‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 15

Karen got up early the next morning as the first signs of dawn approached. Getting up she got dressed in a pair of shorts along with a hoodie and sneakers and put her hair in a ponytail.

She walked out her room and walked to Abby's room. Through the dim light she heard Abby breathing softly. She walked over and squatted next to her sister.

"What are you doing up so early?" Abby asked sleepily.

"Me and Charlie are going to the mountains so the elders can give me the gift of temporary shapeshifting." Karen said.

Abby was fully awake now. "Karen are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I'm positive I think it'll help both Brody and Mina with their wolf hertiage." She said. "But I have to be a wolf myself to help them understand and come to terms with it."

Abby thought about it. "That makes sense just y'all be careful while y'all are out."

"We will." She said. "How are you feeling?"

"Really thirsty." She said sipping the last of the raw meat blood from the cup.

Karen took the cup and walked into the kitchen squeezing the ground turkey blood into the cup then walked back to Abby's room.

Abby wrinkled her face at the taste. "Tastes like shit but it helps some."

"I promise Abby we're gonna find some way to reverse this." Karen said.

"I hope so." Abby said before going back to sleep.

Grace came in and whined before jumping on the bed next to Abby. Karen chuckled as Grace licked the blood off Abby's cheek. Abby reached under the covers scratching her head.

"You stay here and watch Abby." Karen said.

Grace barked and licked her face before laying next to Abby. Karen got up and giving Abby a final glance she left the room.

"You ready?" Charlie asked.

"Let me give the kids a kiss." She said quietly opening their door.

Walking in Karen wiped Brody's bangs to the side before giving him a kiss. Then she walked over to Mina who woke up.

"Where you going mommy?" She asked.

"Me and your Aunt Charlie are going somewhere to do something that will hopefully help us." She said.

"More magic?" Mina asked.

Karen nodded. "We'll be back soon and you and your brother take care of Aunt Abby while we're gone."

"Okay mom." Mina said hugging her. "I love you."

"I love you too sweetie." She said kissing her forehead before leaving.

"Let's go." Karen said.

Karen watched as the landscape became filled with trees until she saw the top of a mountain above it. Charlie drove up a road on the side of it till she got to a place where there was smoke.

Getting out they approached to find sixteen people around a fire. There were eight men and eight women. They were all wearing various witchy and Indian clothing they had the paint on their faces and they were chanting.

"You've returned earlier than usual Charlie." One of the men said. "And you've brought a visitor as well."

"Yes Elder Amos this is Karen." She said.

"Karen is the one along with her sister helped you defeat the cold ones." A woman said.

"Yes Elder Quinn as you know the cold ones are back." Charlie said. "And Karen wants the gift of shapeshifting."

"She wants this gift to defeat the cold ones?" Elder Amos asked.

"Not only that but my children are part wolf." Karen said. "I think if I was a wolf even for a short time I could help them with it."

The Elders talked amongst themselves before Amos stood up.

"Dawn is almost gone so lets begin." He said.

Abby sat on the couch a hand on her forehead as she watched the twins play. She groaned as their jungular veins became prominent.

Getting up she went into the kitchen and grabbed a pack of steaks squeezing the blood in a cup before going back into the living room.

Her face wrinkled at the taste of the blood. Then Mina came over concerned.

"How you feeling Aunt Abby?" She asked.

Her eyes focused on Mina's heartbeat and her eyes changed she licked her lips. She shook her head seeing Mina's face and realizing what she was doing.

"I'm fine Mina go play with your brother." She said.

Mina nodded and went back to Brody. Abby got up going into the bathroom and splashed her face. She looked seeing the red overriding her natural eye color.

"I'm getting worse." She whispered.

Karen layed perfectly still as the Elders waved their hands over her body chanting. Then one dipped their fingers in a paint and marked her face.

After this Elder Quinn raised her arms and the fire flamed up. Karen watched as the smoke turned into fingers of bears, deer, wolves, eagles, etc.

She closed her eyes as the smoke ran towards her and went into her body. Karen gasped as it intensified as more smoke went into her. Her eyes flashed as did the marks on her face as it continued.

Brian watched in wolf form and chuckled. "You think that'll protect you and the pups?" "You're wrong."

Mina gasped dropping her doll. "Auntie Abby." She said.

"What's wrong?" Abby asked.

"Something bad is gonna happen to mommy." She said.

"What's gonna happen?" Abby asked.

"I don't know but it's bad." Mina said.

"Okay I'll call her." She said dialing the number.

As they drove back home Karen's phone rang. "It's Abby." She said. "Hello?"

"Karen listen something...

But Kareb didn't catch the rest cause at that moment she screamed as something big hit the car causing Charlie to go down the hill.

Both screamed as they went down through the trees and bushes. Charlie tried to regain control but nothing happened. They finally crashed into a tree both hitting their heads badly.

Karen groaned as her vision became blurry. She turned to see about Charlie who was knocked unconscious.

At that moment the door was ripped open and Karen screamed as it was pulled out and thrown against a tree. Her vision became blurry again as a pair of familiar eyes came forward.

She tried to crawl away but Brian grabbed her by the ankle with his teeth before throwing her against another tree.

Karen groaned as he turned her over and with a nail cut her on the neck.

As she began to lose conscious the last thing she saw was Brian cutting his paw and putting it on the cut.