‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 10

They stared at each for a few minutes before he broke the silence.

"What's wrong Karen?" He asked. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

She glared. "No." She said turning around and coming face to face with Michelle.

"Look at what two years has done to us." She said. "I'm still young and fit while you've gain a few pounds and look at those wrinkles you're getting."

"Bitch." Karen said walking pass her and to the drivers side.

She opened the door only for it to he closed by Brian.

"So rude you're not gonna socialize with us Karen." He said. "After all we did come all the way here to see you and my pups."

"They're not pups they're kids." She said.

"Really?" Michelle said sniffing. "Cause they sure smell like a couple of mutts."

Karen got close to her face. "Don't ever call my kids mutts."

"Well look at you." Zacky said eyeing Abby. "You've changed so much."

"And you haven't changed at all." She said.

Zacky chuckled. "Hard to change when you're lying dead and charred in a morgue."

She smirked. "And you should've stayed there."

"Not nice Abby we all missed you." He said.

"I'm sure you did." She said. "Cause y'all can't become indestrucible and rule humanity without us."

"Why would we want that when we can have the other option on the table?" Brian said eyeing the twins who were observing the five of them.

"You're not gonna get my kids!" Karen yelled shoving him.

"I'm sure our pups have already experience the qualities of the wolf." He said. "I can sense my blood running through them."

"It's not only your blood." Karen said. "It's also my blood which is getting stronger within them."

"I'll soon change that." Brian said as his eyes flashed briefly to wolf form.

"Mommy is everything okay?" Mina asked rolling down the window.

"Everything's fine Mina roll the window back up." She said. "Now!"

"So my girl is named Mina?" Brian said walking over to the car.

Karen tried to block him but Michelle pinned her down along with her arms. Abby struggled as Zacky held her.

Brian placed a hand on the window Mina scooted away from it.

"Hello Mina do you know who I am?" Brian asked.

She shook her head. "No."

"I'm your daddy." He said.

"You're our daddy?" Brody asked.

Brian nodded. "Yes what's your name buddy?"

"Brody." He said.

"Where have you been all this time?" Brody asked. "And why does that lady and guy have mommy and Auntie Abby pinned?"

"Because they were going to hurt us." Brian said.

"Why?" Brody asked.

"Cause your mommy and Auntie don't like me and they don't want me around you and your sister." He said.

"Why don't they like you?" Brody asked.

"Brody don't talk to him!" Karen gasped as Michelle pressed on her windpipe.

"Because your mommy was mad at me for getting her pregnant with you and your sister." He said.

Brody's eyes widen. "Mommy is that true?"

Karen could only gasped as Michelle pressed down harder.

"It's true." He said. "She didn't want y'all but I'm here to take you away cause your daddy wants and love y'all." "All you have to do is open the door."

Brody got out his seat and reached for the lock. "No Brody." Mina said hitting his hand.

"Mina honey let me in." Brian said.

"No you're a bad man and a liar." She said glaring.

"You see Brody?" Brian asked. "Your mom has been lying for so long that your sister believes her lies."

"No Brody." Mina said. "Mommy's not the liar he is." "We're not opening the door."

Brian's eyes flashed. "If you won't open it I will." He said growling.

Brian ripped the door off as he grabbed for them Mina held her hand up sending him flying across the parking lot.

"The hell?" Zacky asked.

This proved enough of a distraction for Abby to hit him with a fireball. He yelled and ran. Karen headbutted Michelle and froze her in place.

"Let's go quick!" Karen said fixing the door back on.

As Abby opened her door she looked up hearing a low growl. "Valary." She said looking at the tiger as it licked her lips.

Abby couldn't move as Valary pounced. "Leave her alone!" Mina said making a puddle of water rise and hit Valary.

Valary fell back in human form sputtering and shook the water off. Abby smirked as she glared.

"Damn child's a pain in the ass just like her mother." Valary said as Abby got in the car.

Karen pulled out but the car was stopped. Abby looked in the rearview mirror and gasped as Matt came to her side of the window.

He pulled up his glasses. "Hello Abby."

"Drive now!" Abby yelled.

Karen tried to but Zacky and Michelle held the car up. "Now give me the kids." Brian said.

"We're not going with you!" Mina said.

"I'm gonna have to spank that sassy mouth off of you." Brian said. "Now you be a good little girl and get out with your brother."

"No!" Mina yelled as the ground started shaking.

"What the fuck?" Matt said stepping back.

They all looked up. "The hell is that?" Zacky said as a shape flew towards them.

The thing came down and pulled its wings back revealing a firebird.

"Shit!" Michelle yelled as it started spitting fireballs at it.

The four in the car watched as Avenged ran off. "Where did it come from?" Abby asked.

"I called it." Mina said.

"How did you?" Karen asked turning to look at her.

"Using magic and my necklace." Mina said.

Karen smiled. "That's good you can do that at how young you are."

"Now can you call it off?" Abby asked as it got in front of the car looking at them.

Mina laughed. "It won't hurt us." "Don't you recognize her Auntie Abby?"

"Her?" Abby asked and looked into its eyes.

She gasped. "Charlie?" She said.

Charlie appeared to form a smile with her beak. "How did you get like that Charlie?" Karen asked.

"I'll tell you when we get home." She said. "Let's go I'll fly above y'all."

Karen nodded and restarted the car and pulled out. As they drove home...

"Mina why didn't you open the door for him?" Karen asked. "How did you know he was bad?"

"I just got a feeling that daddy is a bad person mommy and that he hurt you and Auntie a long time ago." Mina said.

"Is daddy really a bad person mom?" Brody asked.

"Yes honey your daddy is a very bad evil man." Karen said.

They arrived home to find the others waiting. "Thank God" Ashton said hugging Abby. "Charlie told us what happen we were worried."

"We made it okay." Abby said. "Thanks to Charlie and Mina."

"Yeah we heard that she kicked Brian's ass." Johnny said with a grin.

"Watch your language around my kids." Karen said. "Y'all help get the groceries in."

After the food was in and put up everyone settled in the living room.

"Now care to explain how you made yourself into a firebird Char?" Abby asked.

She nodded. "Today I went to some to some of the elders and medicine people." She said. "To talk to them about bestowing me with a temporary gift."

"A gift of shapeshifting?" Karen asked.

Charlie nodded. "That's why I was gone early this morning it's better performed at dawn." "Cause it's still partially light and dark."

"But how a firebird?" Abby asked. "They're of Russia and you're part Native American."

Charlie smiled. "Cause there we have elders all around the world and that includes Russia."

"How did Mina manged to call you though?" Karen asked.

"Come here Mina." Charlie said picking her up as she came over. "Cause Mina has the gift to call on animals and guardians for help when needed and I just sensed that y'all were in trouble." "But Mina gave me the location."

After the kids were put to bed they started talking. "Kay now what?" Ashton asked.

"All we can do is prepare more." Charlie said. "More for Brody though based on what she did tonight Mina is a little overachiever in magic."

"How can she be so powerful at only two?" Valay said running the blow dryer over her hair.

"Isn't it obvious they've been training those kids." Zacky said wincing as Jimmy put cream on his burned back. "And the witch gene is more dominant in Mina."

"But I didn't see Brody doing magic." Valary said.

"Maybe he can't not on his own at least." Michelle said a smile forming. "Cause the wolf gene is more dominant in him then it is in Mina." "Plus he looked more willing to go with you."

"Then Brody's the one we're bringing to the dark side." Brian said with a grin.