Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 15

Matt laid staring at the ceiling stroking her arm. Then stared down at the beauty his soulmate sleeping on his chest. He smiled seeing the ring on her left hand which was placed on his chest.

"All these centuries and decades of searching and waiting I've finally found you." He whispered kissing her forehead.

Vivian smiled in her sleep. As he laid there watching her Matt thought about the events that had come to this moment of having Vivian his soulmate in his arms.

Matt was born Matthew Charles Sanders to Gary and Kim Sanders one of the wealthiest families of Huntington Beach during the eighteen hundreds.

He had a younger sister named Amy born a couple of years later.

Both were taught by the greatest and had many talents. They also wore the best silk, jewels, shoes, and so on.

Despite his privileged background Matt never let this get to his head. It was nice being wealthy compared to most in the small village but that didn't mean he couldn't be nice and giving to those less fortunate.

As the years went by Matt became one of the most popular men in the village. He was kind, helpful, giving, likable with the occasionally temper.

Also he became one of the most sought after men in his village.

Puberty had done him well and blessed him with features and a body that looked like God had took his time carving to make sure he was perfect.

Thought he had his full of one night stands and flings Matt wanted somebody to spend the rest of his life with.

"That's when she came." Matt thought bitterly.

One day Matt was helping some of the other men with labor such as chomping wood for the coming winter, saddling the houses, and so on.

As he chomped wood he heard the men talking amongst themselves. He looked up seeing what the fuss was about that's when he saw her.

The woman rode on a black horse into the village. She was blonde, her hair was in tight curls that fell elegantly down her back, she was wearing a red Victorian dress with a matching hat, and black boots.

She appeared to be unfazed by the fact the entire village was speaking about her. She continued to stroll by she glanced at Matt before riding away.

"Who is she?" Matt asked but no one had an answer.

Later that night Matt sat in the pub sipping a beer when it became quiet. He looked toward the door seeing the beauty from earlier.

She had a small smile and entered the pub everyone's eyes followed her as she sat at a table and ordered a drink.

Matt wanted to get her name but something about her made him nervous. As if sensing his eyes on her she looked up locking eyes with him and giving a small smile.

Taking this as an invitation Matt got up grabbing his beer before walking over.

"Good evening." He said. "How are you?"

"Hello." She said with a smile. "I'm good won't you sit down?"

"Sure thank you." Matt said sitting down. "I saw you earlier are you originally from here or visiting?"

"Visiting." She said.

"Exude my manners my name is Matthew Sanders." He said.

"My name's Valary DiBenedetto." She said smiling as he kissed her hand.

"It appears you've caused quite a stir Miss DiBenedetto." Matt said. "You're the talk of the town."

"I don't mind people need something to talk about after all." She said. "Speaking of talking I've heard about you."

"How could you?" He asked. "You've just arrived here."

"I'm just a good listener and hearer." Valary said.

"So is there anyone you're visiting?" Matt asked.

"No I just like to travel alot I'm always in the move." She said. "Staying in one place gets boring after a while."

"Wish I could travel but I have duties here." He said.

"Let me guess all your duties are entirely family matters?" She asked.

"Pretty much they expect so much of me and to set a good example for my younger sister." Matt said.

"You're your own person and you have to say fuck it and do your own thing." She said.

Matt's eyes widen. "I've never met a woman who's cursed aloud."

She smiled. "I'm not like other women Matthew."

"How so?" He asked.

"You'll have to stick around to find out." She said and sipped her beer.

And he did find out that fateful night Valary revealed who and what she truly was. A greedy manipulative monster with no compassion or love.

Matt was brought out his thoughts by Vivian stirring. She woke up facing him.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." He said stroking her cheek. "Didn't mean to wake you with my tenseness."

"Why are you tense?" She asked.

"I'll tell you soon." Matt said raising her hand and kissing the ring finger. "Go back to sleep."

Vivian kissed his lips before settling back on his chest closing her eyes.

As Matt laid there oddly he was grateful that Valary had come along and turned him.

Cause if she hadn't be would've never have met Vivian the one he was destined to be with for enternity.