Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 1

Jack felt disgusting. He woke up and went to sleep the same way. He stumbled out of bed to shower. It was Thursday morning which meant school. First week of his junior year and he already gave up on the year. All those people looking at him like they knew how dirty he was.

He turned on the water, making it as hot as he could without burning himself. He stepped in and let the molten hot water wash over him. He scrubbed his hair and body with soap, trying desperately to wash away everything. Sadly memories don't wash away. Ever.

After 30 minutes of scrubbing himself as clean as possible, he turned it off. Jack wrapped himself in a big fluffy towel. He trudged to his room and put on jeans and a sweatshirt. Plain black, nothing to attract any attention to himself.

He walked down the stairs just as he heard Rian's horn. He sighed and grabbed an apple on his way out the door. His best friend waved and gave him a smile he could hardly return. He took his time to get in the car.

Rian watched him and waited until he was safely in before driving away form the curb. The ride was silent as usual. Even when Rian turned on Blink 182 Jack didn't sing along like he used to. As always, Rian tried for conversation.

"So did you finish that Trig homework? I was up all night man, I hate this subject. Don't you?"

Jack stared out the window and shrugged, "Its okay."

Rian stopped at a red light to stare at him, "Are you okay?"

Jack didn't look at him, just stared. At first Rian thought he wouldn't get an answer. Just as the light changed he did.

"I'm fine Ri. I wish people would stop asking that."

Rian's hands tightened on the wheel, "Maybe because the semester just started you only smiled like once and when was the last time you laughed?! Man, you don't even sing along to Blink anymore!I'm worried about you and you haven't given me a reason not to."

Jack had to hold back his tears, "Nothing to worry about. Just let it go."

He wanted to see more but he didn't want to push Jack. He could see the poor boy was about to break as it is.

They pulled into the parking lot and got out. Jack and Rian walked side by side to their lockers. They both got out their environmental science books as they waited for Zack.

Zack ambled up and flashed them a dazzling smile. He grabbed Rian in a chokehold and rubbed his knuckles across his head.

"Hey bros! Missed you guys."

Rian elbowed him in the gut to make him let go. "We saw you less than 24 hours ago!"

Zack smiled again, "Never get enough you two. Jacky! What's up?"

He went in for a hug and Jack shrank back like a frightened animal. Zack stopped in his tracks and lost his smile. Jack tried his best to act like nothing happened. He gave them a shaky smile and mumbled something about going to class.

He practically ran from his two bewildered best friends. They wanted to help but didn't know how. Rian ran to catch up and grabbed a seat next to Jack in the back.

The bell rang and their teacher walked in 5 minutes late. Their teacher, Mr. Kwan was a smelly old weirdo. He loved science a little too much and always pissed his students off with his idiotic assignments.

He started talking about the Corlious effect. Jack took notes without really listening. Rian didn't even try, he just texted his long time crush Cassadee. The bell rang after a rather boring class and Jack jumped at the sound.

He smiled sheepishly as Rian and went to his next class. History then Math passed in a blur. It was fourth period when Jack's world would get turned upside down. Chemistry class was the only class he didn't have with Rian or Zack. Neither of them wanted to take such a hard subject. Personally Jack enjoyed it.

This was the only class that required partner work practically all year. So far, Jack was lucky and didn't have a partner.

He took his seat in the back and set his backpack on the other chair. The bell rang and a frazzled looking boy ran in. He huffed out his apology and handed the teacher his schedule. She looked it over and nodded.

"You can sit with Mr. Barakat. Would you please raise your hand Jack?"

Jack started at his name. He looked up and realized the teacher was talking to him. He raised his hand and the other boy smiled at him. Jack got red and looked back down at the desk. The boy was absolutely beautiful. Just at the glimpse he could see the softness of his hair and eyes. He wanted to talk to hi---stop.

Jack hated that he even thought that. He was dirty and disgusting. This new boy would probably know that or treat him like the trash he was. No, it was better if he didn't say a word.

The other boy walked over and cleared his throat. Jack didn't look up as he removed his backpack. The other boy sat down rather close to Jack and got out his notebook and pen. He leaned over to whisper to Jack.

"Hi Jack. My name is Alex."

Jack only nodded. Alex sighed but didn't move away.

"So....Care to catch me up on the past week."

Jack shrugged, keeping his eyes cast down, "Didn't learn anything yet."

Alex nodded but then realized he couldn't see that. "Okay. Thanks."

Alex watched his new partner. He was a cute guy. Tall and lanky with raven black hair. His eyes were possible brown, he couldn't really see. Jack looked like he hadn't eaten in days or slept for that matter. Alex had an overwhelming urge to rub his back and pet his hair.

Just as he reached out, the bell rang. Alex and Jack both startled and Jack jumped off his chair and all but ran out the door.

Something was broken in Jack and Alex wanted to help. He didn't know why or how but he needed to get to know this guy. He wouldn't stop until he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys new fic! I don't know I was kind of inspired by Bring me the horizon. Hope you guys like it :P