Status: Another Jalex one-shot, I hope you all liked it!

The Beach

1/1

"Jack, hurry up! Everyone's down at the beach already and you're still fixing your hair!" The elder called out to his boyfriend of two years.

Jack sighed and left the bathroom, walking the short distance down the hallway and to the angry brunette by the door.

"Why do you feel the need to spend so much time on your hair when we're going swimming anyway?" Alex asked, following Jack out of their shared apartment and locking the door behind him. Jack was waiting by the car, and had his eyebrows raised.

"I'm not the only one who spends ages on their hair, ya know" Jack said, and Alex grinned, his shoes slapping against the pavement.

The topic of hair preparation was dropped as soon as both boys got in the car and drove to the beach, where a group of Alex and Jack's friends were for the day.

"You put sunscreen on, right Lex?" Jack asked, still looking out the window, watching the houses go past. Alex slapped himself mentally because he totally forgot, and Jack turned around, expecting an answer.

"I put sunscreen on, Jack, don't worry." Alex lied, and saw Jack nod, looking back out the window.

They arrived a few minutes later, walking over the soft slopes and down to where the others were already running around and swimming. It was over a hundred degrees in Baltimore, and the boys instantly felt the sun beating down on them.

They set two towels and a football down, and shrugged off their shirts and shoes, already wearing bather shorts, and running over to join the others.

"Hey Alex, I'll race ya to the water!" Jack called, and the elder grinned, and ran to the edge of the water, laughing when the two kicked up water as they stepped into it.

"Hey guys!" Rian called out, and the two boys turned to see him walking down the sand. "Wanna play football?"

The day was spent laughing, drinking sugary soda - because they couldn't bring booze to the beach - and swimming. There were a few underwater kisses shared between the couple, and as Alex had predicted, Jacks hair had gone flat.

"See you guys later!" Alex called out as they left, walking over the hot sand back to their car. Jack had his towel on his head, shaking it like crazy trying to dry it.

"You're gonna give yourself a concussion if you keep shaking your head like that." Alex grinned, placing their stuff in the boot and draping his towel over his seat. He winced as he sat, already feeling the affects of the sun burn that is going to appear. Jack put his towel on the seat as well, and grinned at Alex.

"Would you rather I tie the towel around my head and look like a stay-at-home mum?" He asked, and Alex couldn't help but laugh.

*

The cold water hit Alex's back and he sighed. No way could he handle a hot shower right now, not with his back being as sun burnt as it was.

After he finished the shower, and got dressed, he wondered into the kitchen and saw Jack making a sandwich. With one look at Alex he laughed and shook his head.

"You didn't put any sun screen on, did you?" Jack chuckled, and folded his arms, a smirk on his face. Jack was pink on his nose and a little across his cheeks, but no where near as badly burnt as his boyfriend.

Alex shook his head, and Jack sighed, walking out of the kitchen, taking Alex with him. He led the brunette back to the bathroom, and grabbed the bottle of Aloe Vera out of the cupboard.

"Shirt off, if you please." Jack instructed, and Alex nodded, shrugging off the shirt and placing it on the counter. "Turn around."

Alex didn't say anything as he turned, and Jack cursed.

"Alex, you're an idiot."

Alex sighed as Jack put the Aloe Vera on his back, covering all the red areas. He made sure to not rub too hard, and kept covering Alex until he was basically coated in it.

He could hardly feel the burn on his skin when Jack was done, and he looked up at his boyfriend, grinning. Jack's hair was going wavy from the salt water, and he reached for a towel from the cupboard, indicating that he was going to have a shower.

"You're amazing" he breathed, and kissed him softly on the lips.

"I don't need reminding" Jack smirked as they separated.

"Sorry for lying about not putting on sunscreen, Jack" Alex said as he left the bathroom, and he heard Jack laugh.

"Any excuse to feel my boyfriends body is ok with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got requested this story, idk if its what the person wanted, and its not very fluffy but oh well, I like it so here it is. I hope you guys like it too! xxxx