Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:
Sonny turned around, only to see he was seemingly alone. He turned around in a full circle but found no one surrounding him.

“What the fuck?” He murmured to himself. He walked quickly back to the more crowded area of the school, where he blended in with the other students.

Ok, so he didn’t exactly blend in, covered in black from head to toe, his pale skin standing out from his dark skin tight tee and black jeans that were equally as tight.

He sunk into the crowd, which wasn’t that hard considering his size. After school finished Sonny went to find Derek, and found him waiting out front. He ran to him and leapt forward, embracing him in a hug. The sudden impact left Derek stunned momentarily until he wrapped his arms around Sonny and clung to him.

“I missed you this afternoon.” Derek whispered.

“I missed you too.” Sonny replied, reaching his head up and softly kissing his lips. He pulled away then, as they were in a public area and the jocks could see them at any time. And we all know what would happen then: Sonny and Derek would have the shit beaten out of them. They walked slowly out of the school grounds.

Meanwhile, Travis and Simone had just decided they would hang out together after school. They hadn’t yet decided what they would do, so they walked down the street, looking for something to do.

“Ugh. Not there.” Simone said as they passed the art museum.

“Agreed.” Travis replied.

“Art. I shudder at the thought.” Simone added.

They walked down the lengths of a few streets, but didn’t see anything much they wanted to do. They exchanged phone numbers for future reference and headed in their opposite directions home.

Sonny and Derek were at Sonny’s place now, after a walk home of romantically teasing each other.

They walked in through the front door, their lips pressed against each others. Their tongues slipped in and out of each others mouths as they dumped their bags on the ground.

Derek pulled away from Sonny as he decided right in front of the front door wasn’t the best place to leave their bags. He picked them both up and carried them towards Sonny’s room. When he arrived back, Sonny was still standing in the same place that Derek had left him, and he had puppy dog eyes as Derek walked towards him.

Derek walked up to Sonny and leaned into him, as if to kiss him, but a moment before their lips met, Derek pulled swiftly away and went into the kitchen. Sonny followed him in this time, sneaking up behind Derek as he was fixing himself a drink.

He kissed the back of Derek’s neck, and Sonny felt him shiver. Derek turned and looked into Sonny’s deep brown eyes; the eyes that mesmerized him each and every time he saw them. Derek drank his drink and placed the empty glass in the sink. He turned to Sonny and whispered, “How about we watch TV for a while?” He completed the sentence with a seductive look.

Travis had arrived home now, and was toying with the idea of ‘to call, or not to call’ Simone. They got along well and they seemed to be friends now, and he kind of really wanted to talk to her about Megan.

He hadn’t seen Megan with anyone at school, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t single. Besides, he didn’t know what she thought of him. He presumed she disliked him, to say the least…

He decided not to call her, since they weren’t exactly what you would call good friends at this stage. And it would be rather awkward to begin asking about Megan.

-The next morning-

Sonny’s house was near silent, the only noise present was the low humming of the TV.

Derek awoke, his eyes not wanting to open in his still sleepy state. However, he was startled wide awake when he did open his eyes, surprised to see the figure of Sonny lying half on top of him, nestled in his arms.

Sonny must have noticed Derek’s sudden tension and Derek felt Sonny stir beneath him.

“Derek.” Sonny murmured. Aww he looks so cute when he just wakes up, Derek thought.

“Sonny. We didn’t… you know… did we?” Derek asked awkwardly.

“No! No… I think we just fell asleep last night, when we were watching TV.” Sonny replied, noticing the TV on.

“Oh. Ok.” There was a short awkward silence until Sonny got up. Derek mirrored him, getting up also.

“Sorry. I didn’t want that to be awkward.” Sonny apologized.

“It’s fine. You didn’t do anything wrong.” Derek replied, smiling at Sonny.

Sonny smiled in return, though it quickly disappeared. He knew he had to tell Derek…