Sequel: The New World 2
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World

Ch.4

"Merle first or the guns?" Rick said as soon as all of them got out of the box truck and on the other side of the chain length fence.

"Merle. We ain't havin' this conversation." Daryl said.

"We are. You know the geography, so it's your call." Rick said to Glenn.

"Merle's closest. The guns would mean doubling back. Merle first." Glen explained as they jogged to the building.

The gang took out a few walkers before making it into the building. They entered into the clothing area of the department store and Rick pointed to a female walker. Daryl went to her carefully and said before shooting her in the head. "Damn. You are one ugly skank."

When Daryl took his arrow out of her head he went to the stairs and everyone followed. T-Dog cut the chain and Daryl bust through the door.

"Merle! Merle!"

"Where is he?" Sabrina asked Rick.

They looked around on the roof and nobody was handcuffed to the roof. The only things that remained were the handcuffs and a sawed off hand.

"No! No! No!" Daryl said on the verge of tears.

Daryl, She thought sadly.

She knew what it was like to lose someone you love. Sabrina's grandmother was always there for her when she needed her. Sabrina could tell her things that she couldn't even tell her own parents. She was closer to her grandmother than she was to her parents. But then her grandmother suddenly past away, come to find out Sabrina's mother killed her own mom and got away with it. Once Daryl stopped crying he held up his crossbow towards T-Dog and Rick immediately took the safety off his gun and aimed it at Daryl.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick threatened.

Daryl didn't back down.

"Daryl, please lower it. Killing someone isn't going to solve anything. We need to work together whether you like it or not." She said softly.

He slowly put the crossbow down and Rick lowered his weapon. "Ya gotta do-rag or somin'?" Daryl asked calming down.

T-Dog pulled out a bandana and handed it over to Daryl. Daryl took it and wrapped Merle's hand in it.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuff. Ain't that a bitch."

"Where are you planning on putting that?" She asked curiously.

He walked straight to Glenn and put it in the back and went back to the pool of blood. Glenn looked like he was getting ready to vomit.

"He must 'ave used a tourniuet-maybe his belt. Be much more blood if he didn't." Daryl said getting into tracking mode.

Sabrina, Rick and Glenn slowly followed him while T-Dog picked up Dale's tools. Upon entering the building again she pulled out her knife while Rick pulled his gun back out and Daryl raised his crossbow. They headed down the stairs slowly and carefully.

"Merle! You in here!?"

"Do you really want to be attracting walkers?" Sabrina hissed which earned a glare in return from Daryl. "All I'm saying is keep your voice down so we're not mobbed by twenty of them."

She started to walk past him but he grabbed her arm roughly. Rick was about to raise his gun but Sabrina held up her free hand to tell him no.

"You stay behind me. Don't wanna 'ear your girls cryin' 'bout how ya didn't come back." He then pulled her behind him roughly while walking into an office area. "'Sides I got more accuracy than you." And with that he shot another female walker in the head.

"Had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches one handed. Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother." Daryl said pulling his arrow out of the walker. "Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails." He said walking to the next room.

"Are you sure? Because when I hit him square in the jaw he didn't do anything."

"You hit Merle?" T-Dog asked shocked.

"Yeah. He had it coming to him."

"So you decked my brother?" Daryl looked Sabrina over. "Never thought a barely five foot one inch liddle girl would 'ave the balls to do that 'nd not get knocked out by Merle."

Sabrina growled and marched up to him with her knife ready to slit his throat.

"Now you listen to me Daryl if someone keeps calling you names and talking shit about you what happens? Wham, you get socked in the jaw. And secondly I'm five foot three, do not call me short again or you will be taken your last breath." She threatened with a glare as Daryl just smirked at her.

"Sabrina, we have other matters to attend to. So can we take the knife away from his neck and focus." Rick asked slowly then turned to Daryl and said, "Any man can pass out from blood loss."

Sabrina huffed backing away from Daryl. Daryl started his hunt again. "Merle!" He yelled when he entered another room.

"We're not alone here. Remember?"

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself."

When the group entered a room that looked like a kitchen there was blood on the oven handle and blue flames coming from on top of the stove.

"What's that burned stuff?" Glenn asked as Rick picked up a concrete smoother.

Sabrina examined it and almost threw up.

"Skin. He cauterized his stump." Rick answered.

