‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 20

"Mina?" Abby said in disbelief. "Is that really you?"

"Auntie Abby I'm so glad I was able to reach you!" Mina said with a cry.

"Are you and your brother okay?" She asked. "Did Avenged hurt y'all?"

"No they haven't but they've hurt Uncle Ashton really bad." She said. "And they said that we're not coming home to y'all and that a few days living here should make me as dad said less witchy."

"They're gonna try to either weaken your powers or make them go away completely." Abby said.

"They can't really do that can they?" Mina asked.

"It's difficult to do and it takes a lot of power and magic but stripping a witch of their powers forever can be done." Abby said.

"I don't want that!" Mina yelled. "I want to come home to you and mommy." "Auntie Abby please get us away from here."

"We'll try Mina but we don't know where y'all are exactly." Abby said. "Try to give me details of the house and the surrounding area."

"It's an old gray dreary looking house like the ones in that movie Corspe Bride and it's surrounded completely by woods and trees." She said. "I can barely see the moon but sometimes I can see a shield shimmering around the house."

"And that's what's keeping them off the map and preventing us from finding y'all." Abby said. "Mina look at the shield real closely does anything look different about it from the shields we've been teaching you to do?"

Mina looked out the window at the shield as it shimmered briefly again. "It shimmers red and black." She said.

"Kay that's a start." Abby said. "We'll try to find you, Brody, and Ashton and bring y'all home."

"Please hurry Auntie Abby I'm scared for Brody." She said.

"What did they do to him?" Abby asked.

"Nothing but he doesn't want to go home and dad said that tomorrow he was taking Brody out to teach him how to hunt." Mina said.

"Hunt?" Abby said it coming out in a whisper and gasp.

"Yes and I don't think it's gonna be deer they're gonna be hunting." Mina said.

"Abby you okay?" Charlie asked the next morning. "You haven't be able to sit still."

"Cause last night Mina contacted me." She said.

"What?" The other two said in unison.

"By contacted you, you mean she talked to you telepathically?" Charlie asked.

"Yes at first I thought I was hearing things until she started talking more." Abby said.

At that moment Karen walked in exhausted and frustrated.

"Karen last night Mina contacted me in my mind." Abby said.

Karen's head snapped up. "Where are they?" "Are they okay?" "What did she say?"

"Slow down Karen they're fine for now." Abby said. "Mina said that they said a couple of days there should weaken her powers."

Karen made a low growl. "They're trying to take their powers away!" She yelled slamming her fist down making the table crack.

"Calm down Karen." Abby said getting up.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down!" She yelled her eyes flashing and her face morphing.

"Karen I command you to calm down!" Abby yelled grabbing her.

As soon as she did Karen's face returned to normal. "What the hell just happened?"

"I don't know." Abby said puzzled. "I just wanted you to calm down and you did."

"Abby it seems you have a new power." Charlie said a smile forming.

"What more power could I possibly have?" She asked.

"You have the power to calm down others and relax them by touching them." She said. "It's a power that some witches just get and you're one of the few to get it."

Abby looked at her hands. "So I can make nervousness, anxiousness, and other negative emotions go away?"

Charlie nodded. "Exactly it'll come in handy to keep us all grounded and focused."

"Abby what else did Mina say?" Karen asked.

"She said that the house is somewhere in a wooded area and that it's surrounded by a shield that shimmers black and red." Abby said. "And that's not all."

"What else is there?" Johnny asked.

"She said that Brian is taking Brody out hunting and she has a feeling that it's not animals they're hunting." She said.

"He's gonna turn my son into a killer like him." Karen whispered. "We have to find them and fast!"

Mina sat on the floor looking out the window at the shield as it shimmered.

"What are you looking at?" Brody asked tying his shoe.

"Nothing but the many trees." She said not turning as the door opened.

"You ready buddy?" Brian asked.

"Yes dad lets go." Brody said jumping up.

Brian chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Okay we'll go in a minute wait downstairs while I talk to your sister."

"Okay dad." Brody said running out the room.

"Now Mina as you know you're not leaving this room but your aunts will come to keep you company up here." He said.

"They're not my aunts and I don't want to talk to them." She said.

"That's too bad cause they're gonna come up here and you're gonna spead time with them and get used to living here." Brian said.

"I'm not gonna talk to them and I won't get used to living here cause this isn't my home and they're not and you aren't my family." Mina said.

Brian growled softly. "You're also gonna learn to stop talking back to your dad and your elders."

"I won't." She said. "Cause you're terrible people and I don't have to."

Brian's eyes flashed and he picked up Mina squeezing her. Mina whimpered then her eyes flashed as Brian dropped her holding his head.

"Brian what's going on?" Michelle asked as she ran in. "What did you do?"

Mina said nothing but glared. "Those little powers of yours are gonna be suspended." Michelle said as her eyes turned black.

Mina closed her eyes as the floor started shaking. Using her head she threw Michelle against a wall knocking her out.

Mina gasped opening her eyes and ran out the room and downstairs. She looked seeing Brody eating with the others.

"What's she doing out her room?" Zacky asked noticing her.

Mina gasped and ran through the living room throwing the front door opened.

Taking a breath she ran through the shield gasping as she heard the sound of panting and growing behind her.