Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 2

Vivian finished curling her hair. After she was done set out a barrette on the side. Walking back into her room she put on the little back number she had laid out the night before.

It was simple but had a little sex appeal.

She went back to her chair in front of the mirror. She put on a little white shimmer eyeshadow with a purple lip.

"Can't believe in going to a party hosted by people I don't even know." She said. "Then again maybe it'll take my mind off of the divorce and Jesse."

Rubbing her lips together and putting a little glitter on. She grabbed her black heels and purse and made her way to her car.

Getting in and turning it on. She typed the address in her computer system. After it mapped it out she pulled out and drove to the party.

"So much fresh blood here tonight." Synyster said looking around.

"An all you can eat buffet." Jimmy said winking at a girl who was eyeing him.

"Shadz you see your girl yet?" Zacky asked.

"Not yet but she'll be here." He said.

"Why are you so sure?" Johnny asked grabbing a glass of champagne.

"We're vampires dunbass." Jimmy said. "We're always sure."

Shadows chuckled. "I just know she'll be here."

Vivian pulled up in front of the house. She managed to find a parking place.

"It's already crowded here." She said getting out.

She walked to the door ringing the doorbell. She highly doubted anyone would hear her over the loud music. But someone answered it.

He was intimidating looking guy with a pink Mohawk. He started at her intensely.

"Invitation?" He asked.

"Oh." Vivian said taking it out her purse and handing it to him.

He read her name then looked at her with a strange smile.

"Come in Miss Parker." He said stepping aside.

"Thank you." She said entering the house.

She looked around seeing the house packed. There was a large patio where people were diving and swimming. There was a consession stand and some men walking around offering drinks.

"Enjoy the party." The man said.

"Thank you." She said walking around.

As she walked she felt eyes on her. She looked up at the banister seeing no one there.

She shook off the feeling and continued to walk around.

"Looks like your girl is here Shadows." Synyster said watching Vivian with him.

"I knew she would be." He said.

"She seems sad to me." Gates said. "I can sense it coming off her."

"Me too." Shadows said. "Wonder what it is."

Synyster smirked. "Why don't you introduce yourself and work your charm on her?"

Shadows chuckled. "I will then."

"Champagne?" One of the men offered Vivian as she walked pass

"Sure thank you." She said taking a glass and taking a sip.

Vivian sighed as she walked around. She never was a fan of parties. Despite being friendly she wasn't that good socially.

"Hello." A voice said from behind her.

Vivian jumped slightly before turning around. She turned to see a muscular guy standing there. He was dressed entirely in black with a single lip ring. He also wore gauges and a pair of aviator glasses hiding his eyes from her.

"Hi." She said still a little startled.

"Having fun?" He asked.

"Not really." She said. "I'm new here and I don't know anyone around here." "I only came cause I didn't want to be rude to the people who invited me."

"That's really considerate of you Vivian." He said a grin forming.

"You're the one who invited me." She said.

He nodded. "And I'm glad you came."

"Not that I don't appreciate it but why did you and how did you?" She asked. "Like I said no one knows me her."

"I invited you because I wanted to get to know you better." He said. "And as for the how I have ways of finding out about new people being here."

"How do you?" She asked sipping her champagne.

"I have a lot of eyes around." He said.

She nodded and held out her hand to shake. "Thank you for inviting me...

"Shadows." He said taking her hand and kissing it.

"Shadows?" She repeated. "Why do you call yourself that?"

He grinned. "You'll just have to stick around to find out."

She blushed at his words. "What if I don't want to stick around?"

His grin widen. "I have a feeling you will."

She slowly grinned back as a new song started.

"You want to dance?" He asked.

"I would probably step on your toes." She said with a laugh.

He chuckled. "I'll lead you." He said taking her glass and placing it on a nearby table.

He lead her out to the floor and took her hands in his. Vivian gasped as he pulled her close. Then pulled her out spinning her before pulling her back close with her back against his chest.

Her eyes widen at how close their faces were.

He chuckled. "You lied you're a good dancer."

She laughed slightly as he spun her again. As he pulled her back against his chest. Vivian found herself gazing into the dark shades that obscured his eyes from her.

She felt like they were penetrating her even though she couldn't see them.

"I have a question." She said.

"What?" He said with a deep dimpled grin.

"Can you take the shades off?" She asked.

His grin deepened and he spun her out again before dipping her as the song ended.

Vivian found herself staring into the most beautiful intense hazel eyes she had ever seen. She felt like they were staring deep inside of her. As if they knew everything about her.

She gasped at his close their faces were. Slowly he pulled her back up his arms still around her.

"You want to go upstairs?" He asked.

Any other time she would've said no but those hazel eyes seem to have some type of control over her.

"Sure." She said with a smile.

Shadows smiled and lead her upstairs and away from the party.