"Told ya he was tough. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle."

"Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood." Rick countered.

"Yeah? Didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap."

"He left the building? Why the hell would he do that?" Glenn asked shocked as they were examining the broken window.

"Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's gotta do. Surviving."

"You call that surviving? Just wondering out in the streets, maybe passing out? What are his odds out there?" T-Dog asked.

"No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks." Daryl said to T-Dog and Glenn then turned to Rick and practically got chest to chest with him. "You couldn't kill him. Ain't so worried 'bout some dead bastard."

"What about a thousand dead bastards? Different story?"

"Why don't you take a tally? Do what you want. I'm gonna go get him."

Sabrina just stood on the sidelines watching the alpha male match between Daryl and Rick.

I don't know who's worse Daryl or Shane?

"Daryl, wait."

"Get your hands off me! You can't stop me!"

"Somebody needs to do something." Glenn whispered to her.

"There's no point in trying to get involved with a match like this Glenn." She whispered back to him.

"What match?"

"To see which guy is more dominant." Sabrina whispered while watching them.

Turns out Rick won the argument.

Thank you Rick for having negotiating skills.

"I'm not strolling through the streets with good intentions ok? We need thoughs guns." T-Dog said.

"Ok. I'll go get them and come right back." Glenn stated while sitting on the floor.

"You're not doing this alone." Rick said while he stood.

"Glenn, that's the worst idea I've ever heard." She said looking at him while a was sitting on a desk across from Daryl.

"Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like you much." Daryl said while leaning on a small filing cabinet.

"It's a good idea, ok, if you just hear me out. If we go out there in a group, we're slow, drawing attention. If I'm alone, I can move fast. Look." Glenn said pointing to the little diagram he made with office supplies. Rick leaned down to take a closer look. "That's the tank, five blocks from where we are now. That's the bag of guns. Here's the alley I dragged you into when we first met. That's where Daryl and I will go."

"Why me? Why not shorty over there?" Daryl asked smirking at Sabrina while she clenched her jaw tightly.

"Your crossbow is quieter than his gun and faster than stabbing a walker. While Daryl waits here in the alley, I run up the street, grab the bag."

"You got us else where?"

"You, Sabrina and T-Dog, right. You three will be in this alley here."

"Two blocks away? Why?"

"I may not be able to come back the same way. Walkers might cut me off. If that happens, I won't go back to Daryl. I'll go forward instead, all the way around to that alley where you guys are. Which ever direction I go I got you in both places to cover me. Afterwards, we'll all meet back here."

"Hey kid, what'd ya do for all this?" Daryl asked curiously.

"Deliver pizzas. Why?"

"No reason."

"Ok. Let's get this show on the road." She said sliding off the desk.

Rick, T-Dog, and Sabrina made their way quickly, carefully, and quietly to their destination.

What the hell?

"Sabrina! Get back here!" Rick hissed at her.

Sabrina made her way to where Glenn and Daryl were stationed at.

"Shut up." Daryl hissed at the young guy.

"You might want to do what he says." She said with her knife on the back of the guys neck.

"What'd are ya doin'?"

"I saw him so I had to find out what was going on."

"I don't need yer help. Answer me boy."

"Ayudame!"

Sabrina jumped back quickly when Daryl hit the kid with his crossbow.

"Watch where you're swinging that thing."

"Don't be in the way then. Now both of ya shut up." Daryl put his hand over the guys mouth and she leaned down and started pulling on Daryl's arm.

"You're going to suffocate him. Let him go."

"Will ya just back off."

Before Sabrina could register on what was going on she was pushed out of the way by some guy in a gray shirt while another guy in a plaid shirt was kicking the crap out of Daryl.

"Don't move or I'll smash your head in." The guy in the gray shirt said pointing a metal baseball bat at Sabrina.

She turned her head and saw Glenn. She started shaking her head but it was to late. The guy in the plaid started going after Glenn and the other took Sabrina's arm and hoisted her up making her drop her knife. Once they reached Glenn the guy in the plaid started screaming in pain. She looked and there was one of Daryl's arrows in his ass. Sabrina started chuckling and in return got a smack across the face. A car pulled up that's when Glenn and Sabrina went nuts.

"Daryl! Daryl!"

"Daryl help!"

Sabrina and Glenn got pushed into the car and the driver took off once the other gang members got in.

This isn't going to end well.