Sequel: Angel Blue
Status: Finished! Sequel Angel Blue :)

Stray Heart

Shoplifter

I am collecting the groceries from the post office, and they are in here, cautiously putting things into their pockets as they sneak out one by one. Yep, Mum was right, nothing but trouble. Rolling my eyes, I grab the milk, bread, cheese, and a veg box, pay for it, and head home.
I step outside, and the boys are there, leaning against a wall smoking something. They're all giggly and spaced out, something illegal then, I assume.
'Nice ass.' One of them hollers, the blonde one in my chemistry class I think. I continue to walk away, and make a mental note not to wear those sweats out again. I ignore them, trying to blank out their wolf whistling.
'Back Mum.' I shout from the front door, walking through to the kitchen and putting the bag down.
'You'd better go to bed Nicola, school tomorrow.' She says, walking into the room and rifling through the bag.
'Ugh Mum it's only 9:30!' I protest, heading up the stairs.
'Come one, you know Dad doesn't like you getting to bed late, and he'll be back soon.' She explains, handing me a new tube of toothpaste. I sigh and raise my eyebrows, heading upstairs.
I hope Mum doesn't make me go to the shops again tomorrow, Those boys are always nicking stuff from it and smoking outside. What is that blonde one's name? Ugh he sits next to the short one, Billie Joe I think, in chemistry. Argh what is it? Matt? No. Mitch? Nope. Marc? Nah. Mike? Yes! That's his name, Mike.

*Next morning*

I swat my alarm clock with an extended arm, and roll out of bed - literally. Looking in the mirror, I realise I forgot to take my make-up off yesterday, I actually look like a Panda bear. Oh my God. I wipe my make-up off and re-apply it onto a blank canvas. When I'm ready I head out of the door. Chemistry first. Great...
'Hey Mel!' I greet my friend Melissa, who is already waiting in chemistry.
'Miss Spence, this is not the time for greeting your friends, you're late. And why do you have a bag with you?' Mr Boren (Or Mr Boring as we like to call him) asks me over the top of his glasses.
'Sorry Sir, I couldn't get to my locker.' I reply, batting my eyelashes. He huffs and points to the board, where there is instructions for an experiment set out. Mel already has everything set out, so I put on a pair of safety glasses and start fixing up my hair.
'Right, if you write the table, I'll start getting the compounds onto the splints.' Melissa says, she is so good at chemistry. I sniff the air.
'Who's left their gas tap on?' I ask, as the room fills up with the smell. No-one owns up, but I catch Mike and Billie Joe giggling to themselves.
'Very mature guys.' I fake laugh, leaning over their desk to turn their tap off. I can practically feel them leer down my shirt. I shake it off and go back to doing the experiment.

'Mike...' Mr Boren warns, and I look round. 'Mike, don't do it!' he warns again, as Mike pours an entire tub of mixed compounds into the Bunsen burner, creating a mess of colours. He and Billie are now practically rolling on the floor laughing.
'Right, boys, I didn't want to have to do this, sorry girls, but Mike with Nicola, Billie with Melissa, and you can stay that way for the rest of the year.' They are just standing they, jaws wide open, as are we.
'But sir!!' All 4 of us groan at once.
'I'm sorry but you boys need some shaping up, and these girls are the two to do it.' He replied. Mike grabbed his bag and threw it over by my desk.
'Here's all the answers you need.' I mutter, thrusting my book over to Mike and texting Mel.
'Cheers babe. Ooh on your phone, more of a rebel than I thought.' He says with a wink. 'What? This stuff makes no sense.' He moans, putting his head in his hands. I begin to explain it to him bit by bit, and eventually he understands.
'Oh right, so depending on the metal in the compound, the colour of the flame changes. You're good at this stuff.' He chatters, seeming a lot more confident with it now.
'Awesome! See you're quite good at this when you pay attention!' I laugh at him. Bless him, maybe he isn't such a bad guy after all.
'You know what? My Mum wanted me to find a tutor for physics, chemistry and maths. Would you be up for it? I learn best from hot girls.' He purrs.
'Yeah sure, we can start today if you want? After school?' I ask him, trying to ignore the last part of what he said.
'Sounds great. Wait for me after school yeah?' He asks, and I nod at him, packing up my stuff.

