Status: Active/Ongoing - feedback appreciated

Fear.

Dream World.

Turning my engine off, I climbed out the car looking at my surroundings. The whole area looked like a war zone, fires burning, people lying on the ground with bullet holes in them, blood splatters everywhere. Curiosity took over my boy, my heart started pounding against my chest as I took a few cautious steps forward. "Hello....?" I called out. Silence greeted me.

A dragging noise can from behind me, turning my entire body I squinted to try and see something amoung the mounds of mess and fire that had taken over this part of the city. A low growl came with the noise as it came into focus. My eyes widened at the sight, the scream I had stuck in my throat as my body seemed to be paralyzed to the spot I stood. The thing in front of me edging closer and closer, it seemed to stop in front of me, faces inches apart. With a sly smirk, it shoved me to the ground leaning over me, snarling in my face as I squirmed underneath it before it's vicious mouth took over my neck.

I found it. My voice, a scream erupted from my lips as I tried to fight back as it devoured my neck.


Image


My eyes fluttered open as I stared at the night sky. The stars shining brightly, the moon not so much. The branches that looked down on me bare, they seemed to shake with fear as the air was the settled. I got myself stood up, looking around. I listened carefully as I scanned the area. Nothing in sight. No sounds could be heard. It looked like a wasteland.

I turned on the spot as I heard footsteps behind me. Without a second thought, I started running. I didn't want to be here, I had to find civilization and fast. Something was out to get me and if it did, it would surely kill me. I saw someone in front of me, just the outline. It was almost as if they weren't really there but they had to be, I could see them. "Hey...Hey...I need help!" my voice yelled, echoing through the silence.

The figure slowly turned to face me, my fear hit me like a ton of bricks as my jaw dropped, my hand covering my mouth as the tears pricked my eyes threatening to spill. "Mom..." I whispered into my hand. Her arm raised, the silver gun in her hand. "Mom, no. Please, don't do this...." I begged, as her arm stretched out, pointing the gun at me.

"I'm sorry baby, you're killing everyone." Not a tinge of upset in her voice. I shook my head, my whole body trembled with fear. I took a step back, watching her movements as she walked towards me with a sly smirk on her face. I found myself backing away more and more, my back colliding with something. Two arms wrapping round me, trapping me. My mouth opened to scream, nothing came out. The mouth of my mother moved, but no sound came out. The leaves beneath her feet as she walked didn't make a sound, everything just became deadly silent, as she came face to face with me. I shook my head, my tears now warming my face.

Her mouth inches from my ear. "Don't scream." she whispered. I heard it. Where did all the sound go? Her lips still moved as the thing behind me grabbed my head holding it deadly still. Her ice cold lips, pressed against my forehead. The coldness of the gun pressed against the underneath of my chin. The ice cold stare from my mothers glazed eyes, the smirk returning as she pulled the trigger.

My nightmare was over as my body fell to the floor, a pool of blood beginning to settle round me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I managed to put together a quick insight into the mind of the main character. The chapter's won't always be this short. This isn't the best chapter I've written, I tried to put a dream into words and this, well this was the outcome.

Leave me some feedback, good or bad. I'd like to know what I can improve on etc.
If you like this so far, don't be afraid to recommend. I'm proud of this so far and would love to get it out there.

Thank you so much, I'll try to update as soon as possible.

Charlie x