Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 13

Vivian looked around at the miles of woods and trees surrounding the area.

Her ears picked up the sound of running water miles away. The sound of birds, crickets, worms moving in the earth, ants moving to put their home, and...

She sniffed catching a whiff of something very delightful. Her ears perked at the sounds of a hammer hitting something into the ground and the sound of a woman humming.

Without thinking she sprinted into the woods her speed picking up as she came to a clearing.

Her eyes focused on a man who was bent over putting up a tent. The woman was at a table setting out and making lunch.

Vivian walked a couple of feet back before climbing a tree that kept her from them and still gave her a view of him.

They were completely unaware of her as she watched them set up camp.

Vivian's eyes focused on the man who's muscles glistened with sweat as he finished the tent. As he stretched she could see every vein in his arm carrying blood throughout his body.

He cracked his neck making her eyes turn black as his jugular became more prominent.

Vivian leaped from the tree and went to the side of the camp where the couple had their backs to her.

She got down on her knees in a crouching position her eyes focused on the olive complexion of the girl. As the girl swallowed her neck tensed and stretched slightly.

A small growl escaped Vivian's lips as she got in a pouncing position. Just as she was about to strike...

"Mommy look what we found!" A small boy and girl appeared from the woods carrying a turtle.

Vivian's fangs retreated back into her gums as she climbed in the nearby tree. Sitting on a low branch she observed the family.

"He's a big one too." The dad said. "Where'd y'all find him?"

"Near the creek." The boy said.

"We told you not go explore that far." Mom said. "There could be wild animals and strangers around here that would try to hug you."

"We're sorry mom." The kids said in unison.

"It's alright come and eat lunch is ready." Dad said.

Vivian watched the kids sit with the turtle nearby it's head out looking around till it saw her. She didn't know why but the turtle's stare bothered her.

She ignored it her focus going back to the family. The kids were busy telling their parents about his they had found and caught the turtle.

The kids got up reenacting what they did while the parents watched and listened with interest.

"I always wanted to start a family." Vivian thought sadly.

That was something her and Jesse had both wanted but they had been waiting till he got another job and could provide for them all.

That all went down the drain the moment he was in the arms of another woman.

Vivian didn't realize she was crying till a drop of blood fell on her hand. She wiped her tears away and looked at the family freezing as the boy turned looking at her.

She didn't move as he stared at her before smiling and waving. Vivian smiled back and waved before jumping out the tree running back to the house.

"Who you waving to Daniel?" The father asked.

"The lady in the tree." He said.

Both parents turned to see the tree empty.

Vivian slowed down walking as the house came into sight. She kicked a rock as she walked to the porch.

She turned the knob walking in to find the curtains pulled the house illuminated by the candelier in the living room.

The guys were all dressed in black suits Matt standing in the middle smiling at her appearance.

"What's going on?" She asked. "Where's Jimmy and Brian?"

"They're getting some food for the party." Zacky said.

"A party?" Vivian said. "For who and what?"

"Our engagement party." Matt said.

Vivian gasp softly. "Engagement party?"

Her breath hitched as Matt got on one knee pulling a small black box out his pocket.

"Vivian I've wanted for someone like you for decades." Matt said. "I almost gave up finding that someone until you came here." "I know you've still got your divorce fresh in your mind but trust e when I say I will treat and love you better than he ever could." "I would never do the things he did to you cause you're the one did me Vivian the only one for me."

He opened the box revealing the opal surrounded by diamonds. "Vivian will you marry me?"

Vivian stared she reached out touching the ring. "It's beautiful."

"It was my grandmothers she told me to give it to the person I wanted to be with for the rest of my life." He said. "That person is you Vivian." "Will you marry me?"

"You're asking me to marry you when I just got out a divorce." She whispered.

"I know but that divorce along with him was part of your old life when you were human." He said. "But this is your new life as a vampire." "My soulmate by my side for enternity."

Vivian looked at him then the ring again her eyes filling with blood. "Yes."

"Yes I'll marry you." She said wiping the tears away.

Matt smiled taking the ring and putting it on her ring finger. He stood up and embraced her as their lips met and the others clapped.

"So did she say yes?" A voice said.

"Yep Syn she did." Matt says rasing her hand.

"Congratulations you two." Jimmy said hugging them. "Sorry we're late with dinner but we had to find the right type for this."

"Y'all got what I think y'all got?" Johnny asked.

Synyster smirked and nodded. "Virgin blood."

Him and Jimmy exited the house coming back in with four bound and gagged girls.

"Fresh, young, pure, ripe, and waiting for tasting." Synyster said.

"Tabs on red." Zacky said flashing his fang at the frightened girl.

"The engaged couple get first tasting." Jimmy said.

Matt squatted down bringing Vivian with him as he leaned over a blonde who's pleas were muffled by the gag.

She screamed as Matt bit down tasting and swallowing pints of her blood.her screams went to whimpers as she began to weaken.

Matt pulled away gasping and licking his lips. "Your turn my love." He said to Vivian.

Vivian looked at the barely conscious girls eyes that had a weak pleading look in them. She looked at Matt who smiled at her encourageling.

Vivian tried to resist at first but the smell of innocent blood was too tempted and mouthwatering to resist.

Her fangs coming down she covered the girls mouth as she buried her fangs in her throat draining her completely.

Jesse watched from his car with the binoculars in shock and horror at what he saw.

He watched as Vivian licked her lips of the blood sharing a kiss with Matt who licked the rest off.

"They're fucking vampires." He whispered. "And Vivian is one of them."