Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 6

Vivian groaned as the early morning sunbeams shined on her face. She moved her eyes before slowly opening them.

She felt worse than she did last night. Sitting up she felt her forehead. She was burning up.

As she tried to remember last nights events she glanced at the window seeing it wide open and the wind blowing the curtains.

"I didn't open this last night." She said getting up and closing it. "What the hell happen?"

Walking to the bathroom she opened the medicine cabinet looking for the thermometer. Placing it in her mouth she looked at her reflection.

She gasped at what she saw causing it to fall out. Pulling her hair back she looked closely.

On the side of her neck was two dots with dried blood. Her breath hitched as she touched them.

As she did a flood of euphoria and memories came. She gasped remembering her dream of Shadows and the woman known as Valary.

Them meeting that night to run away so they could be together. Valary baring vampric fangs and biting him. Then cutting herself and feeding him her blood turning him into a vampire.

The last image was of their eyes locking before she woke up. When she did she found him outside her window watching her.

She remembered opening the window and talking to him before they embraced.

Then the floating they had floated right above the neighborhood. His kisses then the pain. It was intense but strangely euphoric at the same time.

Her last memory was her losing conscious and them slowly floating back down. Just as she passed out she saw her blood on his lips. He licked his lips his mouth opened partially revealing a white fang.

Vivian gasped opening her eyes and breathing heavily. She shook her head in disbelief then looked at the mark again.

"That's only in the movies." She whispered. "They don't exist." "They can't exist."

But her feeling ill, the strange dream, and the noticeable mark all said otherwise.

"He's a vampire." She whispered. "And I've been bitten."

Tears came to her eyes as she processed all of this. Then anger took over.

"Why did he bite me?!" She yelled. "Now I'm turning into what he is!"

She took deep breaths trying to control and calm herself.

"What can I do?" She asked herself.

She had seen and heard enough to know that there was no known cure for vamprism. The only cure was death. Then again she knew since she hadn't had her first kill she was only half vampire.

Then there's still a chance. She thought. But how do you get rid of the vampire virus or at least control it.

She knew the only person that had all her answers was Shadows. This made her angry again.

"I'm sure as hell not going to him." She said. "I don't know what I'll do but I'm not gonna be a vampire."

With this said she undressed and took a cool shower. As she showered she felt cool hands on her shoulders.

She gasped and turned around finding Shadows standing behind her.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" She asked. "How did you get in here?"

"I'm in your subconscious Vivian since I've bit you we have a connection." He said. "And I'm here to explain what's happening to you."

"I know what's happening." She said angrily. "You bit me now I'm turning into what you are!" "A monster."

"Vivian this is not a curse there's a reason I turned you." He said.

"Why?" She asked fresh tears forming. "Why me?"

He cupped her face. "Because you're the one I've waited decades for." "The one I'm destined to be with."

"What about that dream last night?" She asked.

"That was a piece of me I wanted to share with you." He said stroking her cheek. "The day I was born again." "I've never shared that with anyone not even the others."

"I shared it with you cause I wanted you to know." He said. "I want to share everything I've ever kept from everyone with you." "Cause you're the one that I'm destined to spend enternity with."

She shook her head. "I can't be like this."

"It's scary at first I was scared too." He said. "But over time I've accepted it and embraced it."

"What if I can't?" She asked.

"Which is why you need me." He said. "I'm the only one who'll understand and can guide you through this my love."

Vivian stared into his hazel eyes as he leaned in and kissed her gently.

"Come to the mansion." He said as they pulled away.

"Okay." She said.

He smiled then vanished. Vivian got out the shower and dried off.

"This is crazy but I need answers." She said getting dressed in shorts and a blouse.

As she walked downstairs grabbing her keys the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" She asked walking over.

She unlocked the door and opened. She gasped and dropped her purse at the person standing there.

Her soon to be ex husband Jesse.