Captain Clutch

Chapter 32

We had been back from the road trip for a couple days. I was able to push the whole "maybe you're pregnant" thing from my mind. Sidney and I were talking and getting along, but we stayed away from each other pretty much whenever we were both home. I spend as much time at Emilie's as I can. We don't fight as much as its just awkward between us. I have no idea why its like this, but its like neither of us wants to talk about anything. I was in the kitchen just finishing up some cleaning before I left for Emilie's. Beau walked in the door and went straight for a cup of coffee. Neither Sidney or I drink coffee, but I always make Beau some in the morning.
"Morning." I said.
"Morning." Beau groaned. I turned to face him and smiled. He looked rough.
"Lake night?" I asked. Beau didn't answer. He just groaned again. I giggled. Poor Beau.
"Beau." I heard a female voice call from the other room. She sounded fake. She came into the kitchen in one of Beau's old t-shirts. I rolled my eyes when I saw her. She was tiny like me with long blonde hair that I knew was fake. Her voice was disgustingly high and I felt myself getting a headache before she even spoke again.
"Yes." Beau said shuddering a little. I quickly covered my face so she wouldn't see me laughing.
"Why did you leave bed?" She asked coming to a stop before him. She stood on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek. I looked at Beau and faked throwing up. Beau tried not to laugh.
"I don't think we've met." I said composing myself.
"You're right. I'm Robyn, with a Y." She said turning to me. I shook my head.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Kayla." I said.
"So you live with Beau?" She said eyeing me.
"No, I'm the maid." I said faking a smile.
"Oh. Do you cook too? I'd like egg whites and turkey bacon." She said looking all to serious. I burst out laughing. Then I shook my head and walked out of the room. I heard Robyn asking Beau what was so funny as I jogged up the stairs to the bed room. Sidney was coming out of the washroom dressed in workout clothes when I entered the room.
"Hey babe." Sidney said. He was obviously in a good mood.
"Hey." I said smiling. He was going to walk past me, but he stopped to give me a kiss.
"I'm going to work out." He said grabbing his bag which was sitting by the door.
"Oh." I said sitting down on the bed and pouting.
"Whats wrong?" He said dropping his bag back on the ground and walking over to the bed. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I continued to pout as he kissed the side of my head.
"I wanted to spend time together today." I said looking up at him.
"We can, after I go to the gym." Sidney said.
"Never mind." I said getting up.
"Kayla, don't do this." He said sighing.
"Whatever Sidney, have a good work out." I said walking in to the closet and stripping my clothes off.
"Kayla." Sidney said coming to the door and looking my body up and down.
"Stop it." I said giving him a disgusted look as I pulled on some white panties and a matching white bra.
"Babe." He said coming closer to me. I pushed him away.
"Leave me alone." I said pulling on a pair of white jeans and a white tank top. I pulled a thick burgundy sweater off the hanger and pulled it over my head. Sidney just stood there watching me with a pissed off look on his face. I ignored him as I slipped on my burgundy and white heels. I love these heels they have white triangles on them with burgundy around them. I picked up my purse and walked out of the closet.
"Kayla, where are you going?" Sidney asked following me out of the room and down the stairs.
"Out." I said.
"Kayla." Sidney said. I came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs.
"Holy babe." Beau said standing at the doorway.
"Thanks sweetie." I said winking at Beau. Sidney groaned.
"Bye." I said waving behind me as I opened the front door. I slammed it shut behind me and walked down the front step to my car. I got in and drove off in the direction of Emilie's house. Luckily it isn't to far from Sidney's house, my house. I was almost there maybe five minutes away. I had the music blasting and I was moving around to the best of my ability while being strapped into my seat. I was making a left hand turn right as the light turned red. I thought all the cars were going to stop, but one didn't. It kept going and slammed right into the passenger side of my car. It happened so fast. The car kept going and pushed me right into a car that was fast off the advanced green going the other direction. That car hit my car on the driver side. After that I don't remember anything else. All I remember is pitch black coming over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but its leading to other things. Next one will be longer.