'So, you and Michael Pritchard?' Melissa teases on the way to art.
'No! Shut uuup!' I giggle.
'Haha. You free after school today?' She questions me, and I remember my deal with Mike.
'Nah I have to do something.' I say truthfully, and she looks at me.
'More like do someone, are you going over to Mike's then?' She jokes, and I blush.
'Well, yes. But only to tutor him chemistry.' I assure her, and we head into art.

'Right, boy girl pairs please. You need to sit opposite each other and draw each other's faces. Go go go!' Mrs Britain says, scribbling our homework on the board. I look around and give a desperate glance to Mel, who is already partnered with Frank - oops, I mean Tre of course... I look back round to see a sheepish Mike standing in front of me with a half smile. Mike Dirnt, nervous?!
'Erm, can I go with you please?' He mumbles.
'Sure!' I say, and get out my drawing pencils. I look right at him, and carefully take in everything I see, transferring it onto the page. His strong jawline, his bright blue eyes, his perfect nose, fluffy hair. After about 25 minutes I have a sketch of him finished, and I'm quite pleased with it actually.
'Right, I'm done.' He says, turning round his sketchpad as I do the same.
'That's so good!' I squeal, pleasantly surprised.
'Yours is amazing!' He exclaims. 'It looks just like me! I'll pay you for that, Jesus Christ!'
Miss calls on everyone to put their drawings on one of the table as she goes and matches them up.
'This couple is excellent! Michael and Nicola, very well done to you!' She warbles.
'Hear that? Me, good at something!' Mike states proudly and I giggle like an 11 year old girl. How did I not realise how attractive he is? I've known him for 5 years!

The rest of the day completely flies by, and before I know it I am at my locker with Mike, Billie Joe, and Tre.
'So, you two together now?' Tre asks cheekily.
'No aha, I'm tutoring him chemistry.' I explain, slinging my bag over my shoulder.
'I think he'd rather you taught him biology. Well, reproduction. With a practical haha.' Billie laughs, and Mike and I both blush. After about half an hour of walking I am fed up.
'Bloody hell you guys have to walk a long way!' I complain, and they laugh at me.
'It's not long now.' Tre laughs. Damn, these boys are weird, why haven't I spoken to them before?!
'Seriously I'm knackered!' I protest.

*Mike's POV*

Wow she's so great! Why the hell haven't I spoken to her before? That portrait she drew of me, that was amazing, and her eyes, her bright blue eyes, and her blonde brown hair, she's gorgeous!
'Seriously I'm knackered!' She protests, and I seize this as an opportunity. I pick her up and sling her over my shoulder fireman style. She screams but in a laugh-y way, and I carry her all the way back to my house, seeing goodbye to Billie and Tre with a salute.
'Here we are!' I say, lowering her down feet first.
'Ooh head rush!' She giggles cutely, and I show her up to my room.
'A bit, erm, messy. Sorry.' I chuckle, but she doesn't look bothered about it. We both sit down on my floor opposite each other, and she opens out her books.
'Do you want a drink?' I offer, but she declines politely.
'Right, so we'll start right at the beginning. The limestone cycle.' She continues to talk about it, and I take in every word. After about 10 minutes it gets quite boring, so I blow on her hair. She looks up with a confused smile, and then looks back down at the book. I do it again.
'Stop that Mr.' She warns jokingly, tapping my arm. I do it once more and she launches on me. I laugh and roll around until I am on top of her, then I put my arms down either side of her shoulders, while her hands are on my biceps.
'You're mad.' I say to her, our foreheads touching.
'I could say the same to you.' she laughs, moving her hands onto my chest. I have known this girl for 5 years, but really I've only known her for a day. I should've stopped being such an arrogant bitch and paid attention to a girl like this. She's amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
It gets going soon - please don't give up on me!