‹ Prequel: Cry Little Sister
Status: Active

Thou Shall Not Die

Chapter 24

Abby groaned and sat up coughing as the dust from the concrete and sheet rock invaded her nostrils. She sat up easily pushing off a part of the roof that had fallen on her.

She looked around eyes wide as the dust cleared. The entire house was in ruins.

Wincing Abby got up feeling looking down as the afraid and cuts healed instantly.

The last thing she could remember was Matt and Valary heading her then Mina willingly go with Avenged in order to save Charlie and Johnny. Then the house collapsing on them.

They didn't have time to react cause it was so sudden and quick.

"Karen?" Abby said as she started walking in the wreckage. "Johnny?" "Charlie?" "Anybody?"

Abby listened hearing a wheezing sound. Looking to her left to where the kitchen had once been she saw an arm sticking out.

She ran over digging through the debris and throwing it elsewhere till she uncovered Karen.

"Kar?" She said squeezing and caressing her face. "Karen please wake up."

Karen's eyes moved underneath her lids as they slowly opened. "Abby?"

"Thank God Karen." Abby said with a sob and hugged her sister.

"Gently I'm healing slowly for some reason." She said hugging her back. "Are you okay?"

"Fine how bout you?" Abby asked.

"Got hit on my head badly but I'm okay." Karen said then looked around. "Where are Charlie and Johnny?"

"Don't know let's find them." Abby said helping Karen up.

"Charlie!" Abby said. "Johnny where are you guys?"

"Did you hear that?" Karen asked her ears perking.

"I hear it." Abby said hearing a cough and a wheeze. "It came from over there."

They walked along hearing more coughing till they came to where the back door used to be. Through the still clearing dust they could see Johnny crawling out from under some debris.

"Johnny are you okay?" Abby asked as they came to his aid helping him up.

"Find heads aching though." He said. "How are y'all?"

"We're okay." Karen said. "Where's Charlie?"

"I was about to ask y'all the same thing." Johnny said. "Y'all haven't found her?"

"No and we've walked all over the debris we would've found her by now unless...

Johnny's eyes flashed in anger and he clenched his fists. "They took her."

"Home sweet home." Brian said as they entered the house.

"Let go!" Mina said squirming trying to get her hand loose from Michelle's grasp.

"Behave yourself princess." Brian said. "This is your home and she's your new mom."

"She'll never be my mom." Mina said. "My real mom is back at my real home where I belong."

"Your home is gone now destroyed along with your mom." Valary said. "So get over it and get used to living here with us."

"Never!" Mina yelled and stepped on Michelle's foot making her let go.

Michelle growled. "Those powers of yours are gone!" She said and threw a hex at Mina.

Mina held up her hand making a shield and made it grow. Michelle's eyes grew blacker as she made the hex stronger trying to penetrate the shield.

"Stop Michelle I know what will make her cooperate." Brian said then grabbed the weak Charlie by her head.

"Let her go!" Mina yelled.

"Let that shield down or I snapped her head off." Brian said. "Your choice."

Mina glared then looked at Charlie before putting her hand down making the shield disappear.

"See how things can be if you cooperate?" Brian asked releasing and throwing Charlie to Jimmy.

"Put her with the shapeshifter." Matt said.

"As for you two you deserve a great for doing a good job sport." Brian said. "As for you princess your aunt and mom will take care of you."

Mina backed up raising her hands but screamed as the twins held up their hands making her fall to her knees.

"I can't believe they took Mina and Charlie." Abby said as they sat in the house Charlie, Johnny, and Ashton shared.

"What do they want with Charlie though?" Karen asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Abby said. "Who's always the one who helps us with our powers and guides us?" "They took Charlie cause they know we're lost without her guidance."

"What can we do then?" Karen asked. "How can we find them when she's gone?" "We can't do this without Charlie."

"Yes y'all can and y'all have too for now." Johnny said appearing with the book. "Yes Charloe does help and guide y'all with your powers but ultimately it's you who's using your powers."

"I think Charlie knew this would happen." Johnny said opening to a page. "Cause she marked this page."

Abby took the book reading the title. "Spell to locate loved ones and kin."

"But we need something of Mina's and Charlie's to do it." Abby said.

"Covered." Johnny said pulling out a bracelet.

"And Mina?" She asked.

"Her hair us shedding so when I was stroking it trying to comfort her some if it rubbed off on my hand." Karen said.

Abby smiled. "Let's do this." She said and told them the other ingredients.

A small silver wolf sat up in the small cage she was in perking her ears as if sensing something before laying back down.

"Okay let's begin." Abby said.

All three joined hands as Abby began chanting in Latin. The fire flared before going back to normal.

Abby opened her eyes. "It was suppose to work."

"Let's try again." Karen said.

They tried a second time still nothing. Karen sighed in defeat. "It's not working."

"Try again." Johnny said. "Third time's a charm."

The sisters shared a look before Abby smiled taking Karen's and Johnny's hands again and chanted.

The fire flared went back to normal this time a wind came blowing their hair around. Charlie's bracelet began to glow as Karen joined in the chant.

Mina's ears perked up again. "Mommy?" She said then howled.

"Stop that noise!" Michelle yelled.

Everything went back to normal. They all slowly opened their eyes.

"Did you hear that?" Karen whispered. "That bowl came from Mina."

"I heard it too." Abby said hugging her crying sister.

"I heard it too and that's not all." Johnny said with a smile.

The sisters looked seeing the crystal pointing at the location of Avenged and their captive family.

The Tampa Bay Woods.