Captain Clutch

Chapter 35

It's game day. Sadly I can't do any of things I do during game day. Since I started going to every game on the road and at home with Sidney, I stared my own game day routine. We arrive at the rink and both hop on the treadmill. We run for a bit and hit the weights. Sidney goes out on the bench and tapes his sticks, while I hang out with some of the guys on the team. We just goof off and dance around to music or play cards just let loose before the game. Then Sidney and I sit down for our 5pm peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After that we join in the soccer game and have some fun with the other guys on the team kicking the ball around. After that Sidney goes off and does his stretches and focus' on getting ready for the game. While he is doing that I take a shower and get ready for the game. Today, I am stuck in a hospital room, barley able to move due to my broken ribs and broken arm. My phone started ringing. I looked down at the call display. A picture of Sidney and I was on the screen. We were laying in bed and Sidney was kissing my temple. I smiled at the picture and answered the phone.
"Hey babe." I said.
"Hey." Sidney said.
"Game day routine in full effect." I said looking over at the clock across the room.
"Yes ma'am." He said. "I left you a present."
"Ou what's that?" I asked getting excited.
"Look in the cooler bag beside your bed." Sidney said.
"Okay?" I questioned. I leaned down beside the bed and pulled the bag up with my good hand. I unzipped the bag and found a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sitting amongst cooler packs.
"Sidney." I cooed. Sidney chuckled.
"It is 5 o'clock." He said. I smiled.
"Lets eat." I said unwrapping the sandwich and taking a bite. Once we finished the sandwiches we talked for about ten more minutes before he hung up to get ready for the game. I decided to try and go for a walk before the game started. As I was rounding the corner I almost walked right into Maxime.
"Hey baby sister." He said pulling me into a hug.
"Hey Maxime." I said smiling up at him.
"How are you feeling?" He asked looking down at me.
"Better." I said. "But what are you doing here?"
"I have a couple days off, so I wanted to check on my little sister." He said putting his arm around my shoulder. We walked around the floor a couple times casually talking about hockey and Sidney. I was starting to feel a lot better. The doctor said my ribs were healing perfectly. Once we got back to the room I was feeling a bit tired. I hadn't really used my legs much. I only walk a couple times a week because I want all my bones to heal properly and my legs are weak from all the laying around. I decided to take a nap before the game.

----------------

"Kay, wake up." I heard Maxime say as he gently tapped my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked around.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"Ten minutes to seven." Maxime said. I smiled, almost time to watch Sidney and the boys play. I pushed the button on the bed to make it move into a sitting position. The TV was already on and tuned into the game. Pre-game show was ending.
"Maxime, why are we watching the out of town channel?" I asked.
"Apparently this is the HD station. I'm not sure why." Maxime said. I sighed turning back to the TV.
"In other news Sidney Crosby seems to no longer be Canada's most eligible bachelor." The announcer said. My jaw dropped as a picture of Sidney and I coming out of a Starbucks in downtown Pittsburgh a couple days before my accident. Another picture came up on the screen of Sidney coming into the hospital over the past couple weeks.
"Seems he is visiting his possible girlfriend. The mystery girl is the sister of Max Talbot, former Pittsburgh Penguins forward. She was in an accident a couple weeks ago and he has been seen going into this hospital many times of the past couple weeks." The announcer went on to say. Maxime and I stared at each other in shock.
"This is what Crosby had to say when asked about it before tonight's game." The announcer said.
"Oh my god." I gasped as Sidney came on the screen.
"Sidney you've been seen with Max Talbot's sister. Is she you're girlfriend?" The interviewer asked.
"I don't know where you are getting your information, but Kayla and I are friends, we have been for awhile now. She was visiting and got into a horrible accident. I promised Max I would look out for her while he couldn't be here." Sidney said with the straightest face. I wasn't sure how to react to this.
"Should I be mad at him?" I asked Maxime.
"No. You guys decided to keep it on the down low. He probably just wants to talk to you before it goes public." Maxime said. We turned back to the TV.
"Even if we were dating, we would come out with a statement, don't worry." Sidney said. They went on with the interview and asked him some questions about the game. I still wasn't sure how to react to the way he handled the situation. I guess I was happy, because we decided not to tell anyone yet. We really needed to talk once he got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter didn't take as long. Thank god!!

Uh-oh drama drama drama!!!!!