‹ Prequel: Anything but Ordinary

Beyond the Ordinary

1/1

(Kay's POV)

“One day to go!” Bam Margera shouted at me and my fiance, Chad Ginsburg, as we entered his house. Looking at Chad, the jackass said, “Are you ready to join the ranks of the married men?”

Chad rolled his eyes, but I could see that he wanted to smile. The thought of our impending marriage was exciting to us both. “If marriage does to me what's happened to you, I don't want any part of it.”

Bam's eyebrows came together in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Where did your balls go, Bam?” Chad asked next.

Aimee Margera, formerly McCluskley, laughed from the couch when Bam's mouth dropped open. She and Bam had gotten married on their third anniversary last January. The couple had decided that since Bam's previous marriage to Missy had been a televised event, they were going to do a small gathering in Finland. It was a beautiful ceremony and ever since that day, Aimee had been glowing.

In response to Chad's question, I elbowed him in the chest, but couldn't help the giggles that escaped my throat. He was too much at times. Bam shook his head before turning to me. I bit my lip to keep from laughing again.

“Ignoring your asshole husband to be, is the menu finalized?” Bam asked, all business. The wedding was going to take place at the Note and Bam's mother, April, with the help of some of her friends, was catering the event.

“Everything's been finalized down to clothing, guests, food and drinks- which will be served by the fabulous bartenders, Abigail Remington and Bethany Raab.” It'd been a year since Beth and Chris' wedding. The very wedding I had gotten engaged at. I paused as I realized something was missing. “What about the music? Did you get the band I asked you to?”

Bam smirked at me and by the look on his face, I knew he'd come through for me. “Do you even have to ask? You're like a sister, Kay. Of course I got them.”

I squealed and clapped my hands together in joy. This wedding was going to be everything I'd ever wanted. I just hoped Chad was going to approve of it as well.

“When is your mother coming in?” Aimee asked, setting aside her Kindle to join the conversation.

“Tonight.” I left Chad's side to collapse beside Ames on the couch. “She wants to help with every little bit she can.”

“Is she going to help Ape?”

“That's not a bad idea.” I said with a smirk forming. “It'll keep her out of my hair for a little while. Plus I might be able to convince Carina to go help her and kill two birds with one stone.”

Aimee laughed at that. “So you've been thinking about this.”

“Only a little.” I admitted. My younger sister, Carina, was a menace on the best of days and an absolute terror on the worst. Getting her out of my hair was the best thing I could do to save my wedding day. It didn't help matters that she was dating one of the worst jokers in history, Jimmy Pop.

“Babe?”

Chad's voice pulled me from my thoughts. Glancing at him with a smile on my face, I saw the worried look he'd had disappear. “Yeah?”

“Where is your mother staying?” He asked, a hint of uncertainty in the question.

“Don't worry. She's staying with Car. I've already handled it.”

Chad appeared to relax again and turned to Bam to talk about God knows what. I returned my gaze to Aimee. She looked on the verge of laughter.

“What?” I asked, unsure of what was so funny.

“He looked so terrified at the thought of Deidre staying with the two of you. Poor Chad.” Aimee chuckled as the guys disappeared to the bar. “He's still afraid of your mother?”

“I don't know why.” I said honestly.

“Is it because your dad isn't around? Maybe he is afraid Deidre is going to pull out a gun and threaten him or something.”

The whole image of my mother with a gun floated through my mind and it made me laugh. “If he's seeing that in his thoughts, I'd be afraid too.”

***

“That was probably the best wedding ceremony I've ever been to.” Bethany Raab exclaimed as Chad and I walked to the counter where she was bar-tending. Glancing at the patrons already seated at the bar, Beth cringed. “Sorry Kelly.”

Kelly Barker smiled. “No offense taken. I actually agree with you. My wedding to Dan only trumps this one in the fact that Heather could get wasted.”

Our friend, Heather DiCamillo, wife to Brandon DiCamillo and pirate extraordinaire, revealed that she was already pregnant with her second child. Her son, Bruce Edward, had been born in Augustof the previous year and was nearing fourteen months. Heather had revealed to all of us a month ago that she was once again expecting a child.

I laughed. “It's very sad that Clubby can't drink for another seven months.”

“It is.” Kelly said, but I could tell she liked watching Clubby have to function as a normal human being for once. “But it's even better that she hasn't drank a glass of alcohol since months before Beth's wedding. I'm just ecstatic.”

Grabbing my beer, I handed the second to Chad who stood behind me in his wedding attire. The whole ceremony and reception had been designed by Seth Meisterman. I had told him a month ago I wanted The Rocky Horror Picture Show as the theme and he'd worked his magic to make it a reality. It had turned out amazingly. Chad had decided that he couldn't be anyone, but Eddie, so I, in turn, dressed up like Columbia. I had cut my hair into short pixie hairstyle a few months previous to the wedding so it fit with the image perfectly. The costume was handmade and I couldn't be happier with the finished product. Our bridal party had ended up including Aimee as Magenta, Deron as Riff Raff, Dico as Brad, Heather as Brad's woman, Janet, Novak in a full Frank N. Furter costume and my sister, Carina, in a female Rocky Horror costume. The only way my mother allowed Carina to come to the wedding was that she had to wear a full set of clothes instead of the bra and shorts she planned on wearing. So now my sister was dressed in a glittery gold dress and knee-high boots. Her blond hair was left down and she had sprayed herself with bronze tinted paint giving herself a fake tan. I thought it was hilarious.

