‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 11

"How you feeling Abby?" Karen asked the next morning.

"Okay." Abby said yawning and closing her eyes.

"Didn't get a lot of sleep last night didn't you?" Charlie asked observing her.

"No." Abby admitted. "I'm so worried about Avenged that I couldn't sleep a wink."

"Then we should get you back to bed." Ashton said picking and carrying her to her room.

"Ash I'm okay really." She said yawning again as he layed her down.

"No you're not." He said. "You get some sleep I'll be here if you need anything."

Abby smiled sleepily. "Thanks."

"No problem babe." He said kissing her forehead then walked out closing the door.

"Abby is knocked out I'm assuming?" Karen asked as he walked back into the kitchen.

Ashton nodded. "Out like a light." "She's exhausted."

"We're all exhausted and tense." Charlie said.

"Then we should make you less tense." Johnny said grabbing her hand. "Come on."

"Where we going?" She asked confused.

"Out for some stress reliever." Johnny said. "We're going to the beach."

"Will y'all be okay?" Charlie asked the other two.

"We'll be fine Char go have fun." She said with a wink.

Charlie laughed and followed Johnny out the house. "You should go relieve some stress too Karen." Ashton said. "Go take the kids out."

"I shouldn't not alone and not with Avenged trying to get them." She said.

"You'll be fine and based on what y'all said if they try something you got your whoop ass daughter there to help you." He said.

She laughed. "I guess we'll be okay." "What about you and Abby?"

"We'll stay here for today besides she need her rest." He said.

"Okay then I'll get the kids ready." She said walking pass him.

After the kids were dressed and ready to go they walked to the door.

"Bye Uncle Ash." Mina said.

"Bye cutie." He said waving. "Y'all have fun."

"We will." They said running to the car.

"See ya later." Karen said closing the door behind her.

Ashton watched and waved to them as they pulled out and drove away. "Alone at last." He said making his way to the couch and passing out.

Abby watched as the familiar white light symbolizing her mother came forward. "Mom what's wrong?" She asked noticing her expression.

"The danger is greater and they're more deadly." Her mom said.

"We know mom we've been preparing." Abby said.

Her mother shook her head. "Y'all didn't anticipate this though." She said.

"Anticipate what mom?" She asked.

"They're all around you Abby everywhere but you need to figure it out." Her mother said.

"Figure what out mom?" Abby asked.

Her mom started fainted. "Who do trust and not trust." She said as she vanished completely.

"Abby wake up." Ashton said shaking her awake.

She sat up gasping. "What happened?"

"You were tossing and turning alot." He said. "And you're sweating what did you dream about?" He asked holding out a glass of water.

She took it drinking it. "It was mom again Ash she was warning me again."

"What about this time?" He asked.

"She said that Avenged is stronger and deadlier than they were." She said. "Then before she vanished she said something else."

"What?" He asked.

"She said I have to figure out who not to trust." Abby said.

"Can we get ice cream mommy?" Brody asked.

"Sure." She said as they walked along the boardwalk and to the ice cream parlor.

As they walked out. "Mommy look." Mina said pointing.

Karen looked and tensed seeing Brian and Michelle on the other side. "To the car quickly." She said grabbing their hands.

As they walked Karen glanced and saw Brian and Michelle everywhere it seemed like. Shaking her head they managed to get to the car.

As she unlocked the door she was turned around coming face to face with Brian.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"My kids give them to me and we'll leave y'all alone." He said.

"Never." She said.

Brian growled then yelled in pain falling to the ground. "Leave my mommy alone." Mina said then shoot a fireball at Michelle who dodged it.

"Damn brat." She said reaching for her but was hit by a rock in the head.

She turned and laughed at Brody who barely managed to lift another up. "Leave my mommy and sister alone."

Michelle laughed. "This is too cute."

"I'll say." Karen said and punched her with an ironc fist sending her flying into a pole.

"In the car quick." Karen said as they all got in and drove away.

"Did I do good mommy?" Mina asked.

She smiled. "Yes honey you did very well."

"What about me mom?" Brody asked. "I hit her with a rock."

"Yes you did well also." She said.

"How much longer till we begin the changing?" Valary asked. "I want the bitch vamped out now."

"Patience." Matt said kissing her. "She'll be vamped out real soon."

Abby looked up as Ashton arrived back with some snacks. "Thanks babe." She said then raised an eyebrow. "Wine?"

"Yeah we haven't had a glass in a while." He said pouring some.

"I don't know Ash." She said.

"Come on loosen up." He said holding it out.

She smiled. "Okay." She said taking it and they clicked glasses.

Abby drank some. "This tastes exquisite where'd you get it?" She asked taking another sip.

"I know someone." He said drinking his.

Abby finished her wine and poured another glass. As she drank her fourth glass she began dizzy.

"You okay Abby?" Ashton asked setting the glass down.

"I don't...

Before she could finish Abby fell to the floor unconscious.