‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 17

Abby shot up awake in the middle of the night her head aching and her stomach growling and rumbling. She grabbed the cup drinking the last of the blood in it.

She licked it off her lips and rubbed her finger in the inside of the cup licking it off her fingers. She needed more.

Getting out she quietly walked to the kitchen trying not to wake up Charlie and Johnny who were sleeping on a pallet in the living room.

Opening the frig she pulled out a packet of steak opening it and pouring the blood into her cup. As she drank some walking back to her room she doubled over grabbing her stomach and dropping the cup.

Going into the bathroom she shut the door and pulled up the toilet seat vomiting the contents of her stomach.

Abby groaned as she continued to vomit all the blood from the raw meat she had injested.

"My body is rejecting it." She thought. "It won't accept this for food."

With a sob and leaning back against the tub she flushed the toilet sitting there with her head in her hands.

"Abby?" Karen said knocking on the door. "Are you alright?"

"You can come in Kar." She said.

Karen walked in finding her sitting against the tub tears running down her face and her nightshirt stained with blood.

"What's happened?" Karen asked sitting next to her and putting her arm around her sister.

"It's the thirst Karen." Abby said. "It's becoming unbearable." "My body won't accept blood from the meat packages." "It wants something better, stronger, and warmer and we both know what that is."

Karen pulled her close as Abby began to sob into her shirt. "You have to fight it Abby we both do."

"It's more difficult and harder than the first time." Abby said. "And I don't trust myself around the kids Karen."

Karen listened as she continued. "All I see when I look at them is food Karen." "All I can hear is their hearts, blood running through their veins, and the thirst roaring in my ears telling me just one little taste is all I need."

"But we know I'll drain them dry if I do." She said burying her head back in her hands. "I can't be around them Karen and they can't be around me."

"Abby you've controlled yourself around them so far you can do it." Karen said.

"Keywords so far." Abby said. "What about next time when they're around me especially when we're alone?" "I don't wanna think about what'll happen."

"I need to stay away from them and they need to stay away from me." Abby said. "It's the only way to protect them from me."

"Abby wait." Karen said as she got up walking out the bathroom.

Karen followed her and watched as she walked into her room shutting the door and locking it.

"Mommy where's Auntie Abby at?" Mina asked the next morning as they sat down for breakfast.

"She's sleeping she's not feeling well." Karen said.

"Is if because of her being a vampire?" Brody asked.

"Yes honey and it's contagious so y'all can't be around her." She said. "And she's gonna stay in her room that way y'all won't catch it."

"How long will she be sick?" Mina asked.

"I don't know but let's just hope she'll get better and soon." Karen said sharing a look with Charlie.

"Abby can I come in?" Charlie asked knocking and hearing no noise coming from inside the room.

"Abby?" She said again opening the door and walking inside the dark room.

She flipped the light switch on and walked to the bed. She pulled the covers back finding no sign of Abby.

"Abby where are you?" Charlie asked looking under the bed mad noticed the window was still closed and locked.

Then she heard a noise from the bathroom. Walking cautiously to the door she knocked on it. The noise stopped and it became silent inside.

"Abby are you in there?" Charlie asked turning the knob and finding it locked. "Abby open up."

"Go away." Abby said from inside. "It's not safe around me so just go away."

"No Abby I'm your friend and I'm gonna help you and so is your sister and Johnny." She said.

Abby was silent. "No one can help me or make it stop." She said.

"I won't give up on you Abby." Charlie said then said a spell making the door unlock.

Charlie opened the door and gasped at the sight inside. The mirror was completely shattered. There was blood on the walls and on the floor.

In the middle of the floor was Abby covered in her blood with a large shard of glass in her hand. Her wrists were bleeding and she was drinking from them.

She looked up her eyes locking with Charlie's. "I told you not to come in here." She said.

"Abby why would you do this to yourself?" Charlie whispered walking over and taking the shard throwing it against the wall.

"Why?" She asked grabbing Abby and shaking her.

"Because I can't take it!" Abby yelled tears forming. "I can't take the empty always growling in the pit of my stomach or this throbbing in my head that won't go away!"

She began crying hysterically. "It's getting worse Char and I can't control it."

She buried her face in Charlie's shirt. "My God." Karen said entering the room and seeing the bloody mess.

Abby looked up locking eyes with her sister. "I can't take it Karen and I can't control it."

Karen said nothing but walked over taking her sister into her arms as she continued to cry.

"I'll keep the twins from coming in." Charlie said getting up and shutting the door to the bathroom.

"Is everything okay?" Johnny asked.

"No Abby was feeding from herself." She said. "She's getting worse."

Johnny shook his head. "What do we do?" "What can we do?"

"Ashton if only you were here." Charlie said.

"Looks like you're theory of her trying to commit suicide are dead on Val." Michelle said. "She just slit her wrists to feed on herself!"

"I always knew she was pathetic and couldn't handle this life." Valary said.

"What about mama wolf?" Matt asked as he and the others entered the room.

"Brian has something planned for her and the pups." Michelle said with a smirk.

"Are you sure you want to go out alone?" Charlie asked Karen. "I could come with you."

"I have to do this Charlie for their sake and you have to stay here to keep Abby sane and from hurting herself." Karen said.

Charlie sighed. "Y'all be careful."

"We will." She said. "Y'all ready babies?"

"Ready mom." The twins said.

"Where we we going mom?" Brody asked.

"I'm gonna show y'all something." Karen said as they got in the car.

Getting in she pulled out they waved to Charlie and Johnny before driving onto the highway.

"Mom why are we in the woods?" Mina asked as they stopped near the woods.

"I need to show y'all something." Karen said turning off the engine. "Come on."

They all got out walking into the woods. Karen made sure they were far from the highway when she stopped.

"Okay." She said kicking her shoes off. "This is far enough."

"Mom what are you doing?" Brody asked.

"I'm gonna show y'all there's nothing to be afraid of." Karen said her eyes flashing.

The twins stood back their eyes wide as Karen transformed into a silver greyish wolf.

"Mommy?" Mina asked scared.

Karen walked over as Mina stepped back. "Mina it's still me mommy." She said.

Mina walked forward and petted her head. Karen laughed and licked her face.

"We're gonna be wolves today?" Brody asked.

Karen nodded. "You and your sister don't have to be afraid of your heritage what matters is what you choose to be." "You can choose to be either good or evil." "It's all about a choice."

"Trying to teach them how to be a house pet?" A voice said.

Karen turned and growled standing in front of the kids as Brian in wolf form appeared.