Amaze Me

Fight

I see you walking through town with your precious smile and your face that still shines way too much to be human, I can see your eyes shinning in the sun's light. I just don't understand how you can be so happy after everything that happened. I just can't understand how your eyes can shine so bright after all the hurt that you had to suffer. After all the hurt that we caused to each other. I guess I'm the only one so deeply hurt in the end. I thought that I saw hurt in your eyes the night everything went down, I thought I saw tears shinning on your cheeks, but it probably was an on the moment thing, not like me, who did all the same things, but still is a whole year after, as heartbroken as I was the night you walked out of our house for what I think will be forever.

I thought that we promised to love each other no matter what, I thought that we promised to stand there and be there for the other in the times of need, I thought that we promised in front of god to love each other, always. But you gave up on us didn't you? This is why you're so far away and truly happy at this moment? Didn't you learn over the course of our days spent together that it won't be as bright as we wish it to be each days of our shared life, but at the end of the day, what matters is the one you go to sleep beside, the one that no matter how pissed you are at, you still curl up to at night because he is the only one giving you closure. The one that no matter what they do to you that you happen to don't like with strangers, you adore it when it's them. Like you Dan. I remember how when we started you couldn't stop telling me how much you hate people touching your neck, at first, I couldn't even touch your neck to bring you closer to me while we were kissing, but open I making an honest man out of you, you couldn't go past a day without letting me mark your neck. It was the only place with your ring finger that you allowed me to have in your public. And it was alright with me, it always was.

But you gave up fighting for you, you gave up fighting for me to make me shine standing by your side. Not that you ever tried that much. You never tried to let someone be aware of us, of the shining ball of love we were together. Because you were too afraid to let someone know that the person you love, well it's me and not just someone else, it's your best friend.

But that day, I had no idea that your smile was for a special reason. I just learned a couple of hours after that you decided to try, that you decided to try for real.

Who would have thought we would last through a separation like that? Who would bet on a couple that fades away like that and still loves each other that much?

I remember how our friends that knew about us would ask how I did to stay in love with me as much as I was when time would past? And I kept thinking that it was because to me, we were meant to be.

But today, we share the same bed again, but it's more than that, it's always been more than that, because each day you pick the pieces of me that go away and you glue me together by a simple touch. We share more than only a bed together, and we learned that the hard way over the years. Of course before being together we also knew that we shared the same passion, the same laughs, the same insanity. Being together just made it easier for us, because we were alike in so many ways, more than I can even start to count. But being apart, it made me realize that I shared my heart with you too, but it's not only that, because with my heart goes my joys, my passions, my love, my insanity, everything I ever was are buried inside of it, and you have it now.

I can't believe that you brought the sun back into my life. I thought that I lost you. But that day I saw you walking in the street, a couple of hours later, you knocked on the door of our once shared house and you simply showed me my ring and yours, and seeing that you still had them after all that time, it fixed everything.

The sign of you still makes all of my breath go away, you still make me feel numb and peaceful. I thought that this feeling of pure joy that took over my heart when I was by your side, would never come back, never. But we have a chance to fix everything, we have a chance to be together for real now, without any secrets to the world or without any constraints, we have a chance to be us in love, and to me nothing else matters more. Well the fact that you still thought of me after all of that time does, but I can't let you know that, not yet, I already lost you for so long that I can't pick a chance to lose you again. Not after loosing you because I wanted us to seem real. I wanted us to be real to our fans. They already suspected that we were a thing anyway. I thought you would be happy that I wanted to show the diamond I found to the world. But you left that night, you took my ring and you left me. You never came back before that day in town, the day you putted the pieces to my life back together.

Still to this day as I look at you peaceful living your life by my side, you still amaze me.