Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 3

Vivian allowed herself to be lead upstairs pass other guests who were either drinking, dancing, or making out. Shadows lead her to the end of the hallway and finally stopped at a door.

He opened it and lead her into a bedroom. The bed was in the middle right in front of a balcony. She walked over to it. The balcony was on and overlooked the ocean.

"It's so beautiful." She whispered.

Shadows chuckled. "It's okay but I've seen more beautiful things."

"Like what?" She asked turning to find him standing there.

"Like you." He whispered coming closer.

Vivian gasped softly as he stroked her cheek. She closed her eyes as he cupped her cheek rubbing his thumb against it.

She opened her eyes staring into those hazel eyes. There was something dark and haunting about those eyes. As if he were dangerous or hiding something.

He started to mean in she shook her head out of her trance.

"I'm sorry." Shadows said as she moved away from him.

"I can't right now Shadz." She said. "I'm getting out a relationship right now." "It's too soon to start another for me."

"Was the relationship that bad?" He asked his breath on her neck.

She sighed. "It wasn't at first but it changed over time and it ended badly." She said turning to face him.

"Tell me what happened." He said.

His eyes locked on hers again and she found herself telling him everything.

"Me and Jesse my husband got in an argument." She said.

"Let's go inside." He said taking her hand. "Got in a fight about what?"

"A fight about me not spending enough time at home cause of my job." She said sitting on the small couch.

"What do you do?" He asked sitting next to her.

"I'm a photographer and an artist." She said. "It required me to be away from home a lot and I sometimes had to shot male models."

"And he didn't trust you did he?" Shadows asked.

"He wanted me to quit my job cause he was that insecure." She said. "And I told him he's hardly at home cause he's always out drinking with his friends."

"Then he went out to drink with them after you said this." He said.

She nodded. "And I went for coffee with my friend who told me to go home to work things out."

"When you got home you found him in the arms of another woman." He finished.

"How did you know?" She asked facing him.

"Seen it too much and heard the same story over again." He said.

"You sound like you've been around a lot of this for a long time." She said with a laugh.

He chuckled. "Much longer than you think."

"Anyway when I caught him he tried to apologize but I didn't want to hear it." She said. "So I filed for divorce."

"You didn't let him explain?" He asked.

"Why should I?" She asked. "He was a real ass to me all cause of my job and he's insecure." "The fact he asked me to quit my job all cause he's insecure says he didn't support me or my job."

"You deserve a guy who'll support you." Shadows said. "So you divorced him?"

She nodded. "I just signed and sent the papers yesterday." "He called to apologize again but I hung up."

"You deserve much better Vivian." He said. "You deserve someone who'll trust you and treat you the way you should be treated."

Her eyes were locked on his again as if in a trance.

"You know of anyone?" She asked still staring into his eyes.

He grinned. "I can think of someone who wanted you since you walked through that door."

"Shadows we've just met." She said. "We barely know each other."

"I feel like I've known you longer than that." He said. "Like I know everything about you."

He stroked her cheek she leaned into his touch. She didn't notice him drinking some wine. She didn't see him get a glass.

He sipped some then offered it to her.

"I shouldn't." She said shaking her head. "I have to drive myself home."

"Just a little sip." He said. "A little sip won't hurt anything."

She looked at the glass than at those eyes. They urged her to take it.

She took the glass and brought it to her lips. He watched a small slowly forming as she tilted the glass back.