Mistletoe



“Ian,” Alex whined. “I don't want to go.”

“Tough shit, put the sweater on, I'm going and you're coming with me.” Ian demanded, shoving a bright green sweater at Alex. “We can go, have a few drinks, take a few pictures and come right home.”

“But I have a cold,” Alex said, pouting.

“Put the fucking sweater on,” Ian growled. “Or I'm returning your Christmas present.”

“Fine!” Alex grabbed the sweater and pulled it over his head, muttering curses the whole time. He threw the blankets off himself and stomped his way to the bathroom to piss before they left. Ian picked up the car keys from the bowl on the shelf by the door and waited impatiently. Alex took his time, and Ian could hear him grumbling from the bathroom as he attempted to put his hair in order.

“Tick tock, Allie,” Ian sang.

“I hate you,” Alex said as he wrapped a scarf around his head. “Stupid work Christmas party. I don't even like parties. Or Christmas. Or--”

“Shut up, Scrooge,” Ian said smoothly and kissed Alex on the forehead.



“I got you a drink,” Ian said cheerily, handing Alex a red plastic cup.

“Thanks, I need it,” Alex said. “I don't even know anyone here.”

A tipsy Vietnamese woman came up to Ian and grabbed his elbow. “You guys look like Christmas! I love it! You'll totally win best dressed this year.”

Ian shrugged and shook his fire engine red hair out of his hair. “I just really like Christmas, and since I had a date this year, I couldn't resist.”

Alex rolled his eyes and downed half of his drink.

More people arrived and gushed over Ian and Alex's “costume,” which Ian was taking far too much pride in, and Alex would have to do something about that later when they got home. Once most of the guests were there and Alex was working on his third drink, Ian grabbed Alex's arm and pulled him out of the main room and into a hallway.

“What are you doing?” Alex asked. Ian pointed up. “Mistletoe. That's really why I wanted you here. Because I love you and I wanted to kiss you under the mistletoe.”

“You dragged me to a work party so you could kiss me under a plant?”

“Well, yeah.”

Alex gently kissed Ian, who responded by grabbing the other boy's hips. Alex heard the click of a camera and pulled back from Ian. “Well. Merry Christmas then,” he smiled.