Captain Clutch

Chapter 27

The next week was a busy one. I spent everyday either packing or getting ready in some way to move into Sidney's house, well my house. It still felt weird to call it my house too, but Sidney insisted. Today I was finishing up the rest of my packing, going through my closet and packing the rest of my clothing up in either one of two places. Boxes to Sidney's or bags to donate. At this point Sidney was at practice, but had mostly given up. He was bored of watching me go through every single thing I owned trying to decide if I wanted to keep it or not. I thought I was doing very well since I had seemed to downsized a lot. Especially in clothing. My weight was back to where I wanted it to be since I had been using every day and then got clean. It went up and down for awhile, but I had finally got it to a perfect weight. I had kept all my odd fitting clothes, but realized it was finally time to get rid of them. I put all the clothes I didn't want in garbage bags next to the bed and all the clothes I did want in the many suit cases I had.
"Knock knock." A sing songy voice called from my door. I turned around and gasped.
"Oh my god." I screamed as I ran to the door where my best friend was standing. Emilie. My tall, athletic, gorgeous best friend. We hugged for what felt like five minutes. Finally we pulled away from each other.
"You are so tan, lucky bitch." I said as I took Emilie's hand and pulled her over to my bed where we both flopped down.
"I know right?" She said. I smiled.
"You look good." Emilie said her eyes moving up and down my body taking in all the changes I've gone through.
"Thanks Em." I said hugging her again, this time it was shorter. "How was your trip?"
"Amazing." Emilie said.
"I want to lay on a beach for a month and go sight seeing for months at a time." I said sighing.
"It was beautiful in Cuba, and Europe was amazing. You need to come next time." Emilie said.
"Next time I will." I said giggling.
"Kayla." Emilie said. "Max called me while I was away."
Shit. I blushed trying to hide my face. She took my hand in hers. I didn't speak.
"Kay, babe." Emilie said. "Talk to me, what happened baby girl."
To be honest. I love Emilie. She is like the sister I don't have. She is bright and caring. I'm so extremely lucky to have her.
"I don't know. Well I guess I do." I sighed.
"So explain sweetie." Emilie said playing with my hair.
"Maxime got traded and he wanted me to move with him to Philly, I just can't." I said. "I'm not leaving Sidney."
Emilie already knew about Sidney and me. She hadn't met him yet though. She left before I met him and today was her first day back. I had been updating her all the time she was away, as much as possible that is.
"I need to meet this boy." Emilie said in a stern voice. I laughed. After a couple seconds she started laughing as well.
"Of course you can meet him." I said smiling.
"I'd ask if he has any cute friends, but I'm really not on a male kick right now." Emilie said flipping her hair over her shoulder. I shook my head. My best friend, she goes between guys and girls at least once a month. I like that she's bisexual though, she is so honest about how I look when I buy clothes or do my hair. Its pretty awesome.
"So you're off guys?" I laughed.
"Yeah, girls are just so much better." She said.
"Yeah until some bitch ruins your life." I said. She grabbed a pillow and swung it at me. Luckily I ducked in time and she missed. We both erupt in laughter.
"What's so funny?" Maxime said from the door. We both looked at him.
"My favourite hockey player." Emilie said jumping off the bed and running over to Maxime..
"Em, hey." Maxime said hugging her tight. I smiled. He thought of Emilie like a younger sister too. It was really sweet, even though she was closer to his age then mine.
"I missed you." She said.
"I missed you too. Did Kay tell you? I got traded. I leave tomorrow." He said.
"Yeah, I'm gonna miss having you around." Emilie said throwing her arm around Maxime's shoulder. She was just a bit shorter than he was.
"I'll be close still." He said.
"Thanks for letting Kay stay, I don't think I could live without her. These last months have been hard enough and I was the one on vacation." Emilie said smiling in my direction. I got off the bed and went back over to the closet to finish sorting clothes.
"Lets get you a drink Em." Maxime said.
"Sure." Emilie said. I shook my head as they left the room. I knew they just wanted to talk about me and they could just do it here, but I guess they didn't want my input on the subject. I just went about my business trying to get at least half my packing done before we went out to the club tonight. We had a couple days off before the next game so we decided to go out tonight. I couldn't wait. We haven't been out in awhile and I just wanted to let loose a little and dance. I was a bit nervous for Sidney to meet Emilie, they have a lot more in common. He might actually end up liking her more that he likes me. I tried to push those thoughts out of my head as I continued to pack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter took forever , but honestly Emilie was the latest addition to the story. I made her up like when I got part of the way into the chapter. haha.

Btw Emilie is pronounced just like Emily, its a ie not a y said the same way thou. I just like this spelling better!!