Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 16

Alex rolled over to find an empty space next to him. He sat up disorientated and searching for a certain doe-eyed raven haired boy. He wasn't in his room so Alex snuck into the bathroom. No Jack. Alex went into the kitchen. Not in there either. Alex went into the living room expecting to see Jack curled up where they were earlier.

Empty.

Alex started to get worried. He didn't know where Jack could be or why he would go without him. He started to run back to the bedroom to grab his phone when he saw the back door was open. Carefully, he crept up to the door. There was his boyfriend.

Jack was sitting cross-legged, face pointed toward the sky. Alex let out a sigh of relief. He expected Jack to hear him but he seemed so lost in his head that his noise went by unnoticed. He tip toed over to the dazed boy.

"Jack." His voice was still laced with sleep and his hair was all over the place.

Jack looks up at the sleepy boy and smiles, dark thoughts forgotten for a moment.

"Hey what are you doing up?"

Alex smiled before settling down in Jack's lap. "I could ask you the same thing."

Jack laughed and leaned back on his hands. He looked back up at the stars, smile slipping. Alex took his chin between his thumb and forefinger, angling his face so he could look into those beautiful eyes.

"You okay?"

Jack was about to say yes but suddenly stopped. Looking into those caramel eyes that he was falling in love with more and more everyday he realized he didn't want to lie. He took a deep breath, looked up one last time before sitting up and placing his hands on the other's hips.

Placing his forehead against the other's he answered. "No."

Alex sighed and closed his eyes for a moment. Jack was letting him in, he had to tread carefully.

"Care to share?"

Jack merely shrugged. "I just cant shake these dreams." He said it in such a casual way but Alex could see the desperation in those eyes.

Alex got off his lap and held out his hand. Jack took it and was pulled to his feet, through the house and out the front door.

"Where are we going?" He asked as he pulled on the jacket he grabbed.

Alex looked back and smiled, keeping a brisk pace. "A quiet place where you can sort through all of those thoughts in that pretty little head of yours."

Jack looked confused and Alex kept trudging forward. The night was cold but Alex was hot with determination. He wouldn't let these demons take away the beautiful spark that flowed through Jack's veins. He just wouldn't.

~~~~~~~~~
The two shadowy figures stood outside an abandoned school. Jack had lived here his whole life and he never knew one existed fifteen minutes from his house, 5 if they were driving.

Alex kept a steady grip as he pulled Jack forward towards the rusty gate.

"Why are we here?" Jack inquired.

"Keep walking and you'll find out."

Jack wasn't the best with surprises but he trusted this boy in front of him so he let himself be pulled along.

They got to the P.E. field, or what was left of it, and approached another gate behind the baseball field. Alex slipped through a hold in the gate and Jack followed his step. They ended up at the bottom of a hill, a thin trail leading to what could only be the top.

Alex looked at Jack, face pink from the cold and smiled. "I'll race ya!"

Jack returned the smile and damn it felt good to smile. "You're on!"

The two took off. Jack's long limbs would've helped him but they matched Alex's speed pretty evenly. Alex had just gotten the lead when Jack reached out and pulled him back by his waist. Alex started to fall and decided that they went together or he wouldn't go down at all, so he pulled Jack with him. The couple rolled on the floor, laughing and enjoying the cool night air against their skin.

After their hysterics died down, Jack sat up. He looked around and saw an old bench with so many carved names and hearts that they overlapped. He smiled because not much had changed, kids still did that except now it was on bathroom stalls, although it was rarely names anymore. Most of it were stupid "deep" quotes.

He stood up and walked over, purposely ignoring Alex's whine of protest. He gently ran his fingers over the peeling paint and smiled. He wondered how many couples were still together or how many still visited this place. He turned around the see his boyfriend staring at him.

The atmosphere was quiet and for once Jack didn't hear the laughter or cruel words of the monster in his head. He heard crickets and the rush of wind. He felt free, like his thoughts were blocked by this peaceful place.

"It's beautiful." He whispered, afraid to break the spell.

Alex smiled and took Jack's hand. "I know. It helps me think and I hoped it could help you too."

Jack nodded. He took a seat on the old bench and patted the spot next to him for Alex. The two sat in silence, staring at the sky or the view, drinking it all in.

Alex loved this place. It was a place for him to write and think, no distractions. He could sort out his feelings here and hoped it would do the same for Jack. This was the place he realized just how much he cared about Jack. Loved him even and he prayed to whatever being was up there that someday Jack would return these feelings just as strongly.

Jack was finally coming to terms with what happened to him. He knew why it was still plaguing his mind, why it still kept him up at night. He was scared that the man would come back. He gave the man so much power because he kept his identity a secret. No one knew what kind of a monster he really was except for himself. He needed to tell someone if he truly wanted to heal and he knew the only person he could trust at this point was sitting beside him, holding his hand.

He leaned over to kiss the caramel-haired boy on the cheek, then his jaw. He kissed a line down his neck before coming back up and planting one right on those perfectly pink lips. He lingered there before pulling back.

"What was that for?" Alex asked rather breathlessly

"Thank you."

Alex shook his head, "You don't have to thank me. It can be our place."

Jack smiled, "I need to tell you something."

Alex's eyebrows raised, "Go for it."

Jack took a deep breath and kissed Alex one more time. Call it a kiss for good luck if you will.

"I think it's about time you know who raped me."
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHHH cliffhanger :P And finals week is starting but after that I'm all yours! Don't be scared to comment guys, I love hearing your opinions and thanks for reading :D