Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:
(Normal POV - [No one’s POV])
Their separate classes continued until recess, when Derek went to find Sonny. He found him by his locker, putting his books inside. Sonny turned his head as he heard someone approach and was greeted by the smiling face of Derek.

“Hey Sonny.” Derek smiled.

“Hey Derek.”

“Gotten any more texts?”

“Not today. Thank God. That last one was really weird. And that noise last night. I swear I saw someone pass the window. A dog wouldn’t have been that high.”

“It could have just been someone going for a walk.”

“Past the side window at one in the morning!?”

“Ok, maybe not. Sonny, I don’t know. And I do believe you, it’s just... why?” Derek said. By now they had walked outside. They were sitting by the oak tree, and Travis and Matt hadn’t arrived yet. “Sonny, I don’t want you to get hurt.” Derek said, holding Sonny’s hand, as Sonny leaned into him. They quickly separated when they both simultaneously saw two jocks pass by.

“Were you two just cuddling?” One of them asked. Both of the jocks laughed.

Neither Sonny or Derek answered.

“Tell me, Queer!” The other one ordered, staring menacingly at Sonny. Fuck, the one from the bus again, Sonny thought to himself.

The jock from the bus reached down to grab Sonny, but Derek swiftly stopped him. A rare thing happened then and a teacher walked by. The jocks walked away from Sonny and Derek. A moment later Matt appeared.

“Hey guys.” He said casually, taking a seat on the ground, opposite the two. Sonny and Derek looked at each other and silently decided to tell Matt about them.

Derek began. “Matt, remember what I told you yesterday?”

“Oh yeah, that candy shop is coming to town!” Matt said excitedly, like a kid in a candy store, which is pretty much what he was, only he was 17, and he wasn’t in the candy store… yet.

“No, not that.” Derek hinted by nodding his head in Sonny’s direction.

“Oh yes, that.” Matt said, remembering the right thing.

“Well, Sonny and I are-” Derek said, but getting cut off by Matt.

“Not really humans but vampires or aliens.” Matt said quickly.

“NO!” Derek yelled. His voice softened to a mumble as he finished his sentence. “Dating.”

“What?” Matt asked.

“Dating.” Derek mumbled again.

“Speak up a little.” Matt said.

“Dating! We’re dating!” Derek said, a little too loudly this time. Oops, He thought as he received strange looks from a few people walking past nearby. He ignored them and looked away, his eyes settling on Matt.

“Aww, are you serious? That’s great!” Matt said, a big grin spreading across his face at the news. Two of his best friends…

Sonny and Derek smiled in return and Sonny lightly squeezed Derek’s soft hand.

Travis arrived then to see Derek and Sonny sitting close together, holding hands. “What’s going on here?” He asked, eyeing the couple.

Derek went to answer, but Matt beat him to it.

“Sonny and Derek are going out now.” Matt said casually, though it was obvious he was suppressing a smile. He was genuinely happy for his friends, who had both been alone for so long. Though both of their previous relationships were with girls… but Matt wasn’t a homophobe so he didn’t care.

“Really? Great!” Travis replied.

Sonny and Derek were glad their friends didn’t care about their sexuality.

The bell soon rang, and class is class, nothing particularly exciting happened. However, when lunch time arrived…

The four returned to the familiar, faithful oak tree. About half way through lunch, someone else approached the tree, even more surprisingly it wasn’t a jock coming to beat them up. It was Simone.

“Hey, Travis.” She said cheerily.

“Hey, Simone.” Travis replied.

“You two look comfortable.” She said, winking at Sonny and Derek. Sonny blushed a little and Derek laughed. Derek noticed Sonny blushing and leant over and gave him a gentle peck on the cheek. Sonny smiled and felt less uncomfortable now.

“Do you want to sit down?” Travis offered.

“Sure.” She replied, taking a seat.

Simone sat with the four of them for the rest of lunch, and as Travis put it yesterday, she said some more ‘pretty fucking weird things.’

Derek and Sonny obviously eased into their surroundings, Derek pressing his lips to the side of Sonny’s neck, letting them trail slowly up to his ear, where he whispered something. His hot breath lingered on Sonny’s ear, as he enjoyed the feeling and slowly, softly ran his hand up Derek’s thigh.

“Ahem.” Travis interrupted.

Derek and Sonny stopped abruptly. They both flushed scarlet. “Sorry.” Sonny apologized.

“It’s ok. Just get a room next time.” Matt joked.

Travis and Simone laughed with Matt. She seemed to be fitting in pretty well with them, though she already had enough friends as it is.

She sat next to Travis in their last class of the day, and when she mentioned her friend Megan, Travis began to get curious. He listened intently to everything she said about Megan.

-Meanwhile-

Sonny had yet another free class. He was walking along out near one of the wild gardens on the outer skirts of the school’s boundary and he couldn’t shake the feeling he was being followed.

“Murderrr. Pessstilence. Deeeath.” A voice hissed as Sonny quickly turned around to see who was behind the eerie voice…