Striptease

Day of Love

“Don’t you love Valentine’s Day?” The dreamy state it left Margo peaked Ben’s interest as he watch her swoon how the love filled holiday is quickly approaching. A deep wrench in his gut twisted painfully at the small reminder he is going to be spending it alone for the first time in years.

Ben always had his girlfriend to woo, to surpass his expectations every year and like clockwork always planned ahead. This year he had to stop himself from preplanning for the holiday and he had no idea what to do with himself. Feeling flustered and at loss for being single, oddly out of place like floating in outer space, he had to pull himself down to get use to the feeling of not having someone by his side all the time.

The small bump on his shoulder made him glance at the blond beside him, he isn’t alone now. Would it be odd to spend Valentine’s with her or did she have plans? Not once in their friendship have they struck up their relationship status leaving him somewhat hopeful that she didn’t rant about having a boyfriend.

Or possibly can she be one of those private women that rarely speaks of the man she dates?

“-the hearts and chocolates, oh the chocolates are my all-time favorite. Dark chocolate not that milk chocolate shit women fawn over. Give me the richy, melt in your mouth assortment and I will gladly spread my legs for you.”

A deep blush cross his features, Margo grinned as she linked arms with Ben with her chin on his shoulder, eyes sparkling, “Planning on spending the day with your lady?”

His breath hitched at the question, still sore the familiar ache pulsed through his heart; she recognized the distant look in his eyes, a small frown on his lips as he gently murmured, “Not this year.”

Margo pouted, “Why not? Is she not here? Oooo, maybe you have one of those foreign girlfriends? I don’t care what people say Americans are not that foreign the way they dress is a little baffling, but nothing too farfetched.” She paused dissecting his features and then it came to her, feeling incredibly stupid and not meaning to say the next thing out loud, “You don’t have a girlfriend.”

Bitterness, that is what he felt as he responded with politeness, “No, I don’t. You?”

“Me? Do I have a girlfriend?” Before he can fix his question, he is baffled by her answer. “Nah, we broke up a loooong time ago. Girls, they can be so dramatic, yeah?” she scoffed, rolling her eyes in the process of thinking of her ex.

Ben paused, is she…gay? Suddenly he felt all of his growing feelings disperse and before he can really throw away potential emotions he had to clear the air. “G-girlfriend? Are you…?”

Margo saw his struggle, chuckling at his bashful nature, is he thinking about her being with another woman? Wouldn’t surprise her if he is, lightly pecking his cheek, she soothingly said, “Don’t worry, Benny boy I swing both ways.” Giving him a wink, she stretched his arm out as she walked backwards. “Back to what I was saying, since we are both single why don’t we celebrate Valentine’s Day together?”

Valentine’s…together? It never occurred to him to celebrate a holiday that is usually meant for couples, the cliché of single people bitterly gazing at couples longing for a relationship of their own, indulging themselves in that pint of ice cream watching soppy movies and bawling their eyes out.

That’s what he pictured for his Valentine’s Day and every other single person out there.

Not knowing he openly questioned her plans, Margo stepped forward closing their distance from one another. “Yes, Valentine’s…together. It is a day about love, should it matter who is giving it to you? Love is universal, should be celebrated with family, friends, lovers, whatever. It’s sorta a tradition in my family, always send something to them. Send flowers to my siblings even my brother which I get a kick out of that.” She snickered.

Tilting her head in a curious manner, she asked, “Don’t you buy something for your mum? Flowers? Chocolates?”

“Of course, but I usually planning what I would do with my girlfriend.”

Margo hummed, “Well not this year, mister. You are going to be my Valentine and I’ll be yours, okay?” With one of her hands still laced with his, she raised her free one lifting her pinky for him to intertwine in a promise. Ben smiled at the seriousness she took this as he curled his finger around hers, softly shaking their fingers, she concluded, “It’s settled. We will not be alone this year or any other year, just because you aren’t dating someone doesn’t give you the liberty to be bitter towards others. Be grateful for what you have and good things will follow.”

“You are one hell of a woman, Margo.”

“I try.”

Spending the entire day with Ben is effortless, it’s a rarity when they were in a lull and as the day winded down, Margo and Ben had to part ways. “Work is this way, how about you?” Ben pointed in the other direction.

“Let me walk you.”

Scrunching her face, she shook her head, “Aren’t you in the starting role for some play?”

Ben pursed his lips despising the idea of letting her walk alone, “It will make me feel at ease to know you arrived safely.”

