Sequel: The New World 2
Status: Re-edited. Complete. Sequal up. :)

The New World

Ch.5

After Sabrina and Glenn had to explain things to the 'head' macho named Guillermo the gang turned out to be pretty nice. Come to find out the nurses that were working for the nursing home left and left the elderly for dead. The other reason why they were at the nursing home was because Filipe's grandmother was there and Felipe's a nurse.

"So Sabrina, you got anyone in your life?" Guillermo asked.

"That's pretty bold, don't you think? But yes I do."

"Who?"

"My daughter. She's the only person in my life and will be the only one." She said, which was half true. She wanted a certain redneck to be in her life too.

"Guillermo, they're here." One of the group members said.

"Can you do some acting?" He asked her and Glenn.

"I guess." Sabrina said hesitantly.

Guillermo motioned one of the group members to Sabrina and Glenn then they headed up to the roof.

"I'm not going to hurt you, it's just for show." The guy said with a roll of duct tape in his hand.

He made Sabrina and Glenn put their hands behind their backs so he could tape them up. They made it to the roof and when she looked over the edge and saw Rick, Daryl and Miguel. When Guillermo pointed to Glenn and Sabrina, Rick and the gang looked up.

"Da- Guys help!" Sabrina said struggling against the guys hold.

The gang left again and the guy took the tape off of Glenn and Sabrina, then went back into the building. "Why'd you struggle?" The guy asked.

"You wanted to make it believable right?"

"True." He said then walked away with Glenn and Sabrina behind him.

"Daryl huh?"

"What about him?" She asked Glenn confused.

"You almost said his name back there. You like him or something. I mean that's fine, I'll keep it a secret."

"Glenn, you're starting to ramble. And I might maybe have a little crush on him. But don't say anything ok?"

"It's safe with me."

About an hour passed and Sabrina was bored, she played with the three 'vicious-man eating' teacup-sized chihuahuas until one of the elderly started having an asthma attack.

"I need a little paper bag or an inhaler." She said kneeling down in front of the old man.

Filipe brought an inhaler and helped the guy out. Once that was taking care of Filipe asked, "How'd you know he was going into an asthma attack?"

"I was a nurse intern before the world went upside down."

When Sabrina stood up and turned around she came face to face with Rick, T-Dog, and Daryl.

"We thought you two were being eaten by dogs." T-Dog said.

"You mean Lola, Lulu, and Papi over there?" She asked pointing in the corner with a smirk. "Yeah, they're vicious-man eating beasts."

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Rick asked Guillermo while pushing him to the side.

"Ya were playin' with dogs?" Daryl asked still looking at the three dogs that were barking and growling at him.

"Yeah." She said slowly. "They're really sweet, I guess they don't like you that much. Lola, Lulu, Papi, *tranquilo." (quiet)

The dogs stopped.

"You know Spanish to?" T-Dog asked.

"Very little. I can only count to ten, say hello and goodbye in Spanish. Filipe kept telling the dogs to do that and I caught on real quick that it means quiet."

Rick whistled and motioned Sabrina, Glenn, T-Dog and Daryl to follow and they did. They entered a little office to discuss about guns.

"What about the rest of your crew?" Rick asked.

"The vatos trickle in to check on their parents, their grandparents. They see how things are and most decide to stay. It's a good thing to. We need the muscle. The people we've encountered since things fell apart, the worst kind-plunderers, the kind that take by force."

"That's not who we are."

"How was I to know? My people got attacked and you show up with Miguel hostage-appearances."

"Guess the world changed." T-Dog said.

"No. It's the same as it ever was. The weak get taken. So we do what we can here. The vatos work on those cars, talk about getting the old people out of the city. But most can't even get to the bathroom by themselves, so that's just a dream. Still, it keeps the crew busy, and that's worth something. So we barred all the windows, welded all the doors shut except for one entrance. The vatos they go out, scavenger what they can to keep us going. We watch the perimeter night and day and we wait. The people here, they all look up to me now. I don't even know why."

"Because they can." Rick said and handed a rifle over to Guillermo.

"And because they know that you'll do everything you can to protect them." Sabrina added.

Once the trade was over Rick, Glenn, T-Dog, Sabrina and Daryl left.

"Admit it, you came back to Atlanta for the hat." Glenn said making Sabrina chuckle.

