Sequel: The New World 2
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World

Ch.1

Two Weeks Later

In two weeks they had formed a small group of survivors. Having sixteen adults, including Sabrina, Shane, and Lori. And having six kids, including Carl, Ana, and Ana's best friend Morgan. Time to break it down on who these people are.

Carol, Sophia, and Ed- Sophia is the daughter of Carol and Ed and is very shy. Carol is very soft spoken and does whatever she's told. Ed is an abusive prick, he yells at Carol and Sophia all the time. He puts his hands all over Carol and Sophia and Ed does nothing to help the group out.

Dale- Is like the father of the group. He's nice, gives advice on everything, watches for walkers on top of his RV.

Andrea and Amy- They are sisters, about twelve years apart. Andrea is nice but stern while her younger sister Amy nice but kind of timid.

Theodore A.K.A. T-Dog- He's one of the buffer guys in the group. He goes on what we like to call 'runs'. He can be clumsy sometimes. I remember the second day when the group was formed he accidentally tripped over a tree root and spilled a bucket of water on me. Shane was pissed but I laughed it off. T-Dog is like a big brother to the group.

Glenn- Glenn was our go to errand boy. He was very smart, bashful, gives his opinion but got nervous real easy.

The Moralas family- They were a sweet family and help out when they could. They also have two children, a boy and a girl.

Jim- He was a little weird and kind of mysterious. All we knew is that Jim used to be a mechanic.

Jacqui- She's the only survivor of her family. She's very sweet, helps out with the chores and kids.

Daryl and Merle Dixon- These two are brothers and are a handful. Merle was a mouthy, vulgar, racist, and rough guy. His younger brother Daryl was about the same way as Merle minus the racist part. They kept to themselves and went hunting for the group.

And that was their little group.

"We need to make another run into town." Shane said with a sigh sitting down by Sabrina in one of the metal gray folding chairs.

Sabrina stopped sewing a hole in Ana's baby blue dress and looked at him. "I'm not going. I went last time with you and Glenn."

"I know that Rina. I was just running it by you. I was thinking Glenn, Andrea, T-Dog, Jacqui, and Merle."

"What 'bout me?" Came an aggressive voice and footsteps.

"We need to go on another run into town and you're going with Glenn, Andrea, T-Dog, and Jacqui." Shane said as a command and not a question.

"The hell I'm goin' with a China boy and two ni-"

"Watch your mouth Merle." Sabrina growled over at Merle with a glare.

"Easy there broken goods."

Sabrina was up and punched Merle straight in the jaw so fast no one knew what was going on. She was about to land another punch but Shane grabbed her waist tightly and started dragging her away.

"Calm down Rina!"

"Don't tell to to calm down! That dick doesn't know anything about me and yet he wants to say that to me!" She yelled with tears of anger stinging her eyes.

"Rina, you've got to calm down. You don't want Ana to see you like this do you?" He whispered softly in her ear.

She started to calm down as she heard Merle yell, "Let's go China boy an' you two. B'fore I beat this broken goods bitch in the ground."

Her anger started boiling again and she felt Shane's grip around her waist tighten again. "I'm going down to the quarry."

Shane let go of Sabrina reluctantly. As soon as he let go she started to the quarry. When she got there the kids were playing in the water.

"What happened?" Lori asked as soon as Sabrina sat down on a rock next to her.

"Merle."

"What did he do this time?"

"He called me broken goods." She mumbled as she brought her knees up to her chest, putting her chin on her knees.

Lori looked at her sadly and said softly. "I'm sorry Sabrina."

"Don't be. He might want to think twice though before saying again. I finally punched him square in the jaw."

"And he didn't do anything?" Lori asked stunned.

"I think he was shocked that I finally punched him for saying that to me."

Sabrina watched the kids playing in the water until something caught her eye to the right. Daryl was a little way down splashing water on his face.

I don't think I've ever seen him close to water before.

Daryl started back up to the camp with his crossbow slung over his shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Lori asked as he passed the women.

"Huntin'. Do ya wanna eat t'night?" He said roughly as he kept walking.

"I can't believe we accepted the Dixon's into the group," Lori said. "Kids. Come on it's time to start doing some cleaning."

"I'll be up in a bit to help out. I need some cooling down time."

"Take your time," Lori said resting a hand on Sabrina's shoulder.