“Darling, I have been walking to work for several years now. I’ll be fine. I will ring you to tell you that I made it safely.” Still hating the idea, Ben opened his mouth to decline until he felt her lips at the corner of his mouth. Bewildered, he stood there like he has done plenty of times before as she repeated her promise. “Off you go, before you are late.”

She patted his bum playfully before heading in the opposite direction. Ben stood there watching her weave through the people down the street, her hips swaying did not give him the assurance that she will be alright. He will always hate himself for letting a woman walk on her own, but she strived for independence and just this once, he will let her have it.

Margo only had to walk a few blocks before seeing the blaring sign, Night Club, it may look filthy on the outside, but the interior, she dare say is wicked. Spotting one of the workers, she waved at him as he admitted her in, slipping through the doors; the place remained empty for the time being.

The girls for the night are dashing around trying to secure their spots for the night; waitresses are maintaining the décor and retouching anything out of place.

“Margo, there you are! Vladimir has been looking all over for you!” The worry waitress panted as she pointed a finger behind her to where their manager is residing. Margo only patted her shoulder to console the poor girl, Beth has only been working there for the past several months and she still worked up over nothing.

To ease Beth’s nerves, she walked towards the back, after smoke still lingering in the air as she stepped into his office. Lavished and completely posh compared to the clichés of having a dark room filled with pictures of naked woman plastered all over the walls. Vladimir smiled as he saw her walk through the door, opening his arms, “There’s my girl! Where were you? You can’t be showing up late like this. The club is about to open.”

“Sorry, I have duties prior to this. Please don’t be dramatic, Vlad, it doesn’t take me long to get ready.” She never understood why some women took so long to prepare for a dance that involved them taking off all their clothes in a sensual way. The clothes were prepared to be easily taken off and adding a little make-up is all there is to it unless that girl is a tacky dancer and adds glitter to the mix.

Vladimir isn’t pleased, “I don’t care. You still need to come in the same time the rest of the girls do or I will gladly give up your spot.”

Frowning at his warning, Margo would hate to be replaced from her spot. She remained one of the best and most requested, over the years she built a name for herself and she had several regulars. Margo busted her balls for the spot she has now and giving herself a quick reminder to leave earlier to maintain it will be enough for her.

Agreeing to his terms, she left. Replacing her day clothes for her night ones, slipping on her purple set before adding her barely there clothes, her body went into auto pilot as she got ready. Regardless of time, she was ready and when it was her time to step onto that stage, she did what she did best.

Margo never complained about her job, she loved it and its perks. The thrill of dancing in front of strangers, the lust and want from the men boosted her confidence, any of her flaws were diminished with their vigor and bearing it all became natural for her.

Sweat glistening down her back by the end of her set, she sent a wink to the crowd before she sauntered away with her belongings. Sitting down to recover, she pushed her hair back from her face, the blaring lights caused serious heat and with her bum sticking to the chair beneath her, she smiled at one of the workers as she set her basket filled with singles next to her.

Fishing her other set of clothing, she wiggled into them. Gathering her things, she collected her money and placed it in her bag before putting it in her locker. Kicking the door shut with her heel, she locked it and headed out towards the front where the men were.

Margo learned how to make a man feel special, telling him things he wanted to hear, have him believe that every fantasy he has isn’t impossible or stupid. She made men comfortable and obediently gave them well deserved lap dances when requested. If she can, she wins them over to get a private lap dance.

Her nights filled with smoke, drinks, and touching on her part, she felt accomplished when the club closed and the sun started to rise. Undies and bra stuffed with bills, she only smiled knowing she is that much closer to the security she wanted in her future.

When she arrived home, she called Ben again leaving him a message that she arrived home safely and he didn’t have to be a worry bug about it. Her lips stretched to a loud yawn when her body hit the mattress after a quick shower. Her dirty blonde hair darker from being damp and too lazy to blow dry, she closed eyes for a second.

She promised herself that she will get up and dry her hair before falling asleep, but with the feel of fuzzy socks on her feet, pink and white polka dot pajamas she ended up in a deep slumber.

Days flew by and suddenly one of her favorite days came. Valentine’s Day. Grinning from ear to ear, she danced around in her flat. Having this day to herself, yes she has spent the last few nights wearing the red number that made her feel like a vixen with stilettos while she worked the pole. But this feeling of contentment, to actually feel the love in the air pun intended.

Check listing that every delivery is made for today, she could not wait for her brother to leave her a whiny message of how a man shouldn’t get flowers for Valentine’s Day especially said man has a girlfriend. She doubted his girl would fuss over something so minuscule, but then again how would she know? Margo has only met her a few times.

