Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 7

Vivian's eyes widen at the sight of him. He stood there with that calm confident demeanor and those smoldering eyes that used to have her weak on the knees.

"Jesse what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came to see you to talk to you." He said.

"I don't want to talk to you." She said. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Please Viv reconsider this." He said in a pleading tone.

"What's done is done." She said. "I've already signed the papers and sent them to my lawyer."

"How did it done to this?" Jesse asked. "What happened to us Vivian?"

"Are you fucking serious with that question Jesse?" She yelled. "You wanna know what happened to us?"

He nodded. "Yes I do."

"You're what happened." She said through clenched teeth. "You didn't support my career or me." "Also you accused me of cheating numerous times then you turn around and do the exact thing you've accused me of doing."

"I told you she didn't mean anything to me Viv." He said. "Plus I was drunk I wasn't thinking clearly."

She scoffed. "You were always drunk it doesn't make what you did any better and I don't forgive you for it."

"Please Viv one more chance." He said giving her those eyes.

"No is still my answer and it won't change." She said. "Now excuse me but I was heading somewhere until you showed up."

She tried to walk pass him but he grabbed her wrist.

"Let me go Jesse." She said with an edge to her voice.

"Not until you listen." He said then his eyes narrowed. "What's that on your neck?"

Vivian had forgotten to cover up the bite mark. She brought her hand to it. "That's none of your damn business."

"You're already seeing some other guy?" He asked his voice raising. "Who is he?"

"He's more of a man than you'll ever be." She sneered. "Now let me go."

"No." He said tightening his grip.

She sighed. "Jesse let me go now."

"No...

"I said let me go!" She snarled her eyes turning black briefly.

Jesse gasped and dropped her hand immediately. "Vivian what's up with your eyes?"

"None of your damn concern now goodbye." She said walking to her car and driving away.

As she drove to the mansion Vivian has the urge to feel her teeth. Pulling the mirror down she looked in to see her canines a little longer and sharper.

She touched one accidentally pricking her finger. Her eyes seem to fixate on the drop of blood. With a gasp she sucked her finger moaning at the taste of blood.

After she licked it clean she finished driving to the mansion. Parking in front she got out and walked to the door. It opened before she even rang the bell.

Revealing a short guy with a brown flattened Mohawk.

He smiled. "We've been expecting you." He said gesturing her in.

Taking a breath she entered and was lead into the living room where there were three other guys.

One that had snakebites and green eyes that appeared to flash got up. "Hello Vivian my name's Zacky."

"Nice to meet you." She said hesitantly shaking his hand.

"Don't be afraid." The tall one with blue eyes said.

"I can't help it." She said.

"We were all afraid of this at first but it'll get better." Johnny said.

"I don't know about that." She said.

Zacky smiled revealing a jeweled fang. "That's why you're here so he can help."

"Where is he?" She asked.

"Upstairs." The spiked haired one said. "Waiting for you."

"Go on." Jimmy said with an encouraging smile.

Vivian looked up the stairs before slowly climbing them. She went down the same hallway she went the night before until she came to the door.

"Come in." He said before she even did anything.

With a final breath she opened the door to find him at the window looking at the surrounding neighborhoods.

She walked in and stood a good feet away looking at him.

"I'm glad you came Vivian." He said turning to face her.

"Why did you do this?" She asked.

"I told you why." He said walking over and gently took her face in his hands. "You're the one I've waited for, for so long."

"But what about what I want?" She asked. "I don't want this."

"Vivian you're scared understandable but be honest about this." He said. "Do you really not want this?" "Tell me you don't want this of me."

"This is just a lot to take in." She said. "You're a vampire, your friends are too, and now I'm turning into one."

"It's the only way we can be together." He said. "All your life Vivian you've felt unappreciated and like you're lonely." "You don't have to feel like that anymore."

"How did you know that?" She asked.

"Because we're connected now." He said. "We've been connected since you've left the party."

"That's why I had that dream about you." She said. "But who was that woman?"

His face turned grim. "Her name was Valary she was a beautiful maiden who just showed up in town out of nowhere." "I was immediately smitten with her."

"But y'all couldn't be together." She said.

"My family didn't approve if her cause they felt like something was off about her." He said. "But I didn't listen I was young and in love."

"So y'all planned to run away together." She said.

He nodded. "But as you saw there was something I needed to do first." "I needed to be turned in a vampire."

"What happened after that?" She asked.

"We were like Bonnie and Clyde except we not only robbed we drained lives." He said. "We nearly drained Huntington Beach dry."

"What happened to Valary?" She asked.

"She's no more." He said. "She was killed a long time ago."

"How?" She asked.

"I snapped her head off." He said.

She gasped. "But she loved you."

He shook his head. "I thought she did but she was just using me to get the little riches we had." "I was one of the many heartbroken vampires she left behind."

"The others were her suitors too weren't they?" She asked.

He nodded. "And we all came together and destroyed her." "She was a whore and a golddinger and got what she deserved."

"I'm so sorry Shadows." She said.

"Don't be she wasn't the one for me." He said. "And call me Matt."

"So what now?" She asked.

"I was thinking we could complete your transformation but only if you'll let me." He said.

She shuddered seeing a fang. "I'm scared Matt."

"Please don't be afraid of me or this." He said. "We'll get through this together we'll have enternity to work through this."

"Enternity." She repeated. "That's a long time."

"It won't seem that way if you have someone to spend it with." He said.

She thought aboot it before pulling her hair back offering her neck to him.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "There's no turning back after this."

"I'm sure." She said. "I want this and I want to spend enternity by your side."

He took her in his arms kissing her gently. "Close your eyes."

Vivian closed them and shuddered feeling his breath on her neck.

"It'll be over in no time just relax." He said kissing her neck.

She nodded and waited. Her breath hitched as his fangs grazed her neck.

Vivian gasped as he pierced the flesh and began to drink.