Status: I haven't touched this story in a while, hopefully I'll get back to writing it.

Little Time Left

Chapter 5

“Jack, come here."

I looked up at Alex from my position at the stove. “What is it?”

“Just come. Hurry up!” he exclaims, coughing slightly. I quickly turned off the burner and rushed out to him in the living room. He was sitting on the carpet with his legs folded under him, leaning forwards slightly. His limp hair was falling in his eyes and I could see beads of sweat dripping down his neck.

“Lex? Are you al—”

“Shh!” Alex pointed to the radio and I realized he was listening. I sat beside him and pressed my lips together, straining to hear. Through the static, I managed to make out a few words.

“Alex, isn't this is an old report, from like, a month ago?”

“Shut up! You’re talking over it!” He swatted at me and I laughed at his impatience. I leaned closer to the radio and listened. The smile dropped off my face at what I heard next.

<i>“Government officials………vaccine………overseas …close to creat……”</i>

I sat up straight. “No way,” I breathed.

Alex nodded, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. “I might… I might actually live, Jack!”
♠ ♠ ♠
really short, i apologize
i am in the process of writing chapter six though so have this for now