Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 9

The dishes were clean and the boys were back in Alex's room. Jack was gathering his things and biting his lip while Alex watched from his position on the bed.

"What are you doing?"

Jack stopped his movements and glanced at the clock before he looked back to Alex. "Well....I should probably get home soon."

Alex pouted and crossed his arms like a child, "And if I don't let you leave?"

Jack smiled nervously, "You wouldn't do that."

Alex raised an eyebrow, "You sure about that?"

Jack studied him, trying to figure out if he was serious or not. Alex got up and walked up to Jack, keeping their faces close enough that Alex's next words caused their lips to brush. "Cant I convince you to stay?"

Jack's senses were in overdrive. He was torn between giving himself to this beautiful boy in front of him and the thoughts that once he let him take it to a certain point Alex wouldn't stop.

"Or you could come over? I'm sorry I just don't want to overstay my welcome."

Alex thought about, brushing his nose against Jack's. He pecked him in the lips before agreeing. Jack smiled and moved back to grab his bag. Jack saw how hard Alex was trying so he decided to step outside his comfort zone.

"You can spend the night if you'd like."

Alex practically squealed. He threw some stuff together while Jack watched with an amused expression.

When Alex was all packed he called his mom on his way out the door to explain where he would be.

He grabbed Jack and pulled him down the stairs, taking two at a time. Jack was purposely dragging his feet to give Alex a hard time. At the bottom Jack stopped completely causing Alex to stumble backwards. He fell on his ass and Jack couldn't contain his laughter.

At first Alex was upset but hearing Jack's laugh was the most precious thing to him. He stared up at him with a smile on his face as Jack was brought close to tears from laughing so hard. When he finally settled down, Jack noticed Alex staring at him.

He offered him a hand and pulled him right up and into his chest. "You have the most amazing laugh I have ever heard."

Jack blushed and tried to look down but Alex brought the other boy's chin between his fingers to keep his face in place.

"I wonder what else makes you laugh..."

He stood up on his tip toes and wrapped his arms around Jack's neck. Pulling him slowly closer, giving Jack many opportunities to back out or say no. Neither of those happened and Alex kissed Jack with all the gentle passion he could muster.

He tilted his head to deepen the kiss and flicked his tongue across Jack's bottom lip. Jack granted him access. Alex slipped his tongue in and explored the wet cavern, hands traveling down to the hem of Jack's shirt. He played with it and teasingly slipped his hands under it, sliding his hands across the smooth surface.

Jack let out a soft moan. Alex smiled against his lips as he slipped his hands around to run up his back. Alex wanted desperately to continue like this forever but he was the kind of guy who needed to know where he stood with someone. Maybe, asking Jack to be his boyfriend was a little too much but he just needed to know.

Grudgingly he pulled back. Jack was panting and his cheeks had a small amount of color. There was longing in those eyes but also a little bit of fear. He pushed their foreheads together and stared into those puppy eyes.

"Can I ask you something?"

Jack nodded, still trying to wrap his head around what just happened. He let Alex touch him, he almost let him take off his shirt and he didn't freak out. He was dazed and realized he misses what Alex had just said.

"I'm sorry what was the question?"

Alex looked nervous. "Will you...I mean do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Jack's eyes widened and he licked his lips. He didn't know how to respond. He was scared of the title because then he belongs to Alex, that thought alone was terrifying. But, looking into Alex's caramel eyes that held such adoration and patience made him think. Before he could respond Alex blundered on,

"I know you have trust issues but I promise that I'll spend every night proving to you that I wont hurt you. I'm starting to understand the touch thing too. No, I don't know why but I respect it. I'll stop when you want to stop and only go as far as you're willing to go. Please let me show you how it feels to be cared for."

Jack didn't have any words so he just kissed him. He wrapped his arms around the other's waist and lifted Alex onto the banister, causing him to giggle. "So I guess that's a yes?"

Jack pecked his lips, "You know I cant go fast. I cant give you what you want. At least not yet. So if you're truly willing to wait then yes but seriously think about it. Alex, I don't need someone to save me and I don't know how to do relationships. I get nightmares and become ridiculously clingy and then have days where I don't want to talk to anyone. So, if you're willing to deal with that then of course I'll be your boyfriend."

Alex just pulled Jack closer and wrapped his legs loosely around his waist. "I'm willingly to work through this. I like you Jack and I'm not letting you slip through the cracks."

Jack lovingly kissed his neck and pulled back, "So we should head over to my place."

"After you, boyfriend."

Jack smirked as Alex hopped off the banister, grabbing Jack's hand as they walked out the door and off to the Barakat household.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay Jalex is official!