Striptease

Not Cutting It

Margo looked back at the dark eyed woman in front of her, her tan skin being unbelievably dark with glitter and make-up. Her toned body holding a bit of flab on her thighs that she wished she can get rid of, her yellow thong stretched across her ass and her bra pushing up her breasts to be appealing.

On rare occasions like these, her mind started to wander. What Ben said to her at his friend’s wedding…she didn’t think she would hear those words coming out of his mouth. He was scared and didn’t give a fuck? Who said those things? Someone that is so certain of his feelings and became so fearless within a short amount of time.

Still she was able to reel him back when she distracted him with her words. Margo did have a way with words, something more useful than using her body when it comes to people like Ben.

No.

There is no one like Ben.

He’s so different and enticing, every single part of him beckoned to her like a moth to a flame. No matter how much she wanted to push him away, telling herself that this will be the only time she will contact him in a while, she ends up calling him within minutes.

Taking a deep breath, she dusted herself off. All those thoughts will be in the back of her mind, they just had to. Slipping on her heels she sauntered on the ground floor scouring for extra cash. Naturally swaying her hips, she felt like because of the darken room most men can’t see the women’s faces unless on stage gave the strippers a bit more courage to give anyone a lap dance.

As she arched her ass to a paying customer her ears picked up a peculiar voice. Brushing it off as she twirled her hips, her hands coming dangerously close to the man’s crouch as she heard the voice again. As she felt the money being placed in her hand, her eyes darted around to only have her heart drop.

She can recognize the tall dark overly confident man anywhere. Cursing under her breath, she tried to move around to avoid being in contact with Lee. Her mind furiously tried to come up with something as she scrambled. Tapping on a fellow coworker’s shoulder she convinced the dancer to distract Lee so she can make a mad dash to the exit.

There is no way she is staying any longer. Margo did do a bit of overtime only because the watch she bought Ben broke her wallet and needed some extra cash for bills. That didn’t matter anymore as she saw the dancer walk up to Lee giving him a little show that he surely would enjoy.

Of course, she had to pay for Lee’s dance because the bitch of a dancer wasn’t going to do it for free. So her extra cash went to her. Margo bit her lip knowing it was worth it. She didn’t want anyone telling Ben what she did, she wanted to be the one to do so when the time came.

Ben never questioned what type of dancing she did and when she gave him vague answers, he settled for it. Quickly getting dressed she ran out of there having a sigh of relief when she reached her home without any incidents. Is this the first time Lee has been there? Will he come back? Margo couldn’t fear what he might do, men travel joint to joint so she doubts she will see him again, right?

Why is fear settling into her so quickly? Every glance and spin that she does whenever she’s at work always has her eyes wandering a little too much. She got numerous of people asking if she’s alright and as days past while giving herself a bit of space from Ben, she found herself in front of his flat.

Never mind that she still had glittered across her collarbone or that her make-up is a little heavier than most days and her high heels that have been giving her serious aches. Shifting on her posture, she knocked on the door and patiently waited.

When the door opened, she was met with an older woman. White hair pulled back into a lazy bun, sparkling blue eyes filled with curiosity and a friendly smile that was meant for strangers. The older woman spoke up first hoping to give the blond a clue that she was standing there speechless. “Yes? May I help you?”

Margo spluttered an apology, “Sorry, I was looking for Ben. Guess I knocked on the wrong door.” Her eyes wandered to the other numbers on the door to double check.

“What is your name, dear?” The older woman didn’t’ want to assume that this woman was in any acquaintance with Ben until she had some evidence. Didn’t want some disoriented girl in the living quarters.

“Margo.”

And just like that the older woman’s eyes shined even more, a sign of recognition. “My, you are the Margo my dear boy has been going on about! Please, do come in.” Margo’s eyes widened when she realized that she did have the right flat…it’s his mother that answered the door.

Oh no.

Her lips stretched out into a small smile as the older woman introduced herself, “I’m Wanda, Benedict’s mother if you didn’t catch it. You are a gorgeous thing, aren’t you?”

