‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 23

All the adults were on edge as the day went by and the sun started to set.

"Mommy I'm scared." Mina said.

"I know honey." Karen said picking her up. "We all are but you have to be brave."

"I'm trying to but what if they get me again or worse?" She asked.

"They're not going too cause me, your Aunts Abby, Charlie, and Johnny won't let them." She said.

Abby sat in her room watching as the rays of sunlight disappeared from the floor. She managed to drink from the hospital bag coughing and choking as she did.

Grace came over putting her chin on Abby's knee. Abby scratched her head and ears.

"They're coming tonight Grace and I fear I won't be strong enough to fight them especially with the thirst roaring in my ears." She said.

Grace licked her face and whined. Abby sat there trying to gain some strength as her body continued to reject the blood.

"It's almost night just five more minutes." Valary said watching the sun.

Matt came behind her his hands on her shoulders. "It's almost here baby." He said.

Valary nodded. "Almost time for us to get our revenge and I can't wait to have her head hanging over our fireplace."

Matt chuckled and glanced at the clock. "Three more minutes." He thought as they watched the sunset.

Michelle hummed as the herbs that enhanced her powers invaded her nostrils.

She exhaled deeply and sighed as her powers surged through her giving her a big rush. The candles went out and the fire flared as her hair started blowing wildly.

Finally the wind died down, the candles came back on, Michelle's hair settled down, and the fire calmed down.

She opened her eyes which were completely black. "I'm ready." She said.

"Ready to get your sister back sport?" Brian asked fixing Brody's jacket.

"Dad we're not gonna hurt mom are we?" Brody asked.

"No we're just gonna mess them up a little and make sure they can't take you and your sister away from us again." He said.

"So no is gonna get hurt?" Brody asked.

"Of course not I promise." Brian said hugging him as Matt walked in with a smile.

"It's time." He said.

"Abby you okay?" Charlie asked noticing her staring.

Abby shook her head. "Fine just thinking." She said in actuality she had been staring at Charlie's neck.

She got up walking to the living room at the moment the lights went out.

"Abby where are you?" Karen asked.

"I'm here." She said.

"It's them." Charlie said illuminating the room with a fireball.

"But where are they?" Johnny asked.

Then there was clattering on the roof along with some pounding on the sides of the house.

"Where the hell are they?" Karen yelled.

There was a chuckle they all looked at the staircase seeing Shadows.

"How the hell do you get in?" Abby asked.

"You should learn to close your window all the way and your guard dog wasn't exactly alert when I came in." He said with a smirk.

"Where's Grace?" Abby asked.

"She's right here." Valary said appearing on the railing and throwing something down.

Abby watched as the object rolled down the stairs and stopped near her feet. "No." She whispered as the decapitated head of Grace came into view.

She dropped to her knees picking up the head. "No!" She yelled again as tears came.

"Poor little puppy's gone and can't protect y'all from us." Valary said.

"You bitch!" Abby yelled and jumped up and tried to tackle her.

Michelle appeared and clenched her fist making Abby fall to the ground grabbing her stomach.

"Abby?" Karen said as Abby started screaming as a black liquid came out her mouth. "What did you do to her?"

"I wouldn't worry bout her right now." A voice said.

Karen turned as Brian appeared she pushed Mina behind her. "Stay back." She said.

"This can be easy Karen just give me Mina and we'll go away." He said.

"I'm not going with you." Mina said.

"But your brother misses you." Brian said as a small wolf appeared.

"Brody?" Karen said I'm disbelief. "What has he done?"

"Dad hasn't done anything mom I like being a wolf." Brody said.

"Brody your dad is gonna turn you into a killer." Karen said. "He wants you to kill people just like he does and how he almost did us."

"He says he did that cause you tried to kill him." Brody said. "He says it was self defense."

"It was but I was the one doing self defense." Karen said. "Your dad along with them tried to kill me and your Aunt as part of a ritual to gain invincibility."

Brody looked at Brian. "Is that true dad?"

"Course it isn't I told you your mother lies to keep you with her." Brian said. "She has your sister believing it which is why we need to take her with us."

"I'm not going with you!" Mina yelled.

Brian smiled. "I think you will." He said pointing with his head.

They turned to see Johnny being held by Jimmy in a headlock and Charlie was being held by Zacky.

"Let them go!" Karen yelled.

"We will if you give us Mina." Matt said.

"You're not getting her!" Karen growled.

"Very well." Zacky said choking Charlie and Jimmy increased his grip on Johnny.

"Please stop hurting them!" Mina pleaded.

"I will but only of you come with me." Brian said.

Mina looked at her mom as tears filled her eyes then hugged her. "I love you mommy but it's the only way to make them stop hurting them."

"Mina no." Karen said then gasped as Abby screamed louder.

"I have to mom it's the only way." Mina said walking towards Brian.

"Good girl." Brian said. "Come on guys we've got what we wanted."

Abby, Charlie, and Johnny all gasped for air as they were released from their torment. Karen watched as Avenged walked pass her and locked eyes with Mina before they left.

"That was easier than I thought." Zacky said.

"Too easy that it wasn't fun." Michelle said. "But I can fix that."

"No!" Mina yelled as Michelle raised her hand making the entire house cave in and collapse.