Calling her mother as tradition calls and it only lasted a few minutes before she heard her father in the background. Amused at hearing words not so subtle, her mother’s voice hitched, it shouldn’t bother her she told herself and then the moan came…politely she excused her mother for her behavior wishing her a good day before hanging up.

Focus on Ben her Valentine for the day. It brought a smile to her lips just thinking about it. When Ben tried to iron out the details with her, Margo laughed at his natural state of planning things as if they were a couple. Softly reminding him that there are no expectations unless it was good quality take away and a movie.

That day she spent her time convincing him otherwise and quickly changing dressing casually to remove any romantic value. Braiding her hair mid-way through she heard the doorbell ring, scampering towards the door, she twisted her fingers into her hair to save her spot before opening it with the other.

Smiling brightly, she continued to braid her hair quickly seeing Ben looking flustered. Margo raised a brow when his arms were behind him, “What do you have there?” Heat spread across his cheeks as he shifted uncomfortably.

Stuttering, he coughed, “I, um I couldn’t help myself.” Simple, awkward words as he thrusted a dozen pink roses, “For you since you said red is too flashy.” A sincere smile appeared on his features then as he remembered the silly argument they had over the color of roses and what they meant. His heart pounded in his ribcage afraid that she will lecture him or turn him away because he decided to go against the rules and managed to buy something.

What he didn’t expect is Margo to coo, “Aww, Benny-Bear! You shouldn’t have.” Cradling the bundle in her arms, moving them to one arm she brought him into her home, her arm around his neck, shutting the door with her foot she kissed his cheek, lingering longer than necessary. “You are going to spoil me rotten, Mr. Cumberbatch.”

“Make yourself at home while I put these in a vase.” Pattering away, fuzzy socks still on, she slid into the kitchen as she opened every cabinet to find a vase. Finally finding a crystal vase, she filled it partially with water, trimming the stems; she placed them in arranging them in a beautiful fashion. “I know you like Thai because I already ordered.”

Ben grinned, “I can go for Thai. Are we going to eat ice cream and watch sappy movies?”

“It’s like we can read each other’s minds.” Narrowing her eyes, she snaked an arm around his waist dragging him towards the couch letting her body relax into his own. It didn’t take long for the food to arrive and the nerves bundling in his stomach didn’t ease him. Growing more nervous, he stuffed his mouth with food to avoid saying moronic things.

Good natured she listened to every single thing he said and regrettably heard every word uttered from his lips. A loud burp came from his lips, excusing herself out of politeness, it took him aback to see a woman not only burp, but laugh about her actions instead of hiding her face in embarrassment.

Wiggling her toes that were sitting across his lap, she dangled noodles above her mouth slowly swirling a few strands into her mouth. Playfully she will bite inch by inch before pulling on a strand, slurping the remains leaving sauce around her lips. It was then he noticed that her toenails were painted white with red hearts painted on the big toes while her fingernails were lavished in red and white.

Once they were done, she rolled out of her comfort zone and popped in the first movie of the day. Ben almost rolled his eyes at the obvious first choice, “I shouldn’t say I should be surprised that you like Love, Actually yet I say I’m baffled.”

Margo chuckled, “Who doesn’t love this movie? It’s adorable, cheesy and brilliant. Just wait, the longer you stay the cheesier the movie.” Leaning her head against his stiff shoulder, she could care less at his obvious awkwardness as she snuggled closer. He will have to get used to her touches, Margo is a touchy person he came to gather and when she started to play with his fingers while watching the movie, his train of thought broke.

Difficult to concentrate on the film, her soft smooth fingers grazing his rough skin sending waves of pleasure down his fingers to the rest of his body; he cannot imagine any place he could be than here with her. That night she made him realize that spending Valentine’s Day with a friend isn’t as pathetic as he first thought.

He actually had fun, loads of fun even if the movies got cheesier by the end of the night, stuffing their face with Chocolate Chip ice cream and Margo tearing up at every climatic scene. He held her closer during those scenes offering her comfort and she graciously accepted it. Pressing his lips against her head, he smiled into her hair happy that he didn’t bail on this day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I make this light instead of the typical female lead hating Valentine's Day for being lonely, so cliche. Hope you enjoyed it!!!

I like to wish everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day, a day to celebrate the ones you love.

For the wall of amazingness for commenting,

BlueDreams thank you so much for your beautiful and sweet words, love you so much sis <3