One thing Margo couldn’t handle is meeting someone’s parents especially out of the blue like this. It did serve her right for not telling Ben that she is coming over. For some reason parents always frightened her, the seriousness of any friendship or relationship grew after the test of meeting. She will say she is afraid of commitment.

“Thank you. You are lovely yourself.” It took a moment to remember Ben telling her that his parents were well known actors. Especially his mum, she could remember seeing Wanda on television as a child and now being escorted more liked pulled to the living room she spotted Ben and his father with a quirked brow.

“Ben! Look who came to see you!” Wanda is an overly happy woman, Margo thought.

Ben didn’t try to hide his reaction as he muttered her name immediately standing up and making his way to her. Flabbergasted, he’s tone of voice lowered as he introduced his father, “Father this is Margo, Margo this is my father, Tim.”

For a second her gaze left Ben’s as she shook the older man’s hand who held her hand with such tenderness. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Margo.” His soothing voice reminded her of Ben’s in some way, the way he carried himself and the gentle tone are definitely similarities.

“The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Cumberbatch.” Her rigid shoulders gave away her tense body as Wanda patted her shoulders attempting to help the poor girl relax. The way his parents are talking makes it seem like they knew something was going on. It wouldn’t surprise her in the slightest if Ben has gone to his mother and father for some advice.

If that is the case, that made her more nervous because now it will feel like she needed to make a decision and the right one or they might give her a hard time…especially Wanda.

Wiping off the sweat of her palms, she sheepishly responded with a tenderness she didn’t know she had, “I wouldn’t want to intrude any further. I didn’t know Benny had company over, I should get going.”

Wanda halted her backpedaling with a knowing look, “Nonsense! We spend plenty of time with Benny. Why don’t you join us for some tea and biscuits?”

It was then that Ben for the first time that he has known Margo blush for the first time, she didn’t go completely cherry red like he does, but her tinted pink cheeks gave some hint. Stammering with her words, he is in awe that Margo is capable of being shy. He didn’t think she had a shy bone in her body, but he guessed meeting his parents took her for a spin.

Margo was lobbed down beside Ben with his father sitting on the other side of him. Watching how uncomfortable she is, he took her hand in a way of comfort giving her a small smile when her eyes reached his.

“So, my dear. I hear you are a dancer.” Tim craned his neck to get a good look at the blond woman. “Are you working for a company, soloist or elsewhere?”

Twisting her hand away from Ben realizing that his father was glancing at the intertwined hands with a sparkle in his eyes, she cleared her throat just in time for Wanda to come back with the assortment. Wanda settled the cups in each of their hands while placing the sugar, milk and biscuits on the table.

“Whatever are you talking about?” Wanda pondered, tilting her head as her husband filled her in on the questions that are being asked upon Margo.

Licking her lips, she dug her nails into the cup. “I work for a small company.”

“Hmmm. What kind of dancing do you do? Any specialization?”

“All kinds, but I specialize in expressive dancing.” Ben kept giving her looks of astonishment possibly because whenever he asked the same questions he got vague answers. His parents kept firing questions at her and she easily answered all of them. Spending a few hours with his family, she excused herself to use the loo.

That time, Ben knew that at least his mother would give him her opinion on the girl.

“What a nice girl.” Tim thought softly.

“You think so?” Wanda raised her brow. “She seems a bit tense and not at all herself. Not quite the woman that you described when you told us about her.”

Ben tried to justify it by saying she was nervous, but his parents didn’t look like they bought it. “I think she’s hiding something. There is something about her that is off, not saying that she isn’t a good person just that she probably has a lot on her shoulders. Masking those emotions with her devil may care attitude.”

He listened to his mother letting her words sink in. Not wanting to believe what she is saying to him; he interjected with his own thoughts. “Everyone has their secrets, their doubts and fears, but I have seen the real her. What I told you about is the real her…I’ve never—felt like this with anyone before and I gladly appreciate your concern.”

