Sequel: Angel Blue
Status: Finished! Sequel Angel Blue :)

Stray Heart

My beating heart belongs to you

I put all of the coffee in a bin bag and throw it out.
'Babe you don't have to get rid of all the coffee. You are allowed to drink it.' Mike reminds me and I laugh.
'It wouldn't be fair to sit their drinking coffee in front of you if you aren't allowed to drink it love.'
'This is one of the many reasons I love you.' He smiles and I kiss him.
'I love you too, do you want any juice?' I ask him and he thinks.
'Erm, do we have any orange juice?' He ponders and I nod. I walk to the kitchen and find a note attached to the fridge. It's here we buy our groceries, meet Billie there oh pretty please. It reads.
'Mike? What is this?' I shout from the kitchen, but no answer. I walk back in to the living room to find him gone. Well, I'd better do what the note says.

I make my way to the local grocery store and find Billie Joe standing over by the cabbages.
'Hello Billie love, do you know what is going on?' I ask, and he stares blankly at me as he gives me another piece of card with a single rose. Can't wait to see your gorgeous face, meet Tre Cool where I play the bass. Erm, Billie's house or the studio? The studio I think.

I walk two blocks round the corner to the studio where I unlock the door and step inside to find Tre. Just as Billie did he says nothing, but hands me a note and a red rose. One step closer, well done you, your Mother holds the next clue. I know straight where I'm headed, Mum's grave.

I walk into the cemetery and find Mum's grave. Rachel Spence. My eyes start to water and I pick up the card and rose. One more clue, you're almost there, meet Jason by the golden bear. Hmm I assume he means the dreadful golden bear statue in the middle of town... Well, off I go.

I make my way into the city centre and eventually see Jason White, he hands me the card and rose. Rhyming's hard, so one last card, meet me where the big dogs guard. Don't they have those tacky guard dog statues at that restaurant? Oh what's it called? Never mind, I know where it is. I get there and walk in, it's very quiet inside, just a few murmurs. I see Mike on the little stage with his guitar. What is he doing? He begins to play and everyone quietens down.

'I text a postcard sent to you
Did it go through?
Sending all my love to you
You are the moonlight of my life every night
Giving all my love to you
My beating heart belongs to you
I walked for miles 'til I found you
I'm here to honour you
If I lose everything in the fire
I'm sending all my love to you

With every breath that I'm worth here on Earth
I'm sending all my love to you
So if you dare to second guess you can rest assured
That all my love's for you

My beating heart belongs to you
I walked for miles 'til I found you
I'm here to honour you
If I lose everything in the fire
I'm sending all my love to you

My beating heart belongs to you
I walked for miles 'til I found you
I'm here to honour you
If I lose everything in the fire
Did I ever make it through?'
I'm smiling like a complete idiot and everyone is cheering.
'Nicola, I know we're only young, and we've not been together long, but we've been through so much together, and I've never loved anyone the same as I love you. Everything about you makes my heart skip, from your eyes to how long you take trying to lace up your shoes, I can't imagine building a future with anyone except for you. So, Nicola Spence, will you marry me?' Oh my God. Tears are running down my face and I walk over to him and kiss him.
'You, Michael Ryan Pritchard are the most amazing man I have ever met. Of course I will!' He breathes a sigh of relief as he places the ring onto my finger. He stands up and we kiss as everyone cheers.
'I love you so much.' I whisper into his ear.
'I love you too, future Mrs Nicola Pritchard.' he whispers back and I smile as he takes both of my hands as we sit at the table. I'm in complete shock, I don't think I've been this happy in years.

Before either of us can get a word in, we are surrounded by everyone I can think of, Ollie (Billie's mum), Billie Joe, Tre, Jason, Al, Mike's parents (who have come over specially for us). They are all congratulating us and I have tears in my eyes.

After a good couple of hours, Mike and I return home.
'I'm gonna shower,' I announce, and his eyebrows raise. 'You coming?' He smirks and wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my neck. I reach in and turn on the shower. We undress each other and I walk in, followed by Mike. He gently pushes me against the wall and our lips crash together passionately.

Mike's POV

This moment is perfect. Hell, she's perfect. I can't believe she agreed to marry some stupid punk rocker like me. I am the luckiest guy in the world. I also shower more now, not just for this reason.

When we've finished we dry off and lie down on the bed. Her head is on my chest and I play with her hair. I look down to see she's fallen asleep and snoring slightly, I giggle and throw something at the light switch to turn it off. To my surprise I actually hit it and I drift off to sleep with her in my arms.