Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 17

Alex took in a deep breath, "...Okay."

Jack looked away and Alex squeezed his hand in reassurance. They were silent for a few moments before Jack took a shuddering breath.

"I was with a boy this past summer, Ian. My first boyfriend. He was great. Took me out for ice cream, watched my favorite movie with me countless times, did stupid spontaneous things to make me happy until one day he stopped. He said we were moving too slow."

Jack had tears in his eyes. He was struggling to keep a level head as he relived his past. Alex squeezed his hand again to let him know he was here and that Jack was safe. The teary eyed boy nodded and continued.

" I didn't have any experience y'know? I wanted things to be slow and I thought he would understand that. I could tell he was getting irritated with me but I didn't want things to end. When he was in a good mood things were great. I thought he loved me until one day he tied me down and...."

Alex opened his mouth to speak, to let Jack know he didn't need to continue, but the boy blundered on anyway.

"He slapped me and kept his hand over my mouth and took advantage of me. I was crying and he didn't stop. I blacked out and then the next day I get a text that it was over between us because he was moving. He s-said he wanted something good to remember me by."

Jack was in tears but it felt good to get this out in the open. "I never texted him back and haven't heard from him since."

He looked up after he finished to wipe his face with the hand that wasn't held by his boyfriend. Said boy was watching Jack with a thoughtful expression.

"Your mom mentioned an Ian...." He stated rather than asked.

Jack nodded. "Yeah she loved him. I didn't have the heart to tell her what he really was. I was always scared he would come back and hurt me again."

Alex scooted closer and wrapped the sniffling boy in his arms. He pressed a kiss into his hair, "I will never let him hurt you again."

It was whispered but was said with such finality that gave Jack a sense of security. He nuzzled into Alex's neck and whispered, "Thank you."

The caramel-haired boy pulled back ad looked into those deep brown eyes of his boyfriend, "You don't need to thank me Jack. I care about you and I will give you as much time as you need for anything. I promise I will show you what it feels like to be really loved. If you'd let me of course...."

Alex trailed off, cheeks tinting slightly. Jack giggled and stood up, holding out his hand. "As pretty as this is, I'm cold and tired and just want to cuddle with my extremely sexy boyfriend."

Alex grabbed hold and Jack led them down the hill and back to his house.

~~~~~~~~

The boys were back in Jack's bed entangled in each other. Jack was sleeping peacefully while Alex watched, running idle fingers through his boy's hair. He didn't want Jack to know all the dark thoughts swirling in his head.

He now knew the name of this monster who took everything from Jack. His sense of security, his love, his confidence, everything that made Jack, Jack. Slowly Alex was helping him get that stuff back but if it wasn't for this demon, this Ian guy, he wouldn't need to get it back in the first place.

The fact that Jack still feared for his life killed Alex. He wanted nothing more than to bundle Jack up and take him back to his bed and never, ever leave it. He wanted to beat the living shit out of that rapist and put his head on a stick.

The only thing keeping him from running and starting a fight with the next poor bastard he saw was the fragile boy sleeping in his arms. He couldn't leave Jack. He also knew that Jack would be disappointed if he got himself in trouble over something so stupid.

Alex let out a deep sigh and pulled his sleeping boyfriend closer, taking in his scent and rhythmic breathing patterns. No, he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his relationship with Jack.

Taking in one last look at Jack's peaceful face, Alex closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep. The thought that Jack would be in his arms when he woke up was his saving grace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I am so sorry. I know I've been gone forever. Thank you to those who have stuck around. I hope you all don't hate me!