‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 21

Mina screamed as she stumbled barely keeping herself from falling as she sped up. The growling noises along with the sound of running footsteps and yelling were getting closer.

"Please grandmother don't let them get me and take me back to that place." Mina thought as she continued running.

She squealed as she trip over a tree root and rolled down into a mess of twigs covered with thorns.

Getting up and trying to run she ended up getting herself more tangled into it. She started yanking and pulling at the twigs cutting her palms and ripping her dress.

She stopped her movements hearing the sound of panting.

"I saw her vanish near here." Jimmy said.

Panicking Mina pulled sharply crying out as some of her hair was ripped out.

"She's over here!" Michelle yelled.

Mina did a final sharp yank ripping her dress but freeing herself from the thorn bush.

She ran deeper into the woods where the trees blocked the sun and the mist seemed to get thicker.

Stopping Mina leaned against a tree resting until she heard a low growl from behind her.

Turning around she watched as a pair of luminescent golden eyes slowly came out the mist. She looked around grabbing a nearby stick as the wolf fully appeared.

The wolf stopped and sat down tilting its head. Mina glared at it raising the stick higher. It was a brownish reddish wolf fairly small it looked like a few years old.

The wolf whined as if asking her to put it down. Her eyes widen as the wolf appeared more familiar to her.

"Brody?" She said in disbelief.

"It's me Mina isn't this cool?" He asked telepathically.

"You're a werewolf just like dad!" She yelled. "How did this happen?"

"Aunt Michelle gave me a special juice to help me with the wolf." He said.

"She's not our aunt and that juice was probably a potion." Mina said.

"Either way I like being a wolf." He said barking in happiness.

"You shouldn't they're only gonna use you for their own means." She said.

"That's not true Mina." Brody said his demeanor becoming serious. "Dad said the only way we can live with them is to become a wolf."

"Well I don't want to live with them or become a wolf." Mina said. "I wanna go home to mom and be what I'm truely suppose to be a witch."

"Dad says you're not gonna be a witch you're gonna be a wolf." Brody said.

"I'm not gonna be a wolf!" Mina yelled stamping her foot. "He's not our dad he's an evil man who wants to use us along with those other evil people." "Don't you remember they tried to kill mom, Auntie Abby and Charlie, and Uncle Johnny and Ashton?"

"Dad said it was only cause they tried to kill them." Brody said. "He said it was self defense."

"Why do you believe everything that comes out his mouth Brody?" She asked. "What do you say and think?"

"I say I like being a wolf and want to stay like this forever." He said. "I think you could like it too Mina if you just gave it a chance."

"I'm not and won't give it a chance." She said shaking her head.

"We're twins Mina we have to stick together." Brody said.

"You should be on my side then and believe me when I say that these are not good people." She said. "But you don't."

"Well I'm at least giving this a try something you should do." He said.

"Never." She said. "I'll never become like dad or them."

"You don't have a choice." A voice said.

Mina turned seeing Brian in wolf form come out the mist. She looked and saw the others appear in different directions.

"You're surrounded princess." Brian said. "Be a good girl and drop the stick and come along with us and maybe you won't get in as much trouble."

"No!" Mina yelled causing them all to be thrown back.

Seeing this Mina got over her initial shock and climbed the free that was behind her.

"Did y'all hear that?" Abby asked getting up. "It sounded like someone screaming."

"I heard it too and that someone is Mina." Charlie said.

"How are we able to hear her and she's far away from us?" Karen asked.

"She must've used the ability known as the siren screech." Charlie said.

"What's that?" Johnny asked.

"It's something a witch can do that involves them yelling to the point it comes out like a screech it can either send enemies back or render them deaf." She said.

"Mina did that." Karen whispered.

Abby smiled. "She's becoming a powerful witch just like her mom."

"I wonder...

Charlie said and sat down closing her eyes and started humming a strange tune.

"Whatcha doing Char?" Abby asked.

Charlie raised a hand silencing her. "I'm concentrating."

Mina screamed as Jimmy and Zacky climbed after her. She yelled as one grabbed her leg.

"Let go!" She yelled throwing a ball of fire at him.

Zacky yelled and fell out the tree trying to put the fire out. She climbed higher coming to the top of the tree.

"I'm trapped." She whispered. "They're gonna get me and take my powers away."

"Mina?" A voice said.

"Auntie Charlie?" She said.

"It's me Mina where are you?" She asked.

"I'm in the woods at the top of the tree and their trying to get me." Mina said. "Please help me."

"I will but you have to listen to what I tell you." She said. "Close your eyes...

"We got her." Matt said smirking.

"I'll teach her to escape." Brian said. "After her powers are gone she won't be able to do it again."

Everyone watched then their eyes widen as Jimmy fell to the ground.

"The hell?" He said then looked in amazement at the top of the tree.

"How did she learn that?" Valary asked. "She shouldn't be able to do that she's only two!"

"Someone is helping her and we all know who that someone is." Michelle said bitterly.

Charlie finally opened her eyes and got up sighing in relief. "What did you do Charlie?" Karen asked.

Charlie merely smiled as her friends looked at her confused then the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" Karen said walking to the door.

She couldn't see the person through the peephole unlocking it she opened it. Looking around she saw no one and started to close the door...

She heard a laugh. "Down here mom." A voice said.

Karen gasped softly and looked down blinking in disbelief. "Mina?" She whispered.

"Mommy!" She said as Karen opened the screen door embracing her with tears in her eyes.

"I thought I wound never get home mom." Mina said crying as well.

"How did you get back?" Karen asked.

"Auntie Charlie." Mina said looking at Charlie who stood in the hallway smiling.

"Charlie you...

"I'll explain later right now I think someone needs a bath, bandages, and some hot soup." She said.

"Tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwich." Mina said making them all laugh. "Can I have some hot chocolate too?"

Karen laughed. "Yes you can let's get you cleaned up first." She said walking inside and closing the door.