Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 6

Jack was pacing in his room. His hair was still wet from the shower and he kept swiping stray droplets of water off his face. Alex texted him a little bit ago, informing him that he would be over to get him in 5 minutes. Jack had his bag packed and a lump in his throat. In the past few days, Alex had touched him more than anyone since summer. He was scared that Alex would try something tonight and he had no one there to protect him. To say Jack was freaking out would be an understatement.

Alex pulled up a few minutes later and skipped out of his car. He jumped the step to the front door and knocked. After a few moments, a shy Jack opened up and peeked around the corner of the door.

"Alex?"

Alex smiled, "Yep! Come on Barakitten, you're in for a lovely night!"

Jack sighed and stepped outside, closing the door and locking it. He made his way to Alex's car as Alex ran in front to open it for him. What a gentleman.

After Jack was settled, Alex jogged over to the driver's side and climbed in. He looked over at Jack who looked nervous, then he noticed the wet hair.

"Did you shower just for me?" Alex grinned.

Jack swallowed and looked out the window, choosing to ignore that comment. Alex would laugh at him if he knew the real reason so he let him believe what he wanted. The car ride was short with Jack staying silent and Alex humming along to a Blink 182 song.

They pulled into Alex's driveway and got out. Alex was in front, unlocking the door with Jack shuffling behind him. Jack started to go towards the living room but Alex grabbed his bag to pull him in the other direction. Jack looked confused.

"You're staying in my room tonight." Alex winked and Jack's eyes got wide.

"No. I'll be fine on the couch. Please?"

Alex looked a little taken aback but stood his ground. "Dude I have a big bed that could totally fit us both. I wont even touch you."

Jack stared at him, unsure whether to believe him or not. "Promise?"

Alex put his hand over his heart and locked eyes with the other boy, "I swear on my Grandmother's grave."

Jack nodded and let Alex lead him upstairs to his room. Alex was right, his bed was big. Jack set his stuff down by the closet and looked around the room. It was simple. White walls, covered with band and movie posters, all of which Jack loved. He had a closet with a sliding door and a small wooden desk. He had an acoustic guitar next to it with paper littering the trashcan.

"You play?" Alex asked as he watched Jack stare at the guitar. He only got a shrug. He nudged Jack towards the guitar lightly.

"Play something for me."

"I-I cant."

Alex shook his head. "Yes you can. Go for it."

Alex didn't miss the small spark that lit up Jack's eyes. He gave a little smile and walked over to the guitar. He cradled it in his arms before tuning it to his liking. He played a few practice notes before settling in the desk chair. Alex sat on the bed and waited for him to start playing.

The chords were a sweet melody. Alex had never heard the song before and he didn't expect it when Jack started to sing.

"Say goodbye to the halls and the classes
Say hello to a job and the taxes
The weekends with old friends spilling into 9 to 5 routine
Tell me how you feel over and done with
Like your life is a map with no compass to guide,
At the bar drinkin’ way too much
We sing along to "Forever Young".

So here we go again
Wishin’ we could start again...."

If Alex wasn't attracted to Jack before, he was now. Jack coughed and set the guitar down.

"No don't stop!" Alex whined. Jack had some serious talent and watching those hands fly across the frets was a major turn-on.

Jack smirked and shook his head. "I haven't written anything past that."

Alex's face fell just a little but he realized something. He could reach Jack through music. "What's it called?"

Jack's face got a little pink, "Somewhere in Neverland."

Alex nodded. "I liked it."

Jack had a full blown smile now, "Thanks."

Alex patted the spot next to him. The other boy looked at him and stayed rooted in place. Alex sighed. "I wont bite Jack."

"Not what I'm worried about."

He sighed. "Jack you know the body needs at least 8 positive touches a day? I wont hurt you."

Jack only shook his head. He knew this would happen, Alex craved physical affection where Jack was afraid of it.

Alex took a deep breath and got up from his place on the bed and walked over to Jack. He leaned onto the chair, placing both arms on either side of the chair, trapping Jack. Jack's breathing started to pick up and his eyes were blown wide. His voice was a whimper, "Please don't."

Alex was shocked at the look on Jack's face. He placed a gentle hand on his cheek, whispering as well, "Hey its okay. I wont hurt you. Please let me show you how good it feels to be held."

Jack took a steadying breath. He craved affection but the memory was still too raw. He knew Alex wouldn't hurt him but he still had lingering doubt and fear.

"I'm scared."

Alex gave him a reassuringl smile, "Let me help you conquer this fear."

Jack closed his eyes and nodded. Alex took that as his cue to move. He placed his other hand on the other side of Jack's face. The boy below him sucked in a breath and started to breath rapidly.

"Open your eyes Jack. Its only me. I wont hurt you."

Alex was met with Jack's scared dark eyes. He wanted to wipe that fear away. It seemed to dim slightly when he saw Alex. Slowly, he moved onto Jack's lap, placing a leg on either side of him. Jack took a deep breath and tried to steady himself.

"I'm gonna kiss you."

Jack swallowed around the lump. He wanted this so badly but at the same time was terrified. Alex leaned in slowly, giving him time to adjust to the closeness. He could feel Alex's breath on his lips and then his actual lips. The kiss was slow and Alex didn't attempt to shove his tongue down the other's throat.

Alex's eyes slipped closed and Jack copied this action. His arms encircled the smaller boy's waist, locking him in place. Both boys felt the butterflies erupt from this connection. Alex tilted his head to deepen the kiss but Jack pulled back. They stared at each other breathing heavily.

Alex cracked a smile, "Not so bad was it?"

Jack smiled back. "I guess not."

He licked his lips and stared at the boy on his lap. He was truly beautiful but then again so was Satan and he was tossed out of Heaven. Jack knew Alex wasn't evil but he wasn't sure if he trusted him just yet.

The kissing was great. Even with emotional scarring, he was still a teenage boy. He looked at Alex and instantly felt the urge to kiss him again. So he did.

He pulled Alex down to him and gave him another kiss, this one filled with more passion and less uncertainty. It went on for a little until the door closed downstairs.

"Alex honey! We're home!"

Alex groaned as he pulled away. His lips were flushed and wet, Jack's were the same way. He got off of Jack, reluctantly and held out his hand to pull the other up.

"Lets go meet my parents!" Alex smiled as he opened the door. Jack dropped his hand and Alex looked a little hurt.

"Wait. I can kiss you but not hold your hand?"

Jack rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm just a little overwhelmed right now."

Alex thought that over and nodded. "I'll take what I can get."

Jack smiled and followed Alex down the stairs to meet his parents. He hoped his parents weren't huggers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I've been gone for so long and I hope no one hates me! I've just had writer's block and prepping for the SAT. Sorry my dears and thanks for sticking with me!