Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 3

Jack dreaded Friday. After Rian dropped him off he went straight to the bathroom. He clutched the sides of the sink and took deep breathes, trying to steady himself. He tried so hard to keep away from Alex but somehow never managed to escape him. He wanted to cry and scream but neither happened. He was stuck.

He rid himself of his clothes and turned on the shower. He waited for it to heat up before stepping inside. He replayed the day in his head, cursing himself for not being able to just tell the guy no. He knew that he should've but at the same time he didn't want to.

He scrubbed and scrubbed until his body was numb and raw. He could still feel the tingle of uncleanliness, still feel those hands on h--STOP. He shook his head and turned off the water, mind wandering back to his Chemistry partner. Why did Alex care so much anyway? Jack didn't feel he was anything special. The light in his eyes had gone out last summer. Nothing mattered much anymore so what did Alex see in him.

Jack wrapped himself in his towel, grabbed his clothes and went into his room. He put on his oversized Ravens sweatshirt and black sweatpants. He padded down the stairs and into the kitchen. He was actually starving since he only had an apple today. He grabbed some bread and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a personal favorite.He went back upstairs to his room to attempt his homework and fall into another restless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack groaned when his alarm went off. Friday. Fuck. He laid in bed, contemplating the idea of just not going. He didn't really feel good but then again he never did. Sighing he got up for another shower.

After his shower he saw he had plenty of time until Rian would arrive. He went into the kitchen and decided to actually make a lunch today. Throwing together a sandwich, he heard Rian's car.

He nimbly ran up the stairs, grabbed his bag and ran out the door. He jumped into his best friends car and they drove in the direction of school. Rian was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to some unheard beat.

"So you ready to get schooled in video games?"

Jack snorted for a response. He rocked at video games, it was a rare person who could beat him.

Rian smirked, "You know I think Alex likes you."

All the amusement went out of his face. How could Alex like him? He barely even knows him! Jack voiced this thought.

"Ri I barely said 3 words to the guy. I highly doubt it."

Rian only shrugged, "Maybe he likes that about you."

Jack shook his head and stared out the window. Part of him secretly hoped Alex did like him, the other part was telling him to run. He didn't know which one to listen to.

They arrived at school with a good 10 minutes before class started. The boys decided to hang out by their lockers until the bell. When they got there they saw a familiar brunette sitting against Jack's locker. It was Alex. Jack groaned and Rian elbowed him.

"Be nice. I think its cute."

As they approached him, Alex looked up and those wide brown eyes locked on Jack. He smiled at him and Jack looked away. The smile fell from his face but Jack didn't notice.

"Morning Alex."

His eyes flicked over to Rian as his smile returned.

"Hey Rian. Morning Jack."

Jack made eye contact. He cleared his throat, "Hey uhm...I kinda need..."

Alex looked confused for a minute before he turned. "Oh! Sorry. I'll move, give me a hand up?"

Jack didn't move and Rian wasn't paying attention. Alex sighed, "I wont bite."

He held out his hand and Jack stared at it. He slowly reached out and Alex took it. He closed his eyes as Alex used Jack to pull himself up. He didn't let go of his hand and Jack kept his eyes firmly shut. Alex let go of his hand to put his hand lightly on his cheek. Jack whimpered and jumped back as if Alex slapped him.

Both stared at each other in shock. Jack felt the tingly feeling that Alex's touch left behind. He didn't feel dirty for once. His touch didn't feel like bugs wiggling under his skin. Alex's touch actually felt...good.

Alex watched Jack in shock. He didn't know why he jumped away. He was sure to be as gentle as humanly possible. He opened his mouth to speak but Rian rejoined them. He took in their stance and raised an eyebrow.

"You guys okay?"

Alex snapped out of his trance, "Yeah."

Jack just moved to his locker and quickly put in the combination. He grabbed his book and stood close to Rian. The two were talking but Jack wasn't listening. He was still marveling at the after effect of Alex's touch.

He was in his own world so he didn't notice Alex inch closer. He was right next to him when the bell rang, startling him. HE looked around, eyes landing on the brunette next to him.

"Lets get to class Jack." He heard his best friend say. He nodded and started to walk away when he felt a hand on his bicep. Then Alex's breath was fanning his ear.

"See you in Chemistry." Chills ran down his spine as he walked away.

It was going to be a long day
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter. Since school started updating is gonna be kinda hard. Sorry >.<