Headfirst For Halos

All night long

I was left alone sitting on my bed with half a bar of chocolate in my hand. I replayed the events in my mind, trying to make sense of it all. I wasn’t sure if I was dreaming or not. Something about the way he said that sentence scared me. I crawled out of my bed and quietly opened my door. It was dark and quiet. Everything was where it should’ve been. I glanced around cautiously before closing my door once again.

I did not sleep for the rest of the night. I couldn’t. I lay on my bed, reading or listening to my iPod. I was restless and no matter how hard I tired I just couldn’t fall asleep. As the hours slowly passed by, I was more and more convinced it couldn’t have been a dream. Unless I was dreaming then; but I would know if I was conscience or not, right? But then again, sometimes I don’t know I’m dreaming till I wake up and realize I was dreaming.

Trying to make sense of it all only made me more confused. Should I tell anyone? Will they believe me? How could no one have heard him while he was here? Questions buzzed my mind all night.

It was still dark outside when my phone alarm rang. It then occurred to me I had school. I was tired but not sleepy and so I forced myself to get ready.