The kids got out of the water and started up the incline. Sabrina spent 20 minutes by herself down there. She suddenly fell into the water. When she resurfaced Shane was standing there laughing his ass off.

"Real funny Shane."

"I had to do it after I got an ear full of from the younger redneck."

She got out of the water and started walking up the incline with water dripping off of her. When she got back Amy looked at her concerned. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. She just tripped over a rock and fell into the water." Shane said smirking.

Sabrina flipped him off and headed to her tent to change. Everything was nice and calm. The kids were playing go fish, Dale was on top of the RV on look-out, Sabrina, Carol, and Lori finished putting clothes on the clothes line. Shane cleaning his gun, Ed was sitting in his lawn chair smoking and drinking watching Carol's every move, and Amy was just coming out of the RV.

"Hello. Hello. Can anybody hear my voice?"

What was that?

Sabrina started looking at everyone to see if they heard that voice and they had the same expression. Amy went to the old CB radio and picked up the walkie piece.

"Hey. Hello?"

"Can you hear my voice?" The guy on the end asked.

"Yes. I can hear you, you're coming through. Over."

"If anybody reads, please respond. Broadcasting on emergency channel. Will be approaching Atlanta on Highway 85. If anybody reads please respond."

They quickly made there way over to Amy.

"We're just outside the city."

"Amy, he can't hear you," Sabrina said looking at her. "Shane you know more about this stuff, see if you can get a response," She said looking at him.

Amy moved over and Shane took over.

"Hello. Hello. Is the person who called still on the air?...This is Officer Shane Walsh broadcasting to person unknown. Please respond... He's gone."

"There's others. It's not just us," Lori said.

"We knew there would be, right? That's why we left the CB on." Shane said to Lori.

"A lot of good it's been doing. All week I've been saying we ought to put signs up on 85 and warn people away from the city." Lori said.

"Folks don't have any idea what there getting into." Amy added with tears in her eyes.

"Well, we haven't had time."

"I think we need to make time."

"Yeah, that uh... that's not a luxury we can't afford. We are surviving here. We are day to day."

"I'll go. Give me a vehicle."

"Lori half of the group is already gone. If something happens to you, Carl is without a mother." Sabrina said matter of factly.

"Thank you Rina. Nobody goes alone, you know that."

"Yes sir." Lori said and walked away pissed off.

Carl went to follow her but Shane stopped him.

"Hey, hey, hey. Go on, take a seat, bud. You're alright. Go on. You're alright. Rina can you watch him for a minute?"

"Sure."

Shane went after Lori. Sabrina wasn't stupid she knew something was going on between those two but couldn't really put her finger on it. Morgan went up to Carl and asked, "Do you want to play a card game?"

"I guess. But no go fish, I'm tired of it," Carl said with a sigh.

"Um...We could play 21 or war," Morgan suggested. They went into the shade to play cards.

"What do you thinks going on between them?" Amy asked Sabrina.

"Who?"

"Morgan and Carl. They hang out with each other more than they hang out with the other kids."

Come to think of it those two have been hanging out more with each other than the others. Sabrina saw Ana go to them and start playing with them.

"Maybe Morgan and Carl have a little crush on each other." She suggested looking at Amy.

"Who's got a crush on who?"

Turning around Sabrina saw Shane behind her. "We were talking about Morgan and Carl..." She turned back to the kids and saw that Carl was gone. "Where'd he go?"

"He went to Lori. Now what about Morgan and Carl?"

"Well we think they have a little crush on each other." She finished.

"Oh." Shane said with some relief.

Amy left Sabrina and Shane to talk.

"Who did you think I was talking about?" She asked curiously.

"Nobody." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Liar. I hope you weren't thinking it was me and you."

Sabrina went to the shade and sat down as Lori and Carl came back from the tents. Shane sat down next to her.

"So you're telling me you don't like me?"

"I never said that. I said I don't have a crush on you. I like you as a friend that's it Shane."

"If you say so."

"Well. I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up in a few hours?"

"Sure."

Sabrina went to hers and Ana's tent with her daughter trailing right behind her.

"Ana you're momma wants to take a nap."

"She's fine Shane." Sabrina called over her shoulder.

Once Sabrina and Ana got in the tent they laid down. Ana snuggled into her mom and they fell asleep quickly.