Status: Never Forget.

I'll Always Love You.

Chapter Three

“Hermione, I don’t see the big deal.”

“How can you not?”

Ginny sighed in annoyance and continued to pull her hair into a ponytail as the morning sun shined through the dormitory window. After seeing Malfoy last night, Hermione decided she needed to tell her best friend, hoping she’d feel as confused as she was. That obviously didn’t happen.

“Maybe he wants to start over.” Ginny mentioned while walking across the room to get her bag.

“Start over?” Hermione laughed from her bed, “You do realize who you’re talking about right?”

“Mione,” her best friend came and sat next to her with a small smile,” I know this is driving you insane with everything that has happened, but there is no reason to worry about it.”

Hermione opened her mouth to argue but Ginny raised her hand.

“If Professor McGonagall thought it wasn’t okay, then Malfoy wouldn’t be here and we need to trust her judgment,” Ginny squeezed her hand softly. “Stop making yourself crazy and let’s have a fabulous year okay?”

Hermione smiled, “Okay Gin.”

Her best friend grinned, thinking she had won the conversation, but Hermione couldn’t help but wonder what the hell he was doing here. She also had a nagging feeling whatever the reason was, it wasn’t a good one. Grabbing her things, Hermione followed the red head out their dorm and down the stairs to meet up with Neville and Dean.

“Good morning ladies,” Dean greeted and grabbed Ginny around the waist.

“Morning,” they answered at the same time.

“Sleep well Hermione?” Neville asked with a smile as everyone walked out of the tower.

“I did,” she answered and watched Dean whispered something in Ginny’s ear, making her giggle. “Are they dating?”

Neville shrugged as they came closer to the Great Hall, “I’m not sure. They’ve been flirty with each other for a while, but I always assumed Ginny had a thing for Harry.”

“You and me both,” Hermione laughed. “Can you tell her that I went to the library for a bit? I need to look up something before class.”

“Not a problem.”

“Thanks Neville,” Hermione waved goodbye and quickly jogged away.

Knowing the bell was going to ring soon, Hermione ran through the library doors, ignored the librarian’s glare and stopped abruptly in one of the rows. She grabbed the book she was looking for and sat down at the nearest table.

“It has to be in here somewhere,” she said to herself while flipping through the pages and smiled when she saw a paragraph on Rowena Ravenclaw’s Diadem,

Ravenclaw’s Diadem (also known as the Lost Diadem of Ravenclaw) was the only known relic once belonging to Rowena Ravenclaw, the founder of Ravenclaw House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Etched upon its surface was Ravenclaw’s famous quote: “Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” It was said to enhance the wisdom of its wearer, which is Ravenclaw House’s most treasured attribute. It has a blue sapphire shaped like an oval. The diadem was later stolen by her daughter, Helena, a fact Rowena kept a secret from the other founders till her death bed. It has not been seen since.

“So much for that idea,” Hermione growled and slammed the book in anger.

She knew it was a long shot, but Hermione hoped something in the library would help her to figure out where this stupid crown was. Then again, nothing was ever that easy nowadays. Feeling slightly defeated, she placed the book back in its spot and walked out of the library when the bell rang.

***

Running past students and ignoring the curses as she bumped into some, Hermione made it in time for Transfiguration. She spotted her best friend up ahead and walked over.

“I was wondering if you were going to make it or not,” Ginny said as she sat down.

Hermione blew out a breath, “So was I.”

Ginny laughed and opened her notebook, “Did you find what you were looking for?”

“I didn’t, unfortunately.”

“Anything I can help you with?”

“I’m sorry Gin,” Hermione began and looked at her with a sad smile, “it’s best if you didn’t know.”

Ginny nodded, but Hermione could tell it bothered her. It wasn’t like she was trying to keep secrets from all her friends, but if it meant they would be safe, she’ll keep doing it. Professor McGonagall walked towards the front of the class and started to teach about Human Transfigurations. Hermione, already knowing about this subject, let her eyes wonder around the room and stop upon a certain blond hair boy. He placed his chin on his hand from boredom and started to draw something in his notebook. Sighing, Draco dropped his pen to grab something out of his bag and it rolled off the table. He frowned, bent down to grab it and raised his eyes. Hermione snapped her head back, but not before catching a known smirk that crossed its way onto his lips.

Stupid , she thought to herself and shook her head, now he probably thinks you were ogling him.

After an hour the bell rang, signaling that class was over.

“Ready for Charms?” Ginny asked as they gathered their things.

“I'm always ready,” Hermione began and placed her bag over her shoulder, “Let's go.”

“Ms. Granger,” Professor McGonagall called from her desk, “Please stay for a moment. I’d like you to stay as well Mr. Malfoy.”

Ginny gave Hermione a confused look but she shrugged and made her way over.

“I would like to talk to the two of you about something,” McGonagall began as Malfoy came to stand beside her, “It has come to my knowledge that Mr. Malfoy here has had trouble with this class over the years.”

Draco snorted and crossed his arms in annoyance.

Giving him a disapproved look, McGonagall continued, “In order for him to pass, he’ll need a tutor."

Oh no, Hermione thought.

"That's where you come in, Mrs. Granger."
♠ ♠ ♠
Why hello! I know I've been kind of absent lately, and I'm sorry. School and work has been taking up most of my free time, so I haven't had the chance to write. Here is another chapter though :D This story hasn't had that many viewers and I'm hoping that will change if I keep updating, so I'm not going to stop. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea but I really want it to work because I'm in love with it. Anyway, I went through the first two chapters and changed some sentences around because they didn't make sense lol. Please read this story and I know I can't make you, but just give it a chance :)

Comment/Rate/Subscribe.

P.S. Give me your predictions on what's going to happen :)