Status: Never Forget.

I'll Always Love You.

Chapter Four

Hermione looked at Professor McGonagall in shock. She couldn’t be serious. After all the years that they hated each other, putting them together would be a disaster.

“Professor I don’t—“

“I know what you’re going to say Ms. Granger,” McGonagall interrupted and looked at her. “But you’re at the top of my class and are the only person who can help Mr. Malfoy.”

Hermione shook her head, “Surely there’s someone else.”

McGonagall smiled sadly, “I’m afraid not dear.”

Hermione sighed in defeat and brought her books closer to her chest as a comfort.

“When do we start?” Draco chimed in after a moment.

“As soon as possible,” McGonagall began and grabbed some papers to grade, “but I would like progress reports every week.”

They both nodded in agreement.

“You two may leave,” she said. “I don’t want my students late for their next class.”

Hermione turned and walked into the empty hallway. She wasn’t sure what McGonagall’s plan was by putting them together, but there had to be something. Whatever it was, Hermione didn’t like it. It’s not like she could complain about it because she didn’t want to be a whiney two year old. Hermione sighed once again and spotted Ginny standing outside the charm’s classroom. She’ll just have to pull through.

“Hey,” her friend greeted and looked at her with a curious expression. “What did Professor McGonagall want?”

Hermione leaned her shoulder against the wall, “She wants me to tutor Malfoy in Transfiguration.”

Ginny was silent for a moment then started to laugh.

“Why is that funny?” Hermione demanded in an angry tone.

Ginny whipped her eyes and gathered herself, “I’m sorry Mione, but you’ve been going on and on about Malfoy, and I find it ironic that you have to work with him.”

Suddenly, Hermione had a thought and grinned, “You’re brilliant Gin.”

She looked at her confused, “What?”

Hermione broke away from the wall and stood closer to the red head, “This is the perfect opportunity to find out the real reason why Malfoy is here.”

Ginny looked at her with disappointment, “That’s not what I mea—“

“Granger.”

Hermione turned around to find Draco Malfoy standing behind her.

“Yes?”

Draco crossed his arms in front of him, “Do you want to meet tomorrow night at 8:00 in the library?”

Hermione nodded without a word and stared at him with a confused expression. Why was he having an ordinary conversation with her and why didn’t he call her Mudblood? Hermione figured he’d just send her a letter saying when to meet, but she didn’t expect him to walk up to her and start talking. Something wasn’t adding up.

Draco looked at her like she had two heads for a moment then nodded towards Ginny, “Weasley.”

Ginny nodded back and watched him turn to walk away then glanced at Hermione, “That sure looks like someone who has a motive.”

“No need for the sarcastic tone Gin,” Hermione mentioned and continued to watch Draco until he disappeared around a corner.

“Sorry, but I just don’t see what you see Mione,” Ginny answered. “He looks kind of sad actually.”

“I’ll prove it to you,” Hermione said and moved in the same direction as the Slytherin.

“Hermione!” Ginny whispered harshly as her friend disappeared in the hallway.

Once she realized Hermione wasn’t coming back, Ginny shook her head and waited.

Hermione quickly walked through the halls and found Malfoy heading towards the dungeons. She ran the rest of the way and grabbed his shoulder roughly.

“What in the--“

“What is wrong with you?” Hermione interrupted with a bitter tone.

“I don’t know what you mean Granger.”

“That!” she hollered then sighed in aggravation and pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Are you alright?” Draco asked and continued to look her like she had a mental issue.

“No, I’m not alright,” she snapped and poked his chest in annoyance.

He had no right to ask if she was okay, because this was his fault. If Malfoy acted the way she remembered, then there wouldn’t be a problem, and Hermione wouldn’t be losing her mind.

“Did you just poke me?” Draco asked in bewilderment and rubbed the spot softly.

“You deserved it.”

“What are you talking about?” Draco almost laughed as he looked at the brown hair woman.

“Why are you calling me Granger?” Hermione shouted and took a step closer.

Draco retreated back, “Isn’t that your name?”

“Yes,” she rolled her eyes and glared. “But you have never called me that.”

Draco went to say something but Hermione cut him off, “It doesn’t matter because I’m going to find out what you’re really doing here. Mark my words Malfoy!”

Hermione stomped away without another word.

****

For the first time since he arrived, Draco Malfoy smirked as he watched Granger grab Weasley by the arm roughly and walk into their next class. He forgot how feisty she was and it was refreshing. He stood there for a moment then turned to make his way towards the dungeons. Draco could see where she was coming from because ever since last year, he wasn’t his usual cocky self. That moment when he failed to kill Dumbledore, his life changed and not for the better. His father and the Dark Lord saw him as a coward. His friends even stopped talking to him.

Draco whispered the password and walked into the empty common room. Granger wasn’t going to find anything though. He came back to Hogwarts because it was the only place he could go that felt like home. His house was overruled by Death Eaters and Draco was tired of the constant bickering behind his back and the wondering eyes.

Draco sat down on the couch and stared into the fire. He was surprised McGonagall allowed him to come back when he asked a couple of nights ago. Then again, Draco thought she just felt sorry for him.

A couple of fifth years came down from the girl’s dormitory without noticing him. Only when one of them turned to grab her book did they realize someone was watching them. For a brief moment everyone just stared at each other than the girl’s snickered.

“Look,” one began as she threw her blond hair behind her shoulder, “it’s the coward.”

“Such a shame,” another one said whose green eyes shown with coldness. “He was so good looking
too.”

The rest of the girls laughed then they walked out of the common room leaving it empty once more. Draco turned back to the fire and got lost in the flames. Did he expect to get away from all the insults? No, but at least these were people he could ignore.

Draco sighed and rubbed the tiredness from his eyes then looked around room. In that moment, he realized how lonely he was.

"Maybe it's for the best," he whispered to himself and got up to go to his bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's been two months since I last updated, and I'm sorry lol. I had writer's block with this story, but now I don't. So, there will be a lot more updates! :) I had to figure out how I wanted this story to progress, so I took some time. Anyway, did anyone else feel sad when reading Draco's POV? I know I did. I was also laughing during the argument, because I found it funny lol.

I hoped you liked it!

Rate/Comment/Subscribe :)

P.S. I want to thank the people who have subscribed so far (even though I don't know who you are.) It means a lot!

P.S.S. I went through chapter three and realized it didn't match up with this one in some ways. For instance, I saw that I ended the day right after the character's first class O.o. I also saw that I almost made them mention they were going to go eat again O.o. Needless to say, I fixed some things in that chapter lol. Now everything flows nicely :) Sorry for the confusion and I'm embarrassed that happened.