Status: Never Forget.

I'll Always Love You.

Chapter Five

Hermione woke up to the sound of tapping the next morning. Groaning, she removed the covers and shivered at the cold air as she opened the window to let the owl in. With a smile, Hermione feed him a treat from her nightstand and opened the letter.

Go to the girl’s bathroom.

Hermione turned the paper over to find a name, but frowned when she couldn’t find anything. Who would send her a letter? Especially so early in the morning. Suddenly, it dawned on her.

Harry and Ron, she thought and smiled.

“What do you mean go to the girl’s bathroom?” she whispered to herself quietly and sat on her bed.
“There’s nothing there but Moan—“

Hermione jumped up quickly and realized what they were trying to tell her. Moaning Myrtle was around when the diadem disappeared, and she might be able to tell her where it was last seen or who took it. With a grin, Hermione rushed around her belongings, got dressed in a matter of seconds and placed the letter in her pocket to burn it later. Turning to leave, she walked into the bed frame and stubbed her toe.

“Owe,” Hermione said loudly and grabbed her foot as Ginny covered her head with the blankets.

“Hermione,” she moaned. “Stop making so much noise.”

Hermione snorted, “I barely made any.”

Ginny took her pillow and threw it at her best friend then turned towards the wall to go back to sleep. Rolling her eyes, Hermione placed the pillow on her bed and left the dorm. Of course Moaning Myrtle would help. How come she didn’t think of that before? Hermione ran out of the common room and into the empty hallway. She was grateful her friends were able to send the information, but she was also scared on what would happen if they got caught. Hermione reached the second floor and found the entrance to girl’s lavatory.

Looking around, she forgot what this placed looked, and remembered when Harry first came here. He thought it was the gloomiest, most depressing bathroom in Hogwarts. Though, Hermione didn’t think it was so bad. Sure, the bathroom’s wooden cubicles were worn over the years and the stone sinks were chipped, but it was peaceful.

Hermione walked past one of the candle holders on the wall and further into the room, “Myrtle?”

The familiar sounds of her screams filled the room as Myrtle came from the far corner, “Oh, hello Hermione.”

“I’m sorry I haven’t been by to see you Myrtle,” Hermione mentioned and smiled. “Been quite busy lately.”

Myrtle remained quiet and continued to wonder around the room.

Hermione cleared her throat, “I wanted to ask you something.”

“Everyone always wants something from me,” Myrtle stated and stopped to float in front of Hermione. “No one comes to visit me anymore, except for Draco Malfoy.”

“Malfoy?” Hermione was confused.

Myrtle nodded and a dreamy look passed her features, “Ever since sixth year, his come to visit me sometimes just to chat.”

“Right,” Hermione couldn’t believe he’d talk to her, considering she was a muggle born and all, “Do you remember Ravenclaw’s Diadem?”

Myrtle nodded.

“Do you know where it is or who took it?”

“I have some information on it,” Myrtle began and grinned, “but I won’t give it to you.”

“Why not?” Hermione said with annoyance.

“Bring Draco Malfoy to me and I’ll tell you what you want to know,” she demanded and disappeared into the toilet.

Hermione growled and stomped out of the bathroom. That was easier said than done, and it looked like Harry wasn’t Myrtle’s only crush.

***

“So, where did you go earlier?” Ginny asked as she flipped through her essay.

After the encounter with Myrtle, Hermione ran into Ginny and they decided to spend the day together. It revolved around painting each other’s nails, catching up on the latest gossip and doing some homework until Hermione had to leave to tutor Malfoy.

“I had something to do,” Hermione stated and finished up her paper for Potions.

Ginny stared at her for a moment and went back to her essay without a word. Hermione could tell it bothered her best friend to not know what was going on.

“I’m sorry Gin,” Hermione looked at her and smiled sadly. “I wish I could tell you everything.”

“I know.”

Hermione sighed and look at the clock, “Listen I need to go, but we’ll talk later okay?”

Ginny nodded and didn’t look up as Hermione walked through the portrait door. It killed her not be able to tell Ginny, but it was for the best. She knew she’d understand eventually. Hermione strolled into the library to find it empty, except for the librarian. Looking at the clock, she sat at a desk and waited for Draco to arrive. After thirty minutes, she got fed up and decided to leave when she spotted the Slytherin walking towards her.

“You’re late,” Hermione mentioned as he sat in front of her.

Draco placed his arms on the table and grinned, “Would you believe me if I said I got lost?”

Hermione glared.

“I guess not.”

“Let’s just start.”

For the next hour or so, Hermione taught Draco different spells and was surprised on how good of a student he was. When he got up to leave, she knew she couldn’t put it off anymore.

“Listen,” she began and sighed in defeat. “I need you for something.”

“Is Granger asking me for help?” Draco smirked and leaned against the table. “I thought I’d never see the day.”

Hermione’s lips twitch and she continued, “I need you to come to Myrtle’s bathroom with me.”

Draco now looked confused, “What for?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“I won’t help you then.”

He turned to leave and Hermione grabbed his arm to stop him. He looked at her hand for a moment then at her face as she pulled it back quickly.

“Please.”

Hermione thought she’d never see the day where she had to beg for Draco Malfoy’s help. It unsettled her stomach for a moment, but if it meant helping Harry and Ron, then she’d just have to get over it.

Draco was silent for a moment then smirked, “What do I get out of it?”

Hermione raised an eyebrow in confusion, “What do you want?”

He leaned closer to the point where she could smell the mints on his breath, “Go on a date with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Malfoy wants a date? Ohhhhhhh, what's going to happen? :D Anyway, hoped you liked it! Thanks for people who are subscribing :)

Rate/Subscribe/Comment :)