Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 5

As Vivian arrived home a wave of sickness came over her. She grabbed her stomach and ran into the house all the way to the bathroom.

She bend over the toilet and threw up. Coughing she came up but lurched into the toilet again.

She groaned and slumped against the tub.

"The hell is wrong with me?" She said. "I only had two glasses of alcohol."

Then again Shadows had said both were strong.

"That's probably why I'm sick." She said getting up and stripping herself of her dress.

She sighed as the warm water ran over her face washing away the remnants of the vomit.

Getting out she dryed off and got dressed for bed. She sat in front of her mirror running a brush through her wet curls.

As she did a pair of hazel eyes appeared in replacement of hers. She closed her eyes thinking about him.

He was dark, mysterious, and interested in her. This got her by surprise.

She had always thought she was average looking. A man like Shadows could have any woman he wanted.

What made her so special to him? He had said he hadn't given up on finding the one and he thought he'd found her tonight.

Did he really think she was the one for him?

Vivian shook her head getting up. "He's probably said that to hundreds of other women." "Trying to flatter them in hopes of a one night stand."

She took the aspirin nearby hoping that would do something about her headache and stomach.

After taking the pill she got comfortable and turned off the bedside lamp.

As sleep took over he invaded her thoughts again. Vivian found herself focused on his kiss. Though it had been brief it was like no kiss she had ever received.

She reached up and touched her lips. They still tingled from the kiss.

What would those lips feel like all over her body?

In her sleep she ran her hands down her body. Caressing and feeling over curve of her body imagining it was him touching her.

A pair of hazel eyes watched her through her window smiling at her semi conscious movements.

He smirked as her hand went in her boy shorts. "You can feel me like I feel you my love."

"Let's see how much you can sense me." He said closing his eyes. "I want to share a little of myself with you."

Vivian opened her eyes and found herself in a wooded area. The entire place was a red tint color. She got up and started walking around trying to find a sign of life.

"Hello?" She called out.

She then heard chatter near the river. She walked towards it and saw a man and a woman in an embrace. She hid behind a tree not wanting to interrupt them.

As they turned around Vivian covered her mouth to prevent her gasp from being heard.

The man was Shadows but he had long hair that was in a short ponytail and he was wearing clothes that looked like from King Henry's time.

The woman was blonde with her hair in elegant curls. Her eyes were hazel and she had a bright smile. She wore a small hat on her head and a black red corset dress.

She watched as they kissed each other passionately. They pulled away holding each other.

"How I wish we didn't have to meet like this Valary." He said.

"We don't have to." She said. "We could run away together so we would be free of them."

"You know I can't." He said. "My family and sister would worry terribly."

"But they don't approve of us." She said. "The only way we can be together is to run away."

He sighed. "I don't know."

"Please run away with me." She said stroking his cheeks. "Don't you love me?"

"Of course I do!" He said kissing her knuckles.

"Then come away with me." She said. "We can leave tonight."

He thought about it before smiling. "Okay I'll go with you."

She smiled and kissed him. He returned it eagerly wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Meet me here tonight." She said as they pulled away.

Vivian watched as the scene turned dark. It was night and Shadows was waiting looking for Valary.

He sighed and looked at his pocket watch. Then a pair of hands appeared over his eyes.

Vivian blinked as Valary appeared she didn't see her come out the woods or appear from them.

He grinned and turned around kissing her passionately.

"You came." She said.

He nodded. "I can't live my life without you." "I love you so much Valary."

"I love you to Matthew but there's something you must do first." She said.

"Anything." He said kissing her knuckles.

She looked down when she looked back up her eyes had changed and her fangs were down.

Matt gasped and before he found run she jumped on him biting him. Matt groaned and gasped as she drank from him.

His eyes became heavy and his grip on her weakened. She pulled away licking her lips.

Bringing his face up she cut above her breast and pressed his face to the spot.

Vivian could hear a faint lapping noise. Her eyes widen as Matt pulled Valary closer drinking from her.

Valary moaned as he drank harder. She cradled his head like an infants as he continued drinking.

He finally stopped and grabbed her head kissing her. Vivian watched as the two kisses became heated.

Eventually they pulled apart hugging each other. Matt looked up and locked eyes with her.

Vivian gasped as the hazel eyes bore into her soul.

She sat up gasping and breathing heavily. She felt eyes on her she looked at the window and saw the eyes looking back.

Getting up she walked over and opened the window.

"Shadows are you really here or is this another dream?" She asked.

"It's not a dream." He said.

"Why are you here then?" She asked.

"To see you and claim you." He said holding his arms out. "Come to me."

Vivian looked at him skeptically but found herself walking into his outstretched arms. As they embraced Vivian felt herself floating.

She gasped looking down. "Don't be afraid of this Vivian." He said. "Don't be afraid of me."

Vivian looked into his eyes and closed hers as he kissed her. His kisses trailed to her neck. She moaned softly at the feeling of them on her.

Vivian gasped as a sharp pain came in her neck. She groaned as it grew stronger. She noticed they were floating higher.

She held onto him as they did her grip getting weaker. Her eyelids became heavy and she could hear a faint drinking sound.

The last thing she saw was Shadows pulling up his lips stained red before her world turned black.