Status: slow updates

It's You

The Love Club

October 2, 2000

"I joined the club and it's all on
There are fights for being my best friend
And the girls get their claws out
There's something about hanging out with the wicked kids
Take the pill make it too ill
The other day I forgot my old address
I'm sitting pretty on the throne
There's nothing more I want
Except to be alone"
-The Love Club
Lorde

I walked in the front doors and I looked around to see no one I recognized. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, though. This was a new school, a new town, a new beginning.

"Whoa. Are you Aria Rose? The singer?" A girl about the same age as me asked.

Great. Five seconds here and I've already been recognized.

I smiled nicely. "Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you. What's your name?"

"Brooke Ash. Grade 10 Student Council Rep. Are you a new student here?"

"Yup. Would you mind showing me around?"

She led me around the school making sure that I knew exactly where my classes were and the fastest route to take. Thankfully we had the same schedule so I wouldn't be alone. First period, the dreadful French with Mme. Fournier.

"Good morning, class. I'm just going to speaking in English for a moment. We have a new student to the class, Aria Rose. And before you ask, yes she is the Aria Rose, the singer."

I rolled my eyes. Of course she would say that.

"I expect you all to treat her as you would treat any new student, ok? D'accord. Ouvrez votres livres a la page cent trente huit."

Even though I ignored the whispers and stares and tried to focus on the conjugation of avoir, there was just no way. Thunder Bay was a small town compared to Toronto, where I moved from yet I was still the outcast, the new girl. This is grade 10 and it was already a month into the first semester. Everyone already has their own group of friends.

"Hey. Do you want to be partners?" A blonde haired girl next to me asked.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Um what exactly are we partners for? I kinda zoned out there." I asked, embarrassed.

She laughed. "We have to write a short story using -er verbs. I know what you mean, you can only hear so much before you get bored. I'm Alison, by the way."

"Alison! En francais!" Mme. Fournier exclaimed.

"French teachers. So dramatic." Alison rolled her eyes.

We worked together on our story and Alison ignored the fact that I was Aria Rose for the most part, which I was grateful for and I found myself to like her. Her sarcastic and snarky comments she made with her friends around her made it easy to joke around with her. Before I knew it, the bell rang.

"Well it was nice meeting you, Aria. See you around!" Alison quickly said, before leaving with her friends.

I waved goodbye. Yet again, I was alone. I looked around trying to find Brooke, but no luck. Thankfully math was just across the hall.

"Aria! I'm so sorry I left without you!" Brooke said, right when I walked into the room.

"Brooke, would you like to introduce your new friend?" The person beside her asked before I could answer.

"Right. Um Courtney, this is Aria. Aria this is Courtney." Brooke said, uncomfortably.

"Hi Aria. You should sit with us at lunch." She smiled at me, which gave me goosebumps. Something about this girl didn't seem right. I smiled back, politely and took the only empty seat next to a boy, his nose in his math textbook.

He looked up at me with a surprised and shocked look on his face.

"Oh, uh, um, I'm Michael and you’re really pretty.” He blushed quickly.

“Oh, thanks. I’m Aria.”

“I know.” He said, before returning to reading his textbook.

Math ended quickly and Michael didn’t talk to me for the rest of class. I tried to catch up with Brooke before she could leave me but ended up tripping on my feet and falling on face.

“Whoa. You okay?” A voice asked.

I looked up to see a blonde boy holding my books I dropped and holding a hand out to help me up. I took it and realized he was extremely tall. I was 5’9’ which was pretty tall for a 15 year old but he was at least a few inches taller than me.

“I’m Eric. Eric Staal.”

“Aria. Aria Rose.”

“Well it was nice to meet you Aria Rose. Hope you’re not too hurt.” He said, handing my books before heading off.

I headed to the cafeteria without falling and looked around for Brooke. I found her at the other end of the cafeteria and started to make my way to her but was cut off by someone.

“So it’s true. Aria Rose is really here at our school.” The boy said. He definitely wasn’t in my grade, he looked older, taller, hotter, and more muscular too.

“So it’s true. People gossip at school.” I replied, rolling my eyes and continued to make my way to Brooke.

“Ooh, you’re a feisty one. Well if you want, you can sit with my friends and I.”

“Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t sit with losers.”

I walked away before he could say anything else and sat down next to Brooke.

“Hey, can I sit here? Well, it’s too late I already did.” I pulled out my lunch and began munching away.

“Geez what got up your ass?” Brooke asked.

“Maybe it’s because she’s sitting with so-called ‘losers’.” I turned around quickly. It was the guy I was just talking to. He sat down across from me, smirking.

“Oh, I get what’s up your ass. Patrick fuck off.” Brooke flipped him off.

“Calm down, Brookie. I was just introducing myself to the new girl.” He said, and then turned to me. “I’m Patrick Sharp. Hottest guy you’ll ever meet.”

Brooke rolled her eyes. “You wish, pig. Anyways, Aria, Patrick’s in grade 12. He plays hockey with my brother. Just keep ignoring him and you’ll be just fine.”

“Aria! My best friend! I thought you were sitting with us!” I turned to see Courtney standing right behind me.

“Ahem. Actually she’s my best friend. We wrote the best story in French today. Isn’t that right, Aria. You should sit with us!” Alison cried, from a few tables down.

“Oh, fuck off. She’s already sitting here.” Patrick said and both girls reluctantly backed off.

“Thanks.” I mumbled.

“What was that? I didn’t quite catch that.” He said, smirking again.

“Oh wipe that smirk off your face. I said thanks.” I said, getting in his face.

He leaned in and pecked me, catching me off guard. “You’re welcome.” He stood up and walked away.

“Whoa. What the hell just happened?” Brooke asked, looking as confused as I was. “That was hot though, the way you guys were totally fighting and then he kissed you. Ok, I’m not sure if I should be excited or grossed out.”

“He seems like a douche.” I said, before I could stop myself.

Brooke laughed. “He is. So one of my brother’s friend is throwing this Halloween part. You in?”

“Me? You sure? I don’t even know him.”

“You’re Aria Rose. I’m sure no one would mind.”

"Yeah, you should come, Aria." Said another voice from behind me. "I'm Kaitlyn, Patrick's friend." She held out her hand to shake. I took it and she shook it harder than necessary while glaring at me. She turned away and she walked quickly to Patrick, hugging him from behind and whispered something in his ear.

"She seems, uhh.." I trailed off, not being able to think of a word to describe her.

"Crazy? Yeah, she is. She is not so secretly in love with Patrick but you know him, not a one girl type of guy." Brooke explained. "She probably saw you two kiss and freaked out a bit."

"Right, uh anyways what're you gonna be for Halloween?"

"I'm not sure yet but knowing this school everyone's probably going to be something slutty."

I laughed. " You got that right."

The bell rang and we headed off to geography. The rest of the afternoon went smoothly and before I knew it, the day was over. I walked out the front doors looking for my mom's car but instead my eye caught Patrick's and he winked at me. Jerk. I quickly found my mom and left without a second glance.
♠ ♠ ♠
here we go!