"Don't tell anybody."

"You've given away half our guns and ammo."

"Not nearly half."

"For what? Bunch of ol' farts who are gonna die off momentarily any how? Seriously, how long ya think they got?"

"How long do any of us?" Rick questioned back at Daryl.

"Um guys...Where's the truck?" She asked.

"Who the hell would take it?" Glenn asked slightly panicked.

"Merle." Rick said.

That's not good.

"He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp."

"Well what do we do now?" T-Dog asked.

"Take another vehicle. There's plenty around." Sabrina said. And with that Daryl found a small car and hot wired it.

"Looks like there's enough ta get us outta the city." Daryl said checking the gas level.

"Let's go." Rick said.

The others climbed in and they took off back to the campsite quickly. About a mile out of the city limits the car ran out of gas so they had to walk the rest of the way while it was starting to get darker and darker.

"We need to hurry, there's no telling what's lurking out here." Sabrina panted out because they started jogging.

"I thought nurses were s'possed ta be fit." Daryl commented.

"No. They just need to know what they're doing." She said looking at Daryl then to Rick with worry.

"What's wrong Rina?"

"Something's not right."

"What do you mean?" T-Dog asked.

"What's wrong?" Glenn asked as the group stopped.

"We've got to get to the camp now. I've got a bad feeling." She said and took off in a mad dash to get to the camp with the others close behind.

"Shorty hol' on! Ya can't jus' go on feelins'."

"Daryl, this isn't up for debate. Some women that have kids get this sixth sense that something is wrong and I'm getting it right now!"

Once they were close enough to the camp they heard the chaos. Guns, screams of children and adults, and the worst sound of all, the growling of walkers.

ANA, Sabrina thought worriedly.

They went into the wooded area to hide to get their weapons ready.

"Here." Rick said to me while handing over a gun. "The safety's off."

A millisecond later Rick, T-Dog, Daryl, Glenn and Sabrina emerged from the woods shooting down the walkers. The gunshots started to die down and Sabrina looked around frantically.

"ANA! MORGAN! GIRLS ANSWER ME!"

"MOMMY!"

Ana jumped out of the RV and ran to her mother. Sabrina kneeled down to the ground and hugged Ana as tightly as she could without hurting her and shaking.

"I'm so sorry baby, I should've been here." Sabrina cried.

"They got her. They got Morgan." Ana cried.

"Oh baby." Sabrina picked her daughter up and looked around the campsite. She saw Andrea crying over a body, getting a little closer she found out it was Amy.

No! Those things got Amy too!

Sabrina took Ana back into the RV and laid her down on the small couch.

"Baby, I've got to help the oth-"

"No!"

"It's ok sweetie, I'll be right out there. I'll be here when you wake up, I promise you that."

"Can you sing to me?"

"Sure."

Sabrina started humming and Ana soon fell asleep. She put a blanket over Ana then left the RV. Shane came up to her and asked, "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure."

The two of them went a little ways away from the group. Shane put his hands on his hips and said, "I told you not to go-"

"Are you saying that this is my fault!? Whether you want to hear this or not, it's nobody's fault for what just happened. Yes I should've been here for Ana but somebody decided to steal the truck as you can see. So don't you be blaming me for this!"

"I'm not blaming you. But you should've been here, Ana was scared out of her damn mind."

"And you think I wasn't when I heard everything that was going on? We can talk about this later Shane, we've got work to do."

Sabrina started walking past him but Shane caught her wrist and pulled her into his chest.

"You know how scared I was Rina? I kept thinking something bad was gonna happen to you."

"Shane..." She sighed, "I was fine, I had Rick, Glen, T-Dog and Daryl there."

"That redneck wouldn't have saved your life. Hell if it came down to just you and him to re-populate the world it wouldn't happen."

Sabrina don't know why but she got a little angry at that. Sure Daryl was rough around the edges but there had to be a reason for it right?

"Can we just get the camp cleaned up a little before the kids get back up? Please?"

"Sure."

Shane let her go and they headed back to the others. They went back to the group in time to hear Jim say, "I remember my dream now, why I dug those holes."

Sabrina looked at Shane for an explanation and he shook his head a little meaning not right now.

This is going to be a very long and painful night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lullaby:
Make A Wish