Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 1

Vivian Parker sat at the kitchen table looking over the papers. The papers that would finalize her divorce. As she read the papers again she thought about how the end of their marriage had come.

"You're never at home anymore!" Jesse her husband had said.

Due to her being an artist and a photographer she was often called out to do photoshoots.

"It's part of my job Jesse!" She yelled back. "I can't help that."

"Maybe you should quit your job then." He said.

Her eyes widen. "You want me to quit my job?"

"Like I said I barely see you and I don't know what you're doing when you photograph those male models." He said.

She grew mad. "You want me to quit my job all cause you're insecure?"

"I'm not insecure!" He yelled. "I just don't like you being around male models all the time."

"Cause you think I would cheat on you." She said. "You don't trust me."

"I didn't say that Viv." He said.

"Might as well since you want me to quit all cause sometimes I photograph male models." She said.

"That's not all you draw nude models!" He yelled.

"It's part of my job!" She yelled back. "You knew what you were getting into when we got together."

"Yeah but I didn't think it would be your main priority over your husband." He said.

"Just like I didn't think your main priority would be drinking with your friends 24/7." She said.

"I do not drink with them all the time." He said through clenched teeth.

"Bullshit!" She yelled. "How many times have you called me from the bar asking me to pick you up or saying you can't drive yourself home because you're drunk?"

"I don't need this shit." He said walking pass her.

"Where the hell are you going?!" She asked angrily.

"To get a drink." He said grabbing his keys.

"Of course you are!" She yelled. "You always do everytime we argue."

The slam of the door was the only response she got.

"And he just stormed out like he always does Colleen." Vivian said as she sipped her coffee.

"He's just being a guy." Colleen said. "He's just going to blow off some steam."

"By drinking himself into a coma?" Vivian asked. "That's not okay and I'm tired of it and his accusations."

"Hang in there V." Colleen said. "Him being insecure and worried about you being around other guts shows that he loves you."

"How?" Vivian asked. "By being an ass?"

"By being concerned." Colleen said. "If he wasn't insecure that shows that he doesn't care."

"I never thought of it like that." Vivian said.

Colleen squeezed her hand. "Go home and work it out."

As Vivian entered the house she heard noises from upstairs. She climbed the stairs and went to the bedroom where the noises were coming from.

She opened the door and gasped. Jesse was on top of another woman fucking her into the mattress.

Tears came to her eyes and she cried out. Jesse looked over his shoulder and gasped.

"Vivian this isn't what it looks like." He said.

She ran out the room and down the stairs. As she reached for the door Jesse grabbed her hand.

"Let me go." She said.

"Not until you hear me out." He said.

"Hear you out?!" She asked. "I'm about the fact you're fucking some other woman in the bed that we share together?"

"Vivian it just happened." He said. "I was drunk and it just happened."

"And you have the nerve to accuse me of cheating." She said. "And you're doing the exact thig you've been accusing me of."

"I know and I'm sorry." He said. "Please don't do this Vivi."

"No I'm tired of all of this." She said. "I want a divorce."

"What?" He asked not believing his ears. "Vivi you don't mean that."

"Yes I do." She said. "I want a divorce and I want it now."

"I told you it was a mistake." He said.

"Well you're mistake just cost you your wife." She said.

Vivian looked down at the like where she had to sign. Tears came to her eyes as she signed her signature on the line.

After signing them she sealed them in the Manila folder. Getting up she slipped on her shoes and walked outside.

She put them in the mailbox and put the little red flag up. As she walked back in the phone rang.

"Hello." She said.

"Vivian it's me." Jesse said.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"To ask you not to do this." He said.

"It's already done Jesse." She said. "I just sent the papers off."

"Vivian look...

"Goodbye Jesse." She said hanging up.

Sighing she saw it was almost dinner time. She didn't feel like cooking so she grabbed her keys and went to get some Chinese takeout.

"How's your girl Gates?" Jimmy asked.

Synyster looked up blood on his mouth. "Dead as always." He said dropping the corspe on the floor.

"If y'all are done feeding we have to finish getting the place ready for tomorrow night." Johnny said. "And clean up your mess Gates."

"Chill shortshit." He said. "I'll clean it up."

"Clean it up now." Shadows said. "I hate when a vampire will taint his own living quarters with a corpse."

"Goddamn I'm cleaning it up." He said gathering the body up.

"Everything is set up in the living room." Zacky said walking in.

"Excellent." Shadows said. "All the invitations have been sent out?"

Zacky nodded. "Including the one you requested to me sent out."

Shadows smiled. "I can't wait until tomorrow night."

Vivian got out the car with her dinner she opened the floor to see something shimmer in the dim light.

She picked it up and saw that it was an envelope. Walking into the kitchen she set the food down and got a letter opener.

After cutting it open she pulled out a black piece of paper that had elegant gold writing on it.

"Miss Vivian Parker you have been invited to a party tomorrow night hosted by Avenged Sevenfold." "The party begins at 8:00 at their mansion on 116 Drive near the ocean." "We can't wait to see you there!"

"Strange I don't know anybody here." Vivian said. "Then again it would be rude not to attend."

She got up forgetting about the food and went to her closet in search of something to wear to the party.