His father sighed deeply, “Just be careful, Benedict. That’s all we want from you.” Tim knew of the heartache that his son has carried with him after the split of his recent ex-girlfriend. The boy wore his heart on his sleeve and having someone like Margo, a woman that kept him on his toes for this long is exciting to him. She’s different, intriguing and daring. Things that most men would want to know more about, but most of the time those women could lead them to a bigger heartbreak than they expect.

“I know. Thank you.” He muttered, hearing the footsteps coming around the corner. Margo gave everyone a smile as his parents stood up giving their pleasantries to her before taking their leave.

Once they were out the door, Ben could see the huge weight lifted off her shoulders. “I guess,” she voiced “I deserved that without giving you a ring first.”

“Well that and my father had a kick that there was unreasonable amount of glitter on your chest.” He pointed at the excessive amount dazzled on her skin. Margo paled looking down before a soft groan hit her lips, muttering a curse before looking up stating that his parents probably hate her. “Why would you think that?”

“Because…every parent does.” She shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal.

“They like you.” Margo scoffed. “What?” He honestly wanted to know what has crawled up her skin and died. She has been acting so differently lately ever since he openly told her how he felt about her.

Her eyes refused to meet his despite his efforts. “Like can easily turn to dislike. It’s like saying I’m on house arrest until I prove my worth which I understand because every parents especially a mother to her son is overprotective. My mum is the same with my brother.”

Margo kept her distance as Ben inched his way towards her stifling her struggle to create a gap between them. She could hear the soft crinkle of a smile on his lips as he playfully advanced on her while she dodged. The more she moved, the more he stayed upon her. Her steps became quick when she saw his arms open as if he was going to catch her.

That instant she cracked a smile when she dashed to the other side of the room, Ben tailing her. It only took a few moments for his arms to entrap her. Squealing in delight, a booming laugh came from him as it vibrated through his chest.

Blonde hair tussled as he flipped her over so his eyes reached hers. Those warm pools of honey brown that he adores so much with that outer ring of hazel that he can stared at for hours. It’s been far too long since he has been this close to her. With bated breath he confessed, “I’ve missed you.”

His heart beating faster as everything else felt deafening when he waited for her to respond. Ben knew she couldn’t fake those dilated pupils, the goose bumps that rose from her skin or how her eyes flickered to his lips more than once. “I’ve missed you too.”

There is nothing else to say. What can she say without sounding like a heartless bitch?

His eyes turning into mush like some kicked puppy as he questioned her, “Why won’t you let me in?” Both of them are aware of the walls that she has built up around her and most men disregarded it only seeing her as flesh to keep them warm at night and not to bring home to their family.

No one really treated her like Ben has.

That scared her so much that she fears that he wouldn’t be completely understanding with what she does. He’s so different from any man she has met and most men with the same qualities and high morals always looked down upon her profession. She gave flipped them the bird when they did so, but Ben…sweet as honey Ben. How can she ever disappoint someone like that?

It is the first time she felt a bit ashamed of what she did; the one time she wanted to shield a man no less from her profession because he deserved someone far better than her. Someone that is educated, well rounded, well-traveled, family oriented and well not her.

“I do let you in.” She whispered, so low in fact that her voice cracked. Looking into those colored eyes changing into a shade of green that she has never seen on a person…he didn’t believe her. Not one bit. Swallowing that large lump in her throat, “If I let you closer than this it will only get worse. After one secret there is always a darker one. Don’t open Pandora’s box, Ben.”

“Its times like these that makes me feel like I don’t know you. I would never judge you, Margo.”

“You will.” Margo nodded, fully well of what is going to happen. “I know it and stop pressuring me. I don’t probe you to let me in on your secrets.”

Just like that Ben snapped out of the phase of wanting to push her; feeling guilty for wanting to entice her to tell him her secrets when he hasn’t done it himself. There are things in himself that he rather keep for the time being. Pursing his lips, he apologized giving her forehead a loving kiss before enveloping her in another hug.

One of understanding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now that didn't turn out like I expected lol I started writing and turned into this. Well like I said before it will be close when things start to turn upside down.

Thank you for the recs and comments!!

a walking travesty;

BlueDreams

KristenMae89