people do when drunk.

Simone looked up from her state of quacking duck-likeliness and saw Derek and Jess, a big, broad smile erupting on her beak. I mean mouth. Oops. She stood up and flapped her wings.

“OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! MEGAN’S DEAD! WE’RE BEST FRIENDS NOW!” Simone squealed excitedly… and loudly. Very loudly.

“Simone!” Jess said. How drunk would she have to be to say that it was good one of her bestest, bestest friends ever was dead, leaving the place of ‘Simone’s best friend’ wide open for someone to fill, accidentally or purposely? Derek and Jess thought pretty damn drunk.

“Travis, what the hell?” Derek asked with a tinge of madness in his voice.

“What the hell? I’ll tell you what’s the smell, Derek! It’s you! You’re smelly! You’re just a smelly little boy! Cheese! YEAH, YOU JUST WISH IT WAS! You pooped your pants, Derek! YOU POOPED THEM! You were too lazy to get off your fat, lazy rear end so you just went POOP. And then there was poopy all in your pants and you had to throw them out because you couldn’t get it out! POOPY POOPY, DEREK’S A POOPY PANTS! HE IS HE IS HE IS! RAWR! You’re just jealous, bitch!”

“Travis, quit the drinks, man. Listen to yourself. JUST LISTEN TO YOURSELF!” Derek said, and after a moment he looked confused. “Maybe I need to calm down…”

“NO I WILL NOT! I like my alcy-hol and I ain’t gonna quit it just because you POOPED YOUR PANTS!”

The discussion was brought to an abrupt halt then when a sudden person burst into the room.

“We have a problem,” said Sonny Moore.