Fixing my top hat, I scanned our guests and wanted to laugh. On the invitations to the wedding, I'd specifically told everyone that they had to dress up like a person from the Time Warp scene of the movie. People were dressed with huge sunglasses, tap shoes and silly hats. It was a sight.

“You know what you've done here, right?” Chad asked as he put his head on my shoulder and looked at our guests with me.

“An amazing memory?”

Chuckling, Chad shook his head. “A freak show.”

I rolled my eyes. He was such an ass at times. “You love it.”

The feel of his chin leaving my shoulder was suddenly switched to his hands turning me to face him. A serious look had come upon his face. “I love you.”

I smiled at him knowing the man was overly dramatic at times. “And I love you. It's why we got married today. Now enjoy yourself. We deserve this.”

With a devilish grin, Chad grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd to the stage where Ville Valo and the guys of HIM were setting up to perform. This was Bam's wedding present to us and although Chad wasn't particularly fond of the Finnish band, I was and he knew it.

Ville approached the microphone dressed as Dr. Everett Scott from the movie. I smiled up at him and nodded. He put his focus on the crowd surrounding my new husband and I before he started to speak. “If I could everyone's attention, I would like to make the bridal party announcements.” The crowd quieted as Ville prepared to do what I had asked of him. “It is my honor to introduce you to the Ginsburg bridal party. First we have Brandon and Heather DiCamillo.”

Heather, dressed in a reserved dress, came onto the stage on the arm of her husband, who was carrying their fourteen month old son on his hip. Everyone clapped and Heather, who was always one for a show, bowed as far as she could before turning her eyes to the Finnish singer. Then she stared.

I knew Heather unnerved him, but Ville held his composure and continued. “Ehem- next we have Carina Brannigan and Brandon Novak.”

Claps turned to laughs at the sight of Novie and Car in their costumes. I had to admit, however, the Novak made a good Frank N. Furter.

“Next we have the matron of honor and the best man: Aimee Margera and Deron Miller.”

Deron, dressed as Riff Raff, was another great thing to see although it was frightening that it didn't take much prodding for the man to agree to his costume. Aimee, on the other hand, had teased her normal burgundy hair to match the crazy hairstyle of Magenta. Not only was I newly married to the man I loved, but my best friend was married to the man of her dreams. Bam and Chad were the men who made our lives worth living.

“Finally- I'd like to introduce the bride and groom. Everyone please help me in welcoming Chad and Kristin Ginsburg.”

The claps turned to enthusiastic shouts at us climbing the stage. Waving at our family and friends, I couldn't help, but notice Abbey Remington sitting with Chris and Bethany Raab at the bar watching. The Raabs' eight month old daughter, Esme, was bouncing on Chris' lap. Eva Chapman and her boyfriend, Rob Alloway, were at the edge of the stage with Megan Wong and Amid Harjo. Dan and Kelly Barker were occupying a table with Debbie Gabrione and my younger brother, Greg. Jesse Margera, his wife Kelly and my mother were keeping Christina Eddison, our newly redeemed friend, from getting too hammered. Chad's parents and sister were sitting at their own table with smiles on their faces. Jimmy Pop and Bam Margera were side stage waiting to crash our little announcement.

Chad and I took the microphone from Ville and faced the crowd. Together we wished our family and our family of friends good health and much love and happiness for years to come. We drank to the toast and those who couldn't drink because of impending baby births, which was oddly spreading like wildfire, drank sparkling juice. Glancing at Beth, I noticed Chris had leaned closer to her so that the arm that wasn't holding their daughter was around her waist. A small smile appeared on my face as I watched him place the hand on her stomach.

And they thought they could keep it a secret.

Ville began to sing his very own rendition of the “Time Warp” with Deron and Aimee adding in their own vocals. Pulling Chad to the side of the stage enough where he'd be able to hear me over the music, I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“What was that for?” He asked with a slight smile. “We're married now. You know you can kiss me in public.”

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. “I love you.”

A goofy expression appeared on his face. “I thought we went over this before. I love you too.”

I shook my head, feeling a battle coming on. “But I love you more.”

Chad raised his eyebrows. “Is that a challenge?”

I shrugged and turned as if to walk away from him. The next thing I knew I was being carried off stage on Chad's shoulder. “Where are we going?”

“I'm going to teach you a lesson, Mrs. Ginsburg.” Chad chuckled as the music faded away as we exited of the building. “I'm going to teach you that very same lesson for the rest of our lives.”

I was looking forward to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a one shot sequel to my 150 chapter cowrite with IrishFighter96 and Goldgirl15, "Anything but Ordinary". Hope everyone enjoyed it!