Saviour

Nine

Anna walked out of the house groggily with her books in hand, and her purse hanging off of her shoulder. She had spent all night finishing her project.

Digging for the keys of the car, she couldn't wait until the paperwork came through with the insurance company for her Mom, it was a huge understatement to say she was becoming tired of driving her sister's little green bug around, she could barely fit into it. Not to mention, lately Liz had needed her own car because she and Jen had completely different schedules, other than both being on the swim team.

Finally finding the keys, she looked up to see the puny green car replaced in the driveway with Stiles' light blue jeep, him leaning on the door.

"Hey!" he gave her a goofy grin and a small wave. Anna giggled.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him.

"Your dad, I mean, step-dad said you might need a ride to school again." Stiles replied.

"Yeah, I guess I do." she said looking around for the Volkswagen, which had not been in the driveway.

"Alright, well, hop in." Stiles said, running around to the other side, and opening the door for her. She gave him a grateful smile before he shut the door.

The ride there was comfortable as they sat in silence with only the radio playing in the background.

Anna started to think. Think about how Stiles instantly lit up an entire room, with the way he scrunched up his face and opened his mouth wide every time he laugh, or the cute was he was always so fidgety, and adorably clumsy. He never failed to lighten her mood after a bad day with his sarcastic attitude and jokes.

What a transition, from San Diego to Beacon Hills. The warm beach, laying in the grains of sand and dipping her toes in the water, and when summer came, surfboarding everyday with the few friends she had.

Anna was never popular in school, she had a few good friends, but no one hated her either. She never gave herself a label such as a jock, or a nerd, or a prep. Everyone at her school mostly kept to themselves and minded their own business, there wasn't a lot of drama.

Kyle and Jamie were always popular though. Kyle was the quarterback of the football team and the captain, the guy that every girl wanted. Jamie was just a year younger than Kyle and Anna, and she and Kyle's girlfriend, Chantel Summers were co-captains of the cheer team. Though right before Anna left, Kyle and Chantel had broken up.

From the cozy little beach house, to the huge family home for five, Beacon Hills was a lot more to handle. There wasn't much for Anna to do, there weren't any beaches here where she could surf or swim, she didn't play lacrosse or run track, but she was grateful that she had made many friends on her first day.

The people at Beacon Hills High were much more distant from each other. No one liked talking to anyone that wasn't in the same clique as them. And she also had to admit, this town felt mysterious, and creepy. Maybe it was just the dark, shadowy woods surrounding it and knowing that they contained vicious animals, but she felt something else. She never really felt safe, except for when she was with her friends. The weirdest part was, the place she felt the least safe was when she was at home.

"Anna? Anna, are you okay?" Stiles looked at her worriedly. Anna looked over at him, snapping out of her trance.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking." Anna told him with a smile. Stiles grinned back, and Anna melted.

"Well you've been staring at my windshield since you got in the car, we're at school now." he chuckled.

"Oh. Right." she laughed awkwardly, picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder, hopping down from Stiles' jeep. "Thanks for the ride today."

"Oh yeah, no worries." Stiles replied, locking his car. "Just meet me at the front doors after school and I can give you a ride home if you need."

"Thank you so much Stiles, you really don't need to keep driving me like this, I can just walk next time." Anna told him.

"Hey, come on Anna. It's cool. I don't mind." he assured her. "I'm going to go talk to Scott before class starts, I'll see you in Chem."

Every time Anna looked at Stiles, it hurt to think about how much he liked someone else. And he didn't just like her, he was completely in love with her. Since third grade. There was no way that Anna would ever have a chance.

~

Derek angrily snatched up the keys of his car, on the verge of a transformation, Isaac following behind him. Speeding down the roads to the small neighbourhood of Beacon Hills, they got out of his car and trekked a bit further into the woods by a certain house.

"Hey! Alan!" Derek growled, looking around with Isaac standing closely behind. Alan appeared in front of Derek, looking confused. "What the hell is with the attacks? I told you that you could stay here as long as you didn't hurt anybody. Killing people and putting them in the hospital, is considered hurting them."

"What are you talking about?" Alan said, stepping closer. "I didn't attack anybody."

"So you're telling me that mountain lions and coyotes just attacked these hikers out of nowhere?" Derek asked him, not buying into it and looking over at Isaac.

Meanwhile, Anna, Allison, Lydia, Stiles & Scott had decided to study at Anna's house for their economics exam tomorrow.

"So basically, what you do is add the actual cost and the net cost together from there, and then-" Stiles began explaining the question to Anna. Scott cut him off.

"Did you hear that?" Scott looked around at them. Allison, Lydia and Stiles looked at Scott knowingly.

"It's probably just the washing machine. My mom put a load of laundry in before she left." Anna shrugged.

"Okay, well, I think it's coming from outside, I'm just going to um, make sure there's no mountain lions or anything out there. You know, with the curfew and the animal attacks and stuff." Scott said scratching the back of his head. Scott shut the front door behind him, hearing growls and clawing.

He walked around the house and started to walk to where the noises were coming from when he saw Derek on top of Alan, taking hits at Alan's face, Isaac trying to calm Derek.

"Derek! Derek stop! What are you doing?" Scott asked and shifted into wolf form, trying his hardest to pull Derek off of Anna's father.

Scott heard the crunching of leaves behind him and saw Stiles standing there, ready to help.

"What's going on?" Stiles said, running up to the scene.

"Okay, so do you think we'll have to memorize this section 4.8?" Allison asked, looking at Lydia and Anna. Lydia shrugged.

"I'm just going to go check if they're okay." Anna said, getting up.

"Oh, I'm sure they're fine!" Allison said, stopping Anna. "We should really get studying, we don't have a lot of time left before we have to go home!"

But it was too late, Anna had already left. Allison and Lydia looked at each other, getting up to follow her. Anna peeked around the corner of her house, in disbelief with what she saw.

"Derek, stop. Okay, we made an agreement!" Scott said, finally being succesful in pulling Derek away with the help of Isaac.

"Yeah, and the agreement was that he could stay as long as he didn't harm anybody, but he was the one who attacked those people in the woods!"

"I told you, I didn't attack them!" Alan exclaimed, still lying on the ground.

"D-D-Dad?"

"Rosanna."
♠ ♠ ♠
Anna Outfit
Jamie
Kyle

Thanks for reading, hope you like it! Don't forget to comment and subscribe!
~ Kennedy. xx