Headfirst For Halos

"You have very interesting dreams."

It was 6:55 am as I got into the car. I was suspicious of my dad, for he hadn’t mentioned anything about last night. I decided to bring it up.
“I had a weird dream last night.” I broke the silence.
“Really? What about?” my dad asked as he pulled out of the drive way.
“Well, I had a dream that a vampire came through my window in the middle of night.”
“A Vampire? Was he thirsty?” he asked teasingly.
“No, he said he was bored. And then gave me half a chocolate bar!”
“He gave you chocolate? Must have been a nice vampire.”
“Yeah…and then he left. But it was so real! I didn’t think I was dreaming till I woke up.”
“That always happens.” He acknowledged. I knew at that point, he hadn’t heard anything.

After my dad dropped me off at school, I walked to the front to meet my friends as usual. I was still distracted thinking about Frank. I decided I would tell Anni. She was one of my best friends and I figured she could help me analyze the situation.

As I approached the group of people, Anni yelled at me.
“You were suppose to get here early!” she complained.
“Well sorry, I woke up late.”
“Then wake up earlier!” she scoffed at me. I rolled my eyes.
“Weren’t you gonna wear your fishnet things today?” she said, pointing out my black and purple Sleeping Beauty shirt underneath my hoodie.
“Oh yeah, I forgot!” I dropped my backpack on the ground and took off my hoodie, I threw it at Anni and dug through my back pack for my fishnet arm warmers.
“Tada!” I pulled them out and placed them on my hands and pulled then up to my elbows.
“Yay!” she applauded. I laughed. Anni was not very much into rock music. She did like some bands but she was not what you would consider ‘rocker’. But despite out great differences on fashion and clothes, she always supported my accessories and style choice. She was a mixed blend. Hardcore Cuban, with American culture and a liking for any cool shit nowadays. She was an awesome friend, so to say the least. Even when she wore Hollister and flat shoes and lip gloss and I wore fishnets and converse and eyeliner, we’d get along just great. It wasn’t all about appearance anymore.

They weren’t much separated clichés at our school; no one really hated anyone else because of what they wore or because of musical taste. People got along really well. That was the nice part. And I actually enjoyed high school. Hell of a lot better then Middle School.

As we stood outside the main entrance with all our other friends and people, I decided to tell her about Frank.

“You know I had a really weird dream last night.”
“Really? What was it about?” she asked curiously.
“About a vampire; his name was Frank and he came into my room in the middle of the night!”
“That’s creepy.”
“Yeah and he gave me chocolate!”
She laughed.
“Why’d he give you chocolate?”
“I don’t know! And then he disappeared.”
“You have very interesting dreams.”
“Really?” I said sarcastically.
“Yes!” she said.
The bell warning bell rang.
“What time is it?” she asked me. I flipped open my hot wheels watch.
“7:25.”
“I need to go to my locker.” She started walking inside, I followed her. I soon forgot about Frank in the crowded halls